PDA

View Full Version : Scariest tomb raider moment

Starlet26
13th Mar 2007, 20:56
Hi I'm new to this forum and as a huge tomb raider fan I was just wondering which moment in the tomb raider games everyone found scariest?

Mine would have to be hearing the booming footsteps in the Lost Valley and seeing the T-Rex coming around the corner toward me.

:eek:

Lara Croft Wanna Be
13th Mar 2007, 21:45
You know 8 years ago i thought the t-rex was the scariest thing i had ever seen and the hardest boss in tomb raider...

I played again recenty and well i was dissappointed about how easy it was... i took it down with the pistols alone... i didnt even need the shotgun... i didnt even find it lol.... and then the beast in atlantis*i think* without legs the one thats uses its hands to move about - not that hard i killed in about 4 minuets. with uzis it took 600-650 shots to kill i figured out how to really make the fight easy. When it gets close tap back off the ledge and hold onto the edge until he moves away then pull up and unload on him - you should only have to do once or twice. I expected more it sure looks tougher.

I will say natla was harder than i remember hmmm thats probably cause i pooped my pants at eight years old an quit at the t-rex lol.....

Maybe it seems easier because im braver :)
but now i can also say

tomb raider 1 is the BEST!!!

munchkin
13th Mar 2007, 21:56
Hi I'm new to this forum and as a huge tomb raider fan I was just wondering which moment in the tomb raider games everyone found scariest?

Mine would have to be hearing the booming footsteps in the Lost Valley and seeing the T-Rex coming around the corner toward me.

i have ot adit i've never really foudn any TR scary (VG's in gneral except for very scary survival Horros like Resi 4, Eternal Darkness, Forbiden Siren etc) but the scene which left the strongest impression?

there are two, one in TR1 with the T-Rex just remebering how stunning that was way back in the day is amazing :)

and in TR2 The first Shark at the start of the maria dora levels :)

beccaxx

Joshorty
13th Mar 2007, 22:03
In the beginning of the City of Atlantis level...GAH...

pinkangel07
14th Mar 2007, 01:41
I will say natla was harder than i remember hmmm thats probably cause i pooped my pants at eight years old an quit at the t-rex lol.....

ah ahaha ahahahah i laughed at loud for real when i read that

scariest TR moment?! where do i begin?!?!?!

1. TR1 T-rex
2. TR1 Colisseum entrance when the lion jumps out/when any animal in the entire game pops out
3. TR3 Temple Ruins, the second room in the temple where the statue comes alive... yipe!
4. TR3 Crash site with the raptors, especially in the darkened room where you flip all the switches to get to the room above where the dead guy is and you steal his keys.......
5. TR3 Aldwych... basically the entire level makes me need some morphine... i still haven't gotten past the part with the subway tracks... yeesh, scary...
6. Lud's Gate when you are underwater with the scuba thing and those guys chase you
7. TR4 the motorcycle levels/dark levels/indoor levels
8. TR Chronicles Black Isle part 1
9. TR Chronicles Russian Sub when it is sinking

there are plenty more where that came from! can't think of a scariest!:lmao:

LisaB1962
14th Mar 2007, 15:27
One level that doesn't get much play because it's a PC add on is TR3's Gold Level---the Lost Artifact. It's very creepy when you get inside. Bodies of things hanging around.

But the TRex still sends my blood racing. And when all the Atlantean mutants charge you in the room where you meet the doppleganger. I always have the strategy to run right and crawl up the platform quick and I'm always too freaked to do it properly.

barabora
14th Mar 2007, 17:09
Hi I'm new to this forum and as a huge tomb raider fan I was just wondering which moment in the tomb raider games everyone found scariest?Mine would have to be hearing the booming footsteps in the Lost Valley and seeing the T-Rex coming around the corner toward me.:eek:

Welcome into the very calm forum~ :cool:
More horror scean was... booming footspets coming from the DARK
in "Gread Wall" in TR_02 when we found last screat area. :nut:
And sudden comming-up skull scean was also horror at Indonesai in TR_03.
But very important horror facts were thing is back-music in TR serise...
There is no any horror but a certain mysterious back-music comming...
And very high HEIGHT was the real horror in TR. hmmm...
These are also horror facts in TR. hehe~ :nut:

8. TR Chronicles Black Isle part 1
9. TR Chronicles Russian Sub when it is sinking

I think there was no any horror. Rather hagn-man(?) calling
sound was horror in Part of "Little-Lara" come child~ comming closer~ :eek:
That's very good job of EIDOS. So I like this TR_05.
Back musics & effect sounds in this "Little Lara" also
very good for feeling horror. It was very good job.

doctor willard
14th Mar 2007, 18:21
my scariest moment was definatly on the black isle on chronicles...those pigmites (the little tiny demons u cant kill) where freaky...:eek:

and welcome to the fourms!

