PDA

View Full Version : Moves

RaiderGirl#1
8th Mar 2007, 00:17
I was wondering if anybody was thinking of any cool moves that they wish Lara could do. I love the swan dive, and I'm excited about the wall run for TRA(although some people believe it's not cool)
But I was wondering if anybody else thought that she could/should have more moves. And which ones?
I think that a sprint would be cool.

G4mefr3ak88
8th Mar 2007, 02:25
Yeah I agree with the wall run and the sprint. I think those are good moves. Can't really think of ones right now though...she already has a backflip....

RaiderGirl#1
8th Mar 2007, 02:57
I'm glad that in TRA that she will be able to crouch and shoot(I think)
I was wondering, does anyone think that she should walk with her guns by her sides instead of infront of her.

The backflip? How do you do that one? :scratch:
You don't mean the double flip?

rabid metro
8th Mar 2007, 04:50
I was wondering if anybody was thinking of any cool moves that they wish Lara could do...

well these aren't new moves but ...
i'm hoping that her (slo-mo) bullet-time move is still there.
i want to try that on rex and the raptors, etc. ...

similar thoughts for her *legendary* unbalancing-slide-move.
of course, i don't think that would work for certain "baddies" ... ;)

They say that tomb raiders enjoy having Lara put the moves on them.

munchkin
8th Mar 2007, 07:58
I'm glad that in TRA that she will be able to crouch and shoot(I think)
I was wondering, does anyone think that she should walk with her guns by her sides instead of infront of her.

The backflip? How do you do that one? :scratch:
You don't mean the double flip?

if you hold down the "combat ready" button (obviously differetn for each format) in TRL as if your about to enter shooting andback flip to your hearts content. you can also side flip :)

i'm hoping that the "stun enemies by jumping on their heads, then firing at them" mode is still available. although i'm not sure if that woudl work in the T-Rex :p

and am really really really really looking forward to wall running with Lara, just the sort of move to suit Laras temprement :)

not sure about anything else i'll have a think at uni and get back if i think of any more.

beccaxx

beccaxx

LisaB1962
8th Mar 2007, 16:19
Well, I really miss the reverse roll. I know it's gone, but it was the most useful thing. . . .

The wall run is cool, and I'm hoping Lara will run more quickly.

lara lady
8th Mar 2007, 19:05
yeah i watched the tralier 01 and 02 on you tube the wall run with the grapple looked WAY cool. If anyone can remember the game Angle Of Darkness the move i want would be the stealth mode and the fast run and walk so you wont walk of the edge.stealth is to be quiet incase any one for got.I think it would be awesome if the CORE desiners would combine all the tomb raider games moves together to be "Tomb Raider Lara Crof Mega Adventure" i thought about it i even got a name for it.^ I thought it was cool.

* Lara Lady :p

dark_angel@134
18th Mar 2007, 18:49
she should havethe sprint jump from AOD, the endless sprint, the mid-air turn, the swandive and sommersault she could do in 1-5.
also she should re-learn her underwater switch pulling routine, to the place feet on wall(on one side of the switch) and yank routine which is much more original.

please dont laugh, but i'd like the corner bug trick back.

oh, and i suppose i'm new, so could anyone tell me how i can customize my profile and add an avatar??? its just that im feeling kindaout of place without the location and fingy-avatar and banner. please help:(

dark_angel@134
18th Mar 2007, 18:50
yeah i watched the tralier 01 and 02 on you tube the wall run with the grapple looked WAY cool. If anyone can remember the game Angle Of Darkness the move i want would be the stealth mode and the fast run and walk so you wont walk of the edge.stealth is to be quiet incase any one for got.I think it would be awesome if the CORE desiners would combine all the tomb raider games moves together to be "Tomb Raider Lara Crof Mega Adventure" i thought about it i even got a name for it.^ I thought it was cool.

* Lara Lady :p

How about TOMBRAIDER:Legacies??

blajdzik
18th Mar 2007, 18:59
new move: of course - balancing on the rope like it was in chronicles!

Kali84
18th Mar 2007, 19:53
id love to see the reverse roll in TRA

LisaB1962
18th Mar 2007, 20:43
new move: of course - balancing on the rope like it was in chronicles!

Oh, I hated that. In real life she'd just drop down and shimmy across. I thought it was boring and time consuming.

gaetano
18th Mar 2007, 23:06
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/gaetano_lara/new_lara_moves.jpg
She could have rope ladder in backpak
In windy areas she could deploy deltawing
Sneaking could be just funny with dinosaurs :rolleyes:

blajdzik
19th Mar 2007, 12:26
gaetano:
great idea! :)

Raider0011
19th Mar 2007, 14:22
I would like the swimming controls from TR1-5. I really don't like the TR:Legend swimming controls, not very intuitive IMO.

I would like the sprint back. That was very useful (And would be particularly helpful with the T-Rex...lol)

As stupid as it sounds, I can't really think of any "new" moves at the moment. I'll post back if I think of anything...lol

Oh, and it should be on the XBox 360... ;)

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
19th Mar 2007, 16:27
she could fight with her enemies in the air! like the matrix!

1lovelamol
19th Mar 2007, 18:24
If anyones ever played the Prince of Persia games...I would LOVE for Lara to be able to move like that. The Prince could run on walls, jump between walls, jump off of walls....ya he was a wall kinda person. But surously, his moves are tiiiight.

