PDA

View Full Version : Tune in!

rabid metro
12th Mar 2007, 06:49
what 3 tunes would Lara Croft have on her personal music player?
with Lara’s eclectic tastes, the challenge is to limit your suggestions to just 3 tunes.
really, its just something to do while we wait for the 10th anniversary release.

---this is not a poll, vote, or rating, just your opinions (and your comments are requested).
---there’s no need to post counterpoints a/o dissenting comments (see above).
---no links to music downloads, at all, please.

here's a peek at me:
christina aguilera (stripped) fighter- because of her indomitable spirit.
yes (close to the edge) close to the edge- “its lovely”. :cool:
fall out boy (this ain’t a scene,...) this ain’t a scene,...- strictly fun eye/ear candy.

okay, your turn ...

doctor willard
12th Mar 2007, 09:19
i think tomb raider needs some death metal :D "its all silent in the lost valley...then when the raptors come jumping in...some death metal starts real loud lol.

CatSuit&Ponytail
12th Mar 2007, 10:16
This is an interesting idea, rabid metro. :)

Let's seee......since she shares my taste in music... ;)

I think she would have among the days of music on her mp3 player at least these three included... Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, Catherine Wheel's cover of Rush's Spirit of Radio (ha! 2in1 ;) ), and Kate Bush's Nocturn.... but so much more... :D

lara-supreme
12th Mar 2007, 12:27
Nice thread

I'm thinking Far Away and Side of a Bullet by Nickelback, and Kashmir by Led Zeppelin

of course she would just love those songs, but doesn't each one kind of have a theme inspired name to go along with her travels. (grins and winks)

Taylour
12th Mar 2007, 23:16
If anyone has ever seen the Fox show "Bones" I think Lara's music taste would be similar to the main characters. I could see Lara working out to rap music haha, not like bad rap music, but the good stuff (KRS productions and such). I could also see a little British pop, like Lily Allen and such.

I can't really think of three songs in particular.

Also, maybe some of The Prodigy I loved it when CD used "Spit Fire" in the first couple of trailers, I think it totally fit the whole Tomb Raider feeling.

fall out boy (this ain’t a scene,...) this ain’t a scene,...- strictly fun eye/ear candy.

Wow, you didn't get that stuck in my head or anything haha.

rabid metro
14th Mar 2007, 05:02
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
recognizes:

:)

adding an amendment:
---wait at least one day before adding upto 3 new suggestions.

and now adding a new tune:
Yes (90125) Owner of a Lonely Heart-- be yourself, free yourself, with every move you make ...

*obviously, to me, the thought of Lara and Yes seems compelling!* :D

there are so many voices in this forum ... and no music? :scratch:
waiting to hear from you ...

LisaB1962
14th Mar 2007, 15:23
Gotta agree with Kashmir. (My all time fave Zepplin song. :D )

Although perhaps a classic crooner would also be in order . . . say a little Sinatra? "My Way" is an obvious choice, but "Nice and Easy Does It" is a tune to add a little irony. :D

"It's the End of the World" by REM is another obvious choice, but hey---Lara always feels fine about that.

ditom
15th Mar 2007, 13:57
Nine Inch Nails (I don't remember name of song),Limp Bizkit-Hot Dog,Korn-Freak on a Leash,Linkin Park-Forgotten and One Step Closer,System of a Down-Hypnotize,Guano Apes-Snowboard,Red Hot Chilli peppers-Around The World and Fort Minor-Remember The Name and High Voltage.

rabid metro
15th Mar 2007, 19:07
Nine Inch Nails (I don't remember name of song),Limp Bizkit-Hot Dog,Korn-Freak on a Leash,Linkin Park-Forgotten and One Step Closer,System of a Down-Hypnotize,Guano Apes-Snowboard,Red Hot Chilli peppers-Around The World and Fort Minor-Remember The Name and High Voltage.
:) hopefully we can preserve the format for awhile :)

soooo ditom, the challenge is limiting your opinion of Lara's music to 3 tunes.
Also, please add comments as to why those tunes would be on Lara's player.