LisaB1962
14th Mar 2007, 20:11
You know, I'd totally forgotten about the demon babies until you mentioned them. No sleep for me tonight!

Joshorty
14th Mar 2007, 20:46
Yeah I totally forgot about that part of the game. It was honestly freaky. I'm following the light feeling safe and scared at the same time while this monster is at my back:eek: ! The music too..

RuumTaedor
14th Mar 2007, 21:25
I thought the cutscene right around there where young Lara has the vision of the decomposing guy hanging from a tree asking Lara to find his heart was pretty scary.

Joshorty
14th Mar 2007, 22:10
That part too..though now I'm not that scared for some reason..

other then that, I'm playing the beginning of Sanctuary of the Scion right now...MAN I HATE THIS PART:eek: !!

EDIT:
And I can't believe I killed them without suffering a lot of damage..I was using Pistols too:eek:

Mad Axeman
14th Mar 2007, 23:35
my scariest moment was definatly on the black isle on chronicles...those pigmites (the little tiny demons u cant kill) where freaky...:eek:

and welcome to the fourms!

Yeah, that was SPOOKY

Starlet26
15th Mar 2007, 16:04
Thanks for the opinions guys. I guess that's why I love Tomb Raider so much. Half the challenge is playing the game and the other half is overcoming my fear of what's lurking around the next corner waiting to jump out!

doctor willard
15th Mar 2007, 19:04
im really disturbed about those pigmites...i started playing chronicles again and its really got me spooked...and pigmites is the official name for them 2.

:eek: :confused:

Tomb-Dude
15th Mar 2007, 19:54
yer umm..... scariest moment for me.... T-Rex!!!! :eek:
I was young like majorly young probz like 6ish lol but i loved tomb raider and dat scare the nick nacks off of me!! hehe but i cant really remember any of the tomb raiders that well :( i know bad but i only played a little bit of chronicals so i have no idea what you are talking about and tr 2 wont play on my pc but i was playing tr3 and 4 but then pc.... messed up so we had to get ride of it.

Other scarest moment tr 3 the statue i had no idea how to kill it...(if you can) so i ran (young again)

Sorry new at this forum!!!

Joshorty
15th Mar 2007, 21:53
Lol:D I used to be the same. Any area I'm standing in (TOMB RAIDER 1~5), I'd always be SCARED. There's no sense of security and stuff lol it was like a horror game to me.

LisaB1962
15th Mar 2007, 23:04
Other scarest moment tr 3 the statue i had no idea how to kill it...(if you can) so i ran (young again)

You know---once I left the room. I crawled back into the first room and came back and he was GONE! Darnedest thing!

gaetano
15th Mar 2007, 23:50
LOL, funniest thread!

I'dsay the rex too...

But in fact, my first videogame ever was TR 2. It's a little blurred in my mind.. I had rented it... and then I was in some sort of gravel pit with a tiger after me and I had not made the training...so I ran and jumped in every corners...shooting and shooting until I got it... and then it was peacefull, VERY peacefull... And then I looked everywhere... and everywhere...and everywhere
and I never found the way out of this damn gravel pit that night! And I told to myself I hate that stupid videogame and I will never play again and I gave it back to the store...and and I felt so stupid about me that THIS was my MOST FRIGHTENING TIME of Tomb Raider :lol: A week later, I rented it again... and this time I found the way out and it was pure delight and MAGIC ...! Just couldn'nt stop playing... and then I rented TR 1... and then I bought all of them... and I preordered TRA!:)

amazonian
16th Mar 2007, 00:23
I think mine would have to be either the bigger mutants in Tomb Raider 3 in the antarctica levels, especially when you're in the dark and therefore can't see them coming. :eek: I also dislike the mutants in AOD; the ones trotting around in the sanitarium. The way they move just freaks me out. I guess I'm not much of a muntant fan.

Slim Vision
16th Mar 2007, 15:53
Scariest moment; listening to the voice acting.

dtrickle
16th Mar 2007, 16:14
i think that TR1 had the best sense of suspense with the background music coming in at the right times. the other games in the series didn't seem to have that effect.

pinkangel07
17th Mar 2007, 01:54
i think that TR1 had the best sense of suspense with the background music coming in at the right times. the other games in the series didn't seem to have that effect.