This video shows them REALLY well (watch it through)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxIa_wa3UT0&mode=related&search=

P.S. (ANYONE who likes Tomb Raider would fall in love with Prince of Persia. Not only is the gameplay revolutionary and totally cool, but the story is heartwrenching if you play all three installments of the series. Here is a link for anyone interested:

There are three games:

Sands of Time (The beginning, the problem)
http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/sandsoftime/us/thesandsoftime/index.php

Warrior Within (The morbid, dark middle story, the quest)
http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/uk/ww/home.php

The Two Thrones (The ending, the solution)
http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/us/agegate.php?destURL=/us/index.php)

LisaB1962
19th Mar 2007, 20:23
POP has some of the best platforming of all time. The Sands of Time is probably the most charming game of all time. I think they dropped the ball on WW, and tried to get it back on TTT, being only partially successsful.

The the platforming rocks.

RaiderGirl#1
19th Mar 2007, 21:35
I heard some people complaining that the wall run is too much like the Prince of Persia game.
I would like to try that game.

1lovelamol
19th Mar 2007, 22:16
I agree with you, LisaB :) The SOT was really interesting to play, WW was a bit too gothy and gory, but I loved the double-prince in TTT, but this is not the right board for me to rattle on about how much I love the PoPs :lol:

Raider0011
20th Mar 2007, 02:36
I really enjoyed PoP SoT, but didn't like WW and TTT as much. Sands was a gorgeous game, and I really missed that in the sequels. They were much too dark... IMO...

As for working these controls and platform elements into TR, as much as I liked them in the PoP games, I don't personally think that they are a great fit for the TR franchise. TR is more an adventure game, whereas PoP is more a platforming / action game. I would prefer that TR remain more true to life, rather than have them add in impossible moves. That's just my opinion though.

NightRain'06
21st Mar 2007, 01:35
1. I would like a longer Sprint run option like in TRC or whichever it was. I hate having Lara jog around, you know ? (Or provide her with rollerblades ! J/K..! )

2. Rolling forward returned. I miss that !

3. Crouch and shoot. I miss this too !

That's about it, I guess. You know, same old stuff returned. :)

Hypothetically copied from POP games, if she can reverse time, that'd be a great addition ! :D :nut:

RaiderGirl#1
23rd Mar 2007, 00:04
There is another video on another thread. There is a bit of a spoiler. But it looks like Lara will have some sweet new assualt moves.

Treeble
23rd Mar 2007, 00:49
I wonder how that'll work, but I totally love it. :cool: :cool:

Headache
23rd Mar 2007, 01:44
But it looks like Lara will have some sweet new assualt moves.
Really. Not the same assualt moves as in Legend?
That should be interesting... More buttons to push ;)

Treeble
23rd Mar 2007, 01:49
Well, far as we know, not many human enemies in Anniversary and it would look somewhat silliy to see Lara jumping off a panther's head... ;) The blur looks much slicker (more like a focused view) than it did in Legend as well. :cool:

ChOnyD
23rd Mar 2007, 02:29
I think the kind of new moves that Lara should have are the ones that are in the trailer... That would be so KOOL if you could do a side jump of raptors while shooting. and if there is the slow-motion stuff that was in legend, she should land in a pose so it would look a lot KOOLER...im thinking a pose like the way she did in the first trailer! :nut: anyways a move that im really looking foward to is the wall run which is AWESOME! Too much like Prince of Persia??? TOmb RAider is the Princess Of Persia:)

rabid metro
23rd Mar 2007, 04:39
...TOmb RAider is the Princess Of Persia:)

hee hee .. true dat! just ask Karima ... :)

NightRain'06
25th Mar 2007, 04:53
If she can learn to shut off the comms sometimes so she can do her thing really alone like in the previous games, that'd be great !! :D ;)

In TRL, I wished she had that option during play because eventually I found Zip and Alister irritating a little bit.

rabid metro
25th Mar 2007, 05:12
... you don't have to listen.

ChOnyD
25th Mar 2007, 05:24
...but then you couldnt hear the awesome voice of tomb raider :(

rabid metro
25th Mar 2007, 06:04
...but then you couldnt hear the awesome voice of tomb raider :(
yes, i love Lara's voice (and pretty much in all of its incarnations) ...

why does Lara (mostly) prefer to talk Zip a/o Alistair, etc.? :cool:

wasn't the Amanda bit cool when she used the stolen headset???
they could have had more dialogue, IMO ...
... and i think that Zip is simply comical, almost always good for a laugh.
... and Winston was given real (in-game) dimension, finally.
i'm glad Lara has people like that around her.

*makes plans to cash in stocks so he can start developing a real Tomb Raider game called ... rabid meTRo* :)

RaiderGirl#1
25th Mar 2007, 11:49
Zip and Alister won't be in Anniversary though. I believe that's what I heard.

biggylew01
25th Mar 2007, 16:47
Have any of you seen her new moves they are brillliant

Ultimate Tomb Raider
25th Mar 2007, 20:54
i think she should be able to do a front flip...it always bugged me that she could only do a backflip.:rolleyes:

Treeble
25th Mar 2007, 21:01
She does in Legend. :) I wonder if the gymnastic lunacy will remain, I sure hope so! It's just wicked to cross the temples flipping cartwheels! :thumbsup: She was always meant to be better than any olympic athlete, after all. ;)