ditom
15th Mar 2007, 20:39
:) hopefully we can preserve the format for awhile :)

soooo ditom, the challenge is limiting your opinion of Lara's music to 3 tunes.
Also, please add comments as to why those tunes would be on Lara's player.
Sorry!!!:eek:
So:
1.Linkin Park-One Ctep Closer because it's very enegic
2.Korn-Freak On a Leash. I don't know why:D
3.The Grites-Ohh Ahh .I like this song and Lara should also like it :)

ladylinnycroft
15th Mar 2007, 20:57
my hubby is a mashup/producer

here is a link to his site.....he has mashed the TR 1 main theme with something very unexpected...at present he is working on a TR dance mix
he makes nothing from any mashes he does he just loves doing it....he extended the bike chase from legend too because i begged him to!

see what you think

it's called mama in the tomb......something different i feel...it's near the bottom

http://www.bobbymartini.co.uk/mashups2/index.html

gaetano
17th Mar 2007, 20:34
Hmm, how about Atlantean's Scion? Listened it about 20 times this morning. Most TR tunes I like excepted one for sure: the cithar in the subterranean crawling maze.

RuumTaedor
25th Mar 2007, 23:42
If I may change the meaning slightly, I have a couple of songs that would not necessarily be on Lara's MP3 player, but would have meaning for Lara nonetheless.

One song is "Born to be Alive" (I don't remember the artist). This could be Lara's "alternate" theme.

Another song is "Careless Whisper" by George Michael. Back when Lara was still at a tender age, Lara had a relationship similar to that mentioned in the song. However, in this case, Lara was enjoying discovering herself, and she hastily tossed away her companion on the dance floor without realizing the treasure she had. Before she could make amends, he was "taken away" from Lara, in mysterious circumstances, and no body was ever found. Lara waded in a sea of despair, and this in part drove Lara away from civilization. For this reason, Lara cannot listen to the song, as it reminds her of her lost treasure. Upon realizing the possibility that her mother might be in Avalon, Lara secretly hopes to find her true companion in Avalon.

I don't have a third song to suggest, but I'm sure my suggestion-turned-short-story makes up for it. :p

officerpuppy
26th Mar 2007, 00:01
Heart of glass by Blondie:lol:

rabid metro
26th Mar 2007, 05:58
... two is fine ... as long as they are accompanied by a great story like yours!

*ahem* officerpuppy, you owe us an explanation ... :whistle:

I know that there are many more tunes out there, so lets hear from you!

THE True Lara
26th Mar 2007, 09:32
1. Bach -Aria from the Goldberg Variations
2. Muse -Time is running out OR Hyper Music (can't decide as they both have their merits)
and 3. I'm gonna have to go with the Spitfire/Prodigy vote, as it really did hit the spot on the trailers ;)

officerpuppy
26th Mar 2007, 22:50
... two is fine ... as long as they are accompanied by a great story like yours!

*ahem* officerpuppy, you owe us an explanation ... :whistle:

I know that there are many more tunes out there, so lets hear from you!

Lara has always appeared to be single, completely driven by her career and ambitions, so I thought maybe some where along the way while growing up to the lady she is, maybe she had a love interests and had her heart broken.:scratch:

Coutou
30th Mar 2007, 06:28
Timbaland - Throw It On Me (Feat. The Hives)

If I think of Lara listening to anything when she's exploring, I imagine it to be this.

Headache
16th Apr 2007, 00:54
Only three songs?! Geez, I could list at least 100...

But I'll do my best:

One Girl Revolution by Superchick
Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin
Girl On Fire by Rob Zombie

(mostly all when she's in combat with those baddies, definately not sight-seeing music!)

But heck... I'll just throw in three more that'd be exploring quality:

Gregorian Chant by Enigma
Pax Deorum by Enya (a suspense theme, or while in a spooky tomb)
Starting Over by The Crystal Method (actually on the Cradle of Life soundtrack)

Tiara
16th Apr 2007, 06:30
I read somewhere that she loves U2 :)

Martin C
16th Apr 2007, 08:35
The Faint - Glass Danse

New Order - True Faith

The Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

I think that would be a good 3 track combo for Lara :D

Martin C x