Really? I thought TR3's sound effects/music really made the feel for the game. I would always turn around and grab a ledge before I fell to set off any traps... it worked a lot, lol.

Right now I am playing through TR3 and I am at Caves of Kalayas(spelling?) and the cave music is on... I got through the maze and am about to go into the first save crystal room but I am afraid to... lol, I am pathetic

1lovelamol
17th Mar 2007, 05:18
U guys are all too caught up in the past! I'm thinking more TR 7 for my scariest moment. WHICH would have to be:

When in the flashback at Paraiso young Lara is talking to kent and then the monster kills him with blood flying...and later when you have to run from the monster.
Also the size of the snake at King Arthur's tomb had me panicking.
The Nephilim from Angel of Darkness...god I dropped the controller like 37 times cause I was like panicking beyond control.
Oh and when

You find out that the thing Lara's mother was talking to through the gate before she dissapeared to Avalon was Lara herself from the future...and that Amanda made Lady Croft pull the sword....and then little Lara was left with a 10 day trek to civilization and her mother gone in Avalon forever.

RuumTaedor
17th Mar 2007, 06:19
Your spoiler is more revealing than you realize, 1lovelamol. Are we talking about the same game? ;)

dtrickle
17th Mar 2007, 07:06
i hate to nit pick, but since this is a huge fansite/forum specifically for a certain game... her name is spelled Lara. ****

1lovelamol
17th Mar 2007, 23:40
Oh really guys, I make one spelling mistake and you jump on me. :( For your info I HAVE played through TR 1 (dont remember much) , TR 2 (same) , TR 3 (pales in comparison to legend. in fact, all of them do.), TR Last Revelation (that was sad) TR Chronicles (loved it despite the rating) TR Angel of Darkness ( I was obssesed with the "murderer Lara" for a while) TR Legend (a couple times, the graphics are amazing in nepal) and am impatiently awaiting TR Anniversary.

As for the spoiler, the site did that. All I typed was [ spoiler ] ... [ / spoiler] (without the spaces)

lara lara lara lara croft lara Lara LARA LARA LARA LARA!!! happy? :D

RuumTaedor
18th Mar 2007, 02:14
Oh really guys, I make one spelling mistake and you jump on me.

LOL Actually you made three mistakes, 1lovelmao, and you corrected two of them but one still remains!

As for the spoiler, the site did that. All I typed was [ spoiler ] ... [ / spoiler]

...along with three incorrect spellings of the main character.

In spite of this atrocity, I would be remis in my duties if I didn't welcome you to the forum, so welcome to the forum, 1lovelmao. :)

tomb_raiding
18th Mar 2007, 07:35
I can't believe no one has mentioned:
Willard's Tech Mines of Tr3
Dragon of Tr2
Yyetis of Tr2

dark_angel@134
18th Mar 2007, 18:09
scariest moment for me was the mutants in the sanatorium, brother obscura coming towards me after the cutscene in hall of seasons, the serpent rising out of the water in tr7, the t-rex, the bacon creatures, the mutants in the bio research facility, the part in bartolis hideout, when you break the windows and kill the d-ogs and then turn to see the blade trap, and last but not least, the basment of doom in the hallof seasons level.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

pinkangel07
20th Mar 2007, 01:20
When I play AOD over and get to the part where you play as Kurtis, I stop. I REFUSE to play the sanitarium. It really scares me. I also got scared in TR3 Area 51 in the Alien room... yipe!

biggylew01
24th Mar 2007, 18:59
My scariest moment i swhere when you start one level near the end and all the creatures hatch from there shells

Tell me that wasnt scary:eek:

pinkangel07
24th Mar 2007, 19:28
holy crap, lol. was that atlantis? My sister and I never finished TR1, we got too scared. :lol:

another scary one for me was just relived as I played TR3...

The Crash Site level (the one with the T-Rex and raptors)
after you shoot that hanging raptor so the stupid pirannah leave you alone, you cross the river and get into the dark room with 3 levers... and like, 50 raptors come out! WAAAH! And when you get to the room above, there is a dead guy... (Lt. Tuckerman?) YIKES!!!!!

Tomraider
24th Mar 2007, 20:36
the scariest moment is when in the first game in the greece levels a lion or gorilla pops out of nowhere! Ive jumped so many times.....nearly gave me a heart attack!

ditom
24th Mar 2007, 22:08
I was in TR1.
Before the fight with T-REX I had to restart my PC.I was high system requirements:mad2: