PDA

View Full Version : the animals of tomb raider

doctor willard
9th Mar 2007, 19:13
since TRA is going to be having more animals in than ledgend, i thought one big suggestion is that the animals do more to get 2 eat you.

in lednged, on the gharna (soz bout spelling) you had to get the waterwheel working, by going over to an area filled with gates and water. there was a jaguar in the first section of this room, and if you didn't kill it, it would simply stay there. i made my way round to the other end lettin the water in, and the jaguar just dissapears...... i think the animals should at least swim or jump or climb to reach lara.

so i was thinking, maybe the bears could swim after lara on the surface, and the lepoards can jump over obsticles in their path, and let the dianosours do some more damaging moves too.

do you lot agree?

-willard

babywrath
9th Mar 2007, 19:22
Doc,
If I knew how to build something like TR.......and wasn't beaten down by the constant challenges:mad2: of making a "better " game......I believe anyone interested would make it as real as possible!:scratch:

Tomb_Gamer
11th Mar 2007, 22:54
I don't think it would like look right. A bear, wolf or jaguar swimming just to get their hands on lara. I agree about them jumping ledges and platforms as such. I doubt the bear would get very far unless it just ran at you. Maybe while laras in the water they should stalk on land keeping watch on her, waiting for her to resurface. Water enemies like crocs on the ther hand, making them really big as possible and lightning fast. Scary... lol. I can't wait to get stuck into the bear, it looks unnerving in the trailer. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

lara lady
12th Mar 2007, 00:02
i agree about that even know every time in tomb raider games every time that bears or something would come to get lara i would SCREAM:lmao: !!! it just scares me.But i like that idea.(tip don't be sitting next to me when a t-rex popps out:) )And if you think about it if you or i would jump out in that 1 spot where the jaguar is in gahna.Dont you think it would try to follow you??

Lara Lady:p

RaiderGirl#1
12th Mar 2007, 01:14
i agree about that even know every time in tomb raider games every time that bears or something would come to get lara i would SCREAM:lmao: !!! it just scares me.But i like that idea.(tip don't be sitting next to me when a t-rex popps out:) )And if you think about it if you or i would jump out in that 1 spot where the jaguar is in gahna.Dont you think it would try to follow you??

Lara Lady:p

Lol- I'm glad I'm not the only one that freaks out! :)
From the video it looks like the animals are pretty realistic. I'm one of those people that enjoys getting on a ledge and killing things from there- I am getting more brave though.

pinkangel07
12th Mar 2007, 03:02
so I am not alone...:D

I screamed so loud in TR1 in Colisseum when you reach the "Royalty" viewing area and a gorilla jumps out. And the music doesn't help... lol, like, when it builds up... YIPE!

I was playing the Jungle level from TR3 today and used to cheat for unlimited health packs and swam over the swamp to see if it worked. It did, so I went on my merry way (backwards). When I reached an area below, there was no tiger like there should be, so I swam to a closed door (I couldn't have opened it since I was going backwards) when I came up for air the tiger didn't even know I was there. I feel like in TR3, the animals had certain "radar" points, if you were out of radar they would act normal again. I could bring up several other examples, but I won't to save space. :)

sophie22
12th Mar 2007, 07:23
since TRA is going to be having more animals in than ledgend, i thought one big suggestion is that the animals do more to get 2 eat you.

in lednged, on the gharna (soz bout spelling) you had to get the waterwheel working, by going over to an area filled with gates and water. there was a jaguar in the first section of this room, and if you didn't kill it, it would simply stay there. i made my way round to the other end lettin the water in, and the jaguar just dissapears...... i think the animals should at least swim or jump or climb to reach lara.

so i was thinking, maybe the bears could swim after lara on the surface, and the lepoards can jump over obsticles in their path, and let the dianosours do some more damaging moves too.

do you lot agree?

-willard

awww wow! how cool would that be watching them swin after you! it would freak me out if they starting climbing after me, thats my safety thing lol

sophie22
12th Mar 2007, 07:26
I don't think it would like look right. A bear, wolf or jaguar swimming just to get their hands on lara. I agree about them jumping ledges and platforms as such. I doubt the bear would get very far unless it just ran at you. Maybe while laras in the water they should stalk on land keeping watch on her, waiting for her to resurface. Water enemies like crocs on the ther hand, making them really big as possible and lightning fast. Scary... lol. I can't wait to get stuck into the bear, it looks unnerving in the trailer. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

i think it would be good if they showed more intellegence, like if first the jaguars maybe circled the water dipping a paw in and jumping back, it would be funny to watch, the maybe spalshing in and looking daft, then following her

aussie500
12th Mar 2007, 07:55
l will be happy with them just attacking in packs thanks, basically all these suggestions might look nice, or cute or even stunning, but they are not really going to add that much extra and would be to hard to do. l am not playing it to look at the animals, l am going to kill them as quickly as possible :p

doctor willard
12th Mar 2007, 09:15
bears DO swim in real life you know. but i still dont get where the jaguar went on ledgend...:scratch:

pinkangel07
12th Mar 2007, 21:26
jaguars should be able to climb trees and jump onto rocks, bears and tigers swim, (but the tigers should be able to jump)

When I say swim, I don't mean submerged, I'm talking doggy-paddle.

were there sharks in TR1???

gaetano
18th Mar 2007, 01:50
Animals behavior in TR is generaly a little overdone. Unless you really invite them to engage they get lost when detecting human presence. Never heard of bats deliberatly attacking people (urban legend). I read that they will be more dangerous and threatening, the animals are also nimbler and the AI have been upgraded. In the second official trailer they look swift and agressive.Wolves attack in packs and raptors encircle you. Thus, prepare yourself to have it hard! I wonder what the rats will look like, I remind wondering why these strange pixelous beavers inhabited the colosseum. Damn did I hate when they furtively nibbled my legs while exploring!
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/gaetano_lara/nibbler.jpg:eek:

blajdzik
18th Mar 2007, 19:46
Bear
Bats
Panthers
Croc's
I wish in Anniversary would have been beetles like it was in Last Revelation... or mosquitos... ah....

RaiderGirl#1
18th Mar 2007, 21:24
One thing that somewhat bugged me in TRL, was where the animals were.
For example- in Bolivia there is a jaguar in the hall way with the squishing blocks. How did it get it's food? And it must have been pretty smart to not get squished.
Then later on there was a jaguar where the catapult was, for opening the big door thing. It was standing in ankle deep water. Where would it have gotten it's food? And not liking water?
Then there was another one in water too.

The wolves will make more sense in a pack- but I just hope that where the animals are positined in TRA will be more realistic.

pinkangel07
20th Mar 2007, 01:17
One thing that somewhat bugged me in TRL, was where the animals were.
For example- in Bolivia there is a jaguar in the hall way with the squishing blocks. How did it get it's food? And it must have been pretty smart to not get squished.
Then later on there was a jaguar where the catapult was, for opening the big door thing. It was standing in ankle deep water. Where would it have gotten it's food? And not liking water?
Then there was another one in water too.

The wolves will make more sense in a pack- but I just hope that where the animals are positined in TRA will be more realistic.

I thought the same thing... or the 2 snow leopards in Nepal in the monestary... didn't make a lot of sense...

deltaforce128
23rd Mar 2007, 23:59
Gosh, I hope there are no Merc's. I hate Merc's!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate the merc's of TRL. They were SO DUMB! I went thru the peru level on the hardest diificulty using only the grapple and the slide kick. It wasn't even funny! You know why? Because: 1) The merc's would hide behind each other and shoot straight which led to several merc's getting shot by each other.
2) Whenever I would throw a grenade, they would crowd around it. Not pick it up and throw it, they just crowded around. I killed five merc's with one grenade 3) They would stink at grenade throwing, especially in closer combat. A merc was less than seven feet away from me and instead of just coming up and meleeing me, he throws a grenade which bounced off the wall next to me (His aim sucks) and it rolled over to him. Guess what happened next (duh!) 4) Even on the hardest difficulty, when i used the grapple to pull people or the slide kick to send people in the air, they died. I just pulled a guy off of a barrel and he was dead O_o. When I used the slide kick on a merc he flew over a crate and died! Do the inanimate objects in legend kill people?
Oh, by the way, I never understood why no one found this. On the final level of TR legend, in Bolivia Redux, if you look at the crates, they clearly say Natla Industries! (Shock and Awe!)

Ultimate Tomb Raider
26th Mar 2007, 21:10
i cant wait to see the mummies a flesh eating creatures and the fire ball shooting horse thingy! i hate that!:eek: