PDA

View Full Version : Does the new lara croft still jump like a baboon

catlara
7th Mar 2007, 19:58
Sorry if i'm annoying tombraider fans but i was very disapointed in the new tomb raider "legend" as i was a huge fan of all the other ones i was sooo looking forward to the new one and everything about it was different i found it quite difficult to move around with the controls,and wondered if anyone has heard if she jumps like an ungainly baboon in the new anniversary one.

rabid metro
8th Mar 2007, 04:38
... i was very disapointed in the new tomb raider "legend" ... and wondered if anyone has heard if she jumps like an ungainly baboon in the new anniversary one.

please don't be annoyed with my response.

from time to time someone will post here about how the old controls were better ...
i used to smugly enjoy the fact that i got the controls in previous TR's.
those controls were demanding and precise (although lara was a little stiff).
my circle of TR buds slowly came to hate the "clumsy" and "awkward" controls.
i told myself that they didn't get it.

in reality, what they didn't get was their own copies of the old games.
in general, i think the old controls were part of the reason for the demise of the series.
granted there were other reasons also ...

my point is this, with legend the buds are back (everybody has their own copy!)
on HDTV, lara is amazing! things can get out of hand ... :whistle:
on this point i defer to the wisdom of my buds:
the Legend controls are better to them *and for the success of the series*!
the tremendous popularity of Legend tends to support that view ...
it is kinda like they don't notice the controls or want to notice them.
given that i would say that "transparent" controls (and a fluid lara) are better.

half of my circle are praying that a true motion-sensitive wii-port is in the works!
those controls would be mind-blowing ...

btw, 10ann lara will be even more of a "baboon" given that she'll use the legend engine,
with added moves like vertical pole jumping and wall running ...
all she needs now is a few rings ... :) :rolleyes:

resistance is futile ...

paranoid_angel
8th Mar 2007, 15:37
i absolutely love the new controls!

Miss. Croft
24th Mar 2007, 14:06
HEHE i totally agree with you! i am a really big fan and i did too find it very diferent to the lara im used to! yeah i think she did jump like a baboon and dont you think there wasnt enough puzzles and traps AND COLOUR! it was all silver and grey but it seems that laras the only one thats in colour! lol

:) please reply:)

kat6234
24th Mar 2007, 14:13
in AOD her jump wasn't realistic it was a way bigger jump than what shw would be able to do in real life. There wasn't enough traps since miss. crofts been saying that there was alot more traps in TR1 and the rest, i always love a challenge!! but she was in tombs, tombs r silver and gray so of course she was the only 1 in colour.

kat:)

Miss. Croft
25th Mar 2007, 00:14
in AOD her jump wasn't realistic it was a way bigger jump than what shw would be able to do in real life. There wasn't enough traps since miss. crofts been saying that there was alot more traps in TR1 and the rest, i always love a challenge!! but she was in tombs, tombs r silver and gray so of course she was the only 1 in colour.

kat:)

yes rocks are gray (im not colour blind), but thats not what im saying!!! i already posted this, but ill say it again, back in the PS1 TR games there were all the colours of the rainbow, and also the jump was unrealistic but thats what made it fun she used to jump way high in the air but still as i said thats what made it fun!:D

kat6234
25th Mar 2007, 03:16
good point and i no your not *colour blind*;)

kat!:)

rabid metro
25th Mar 2007, 08:27
... and dont you think there wasnt enough ... COLOUR! it was all silver and grey but it seems that laras the only one thats in colour!

miss. croft, i've provided links (below) to Legend video clips and Tomb Raider 1 FMV clips. :)
if you think this is fair, please use these as a reference for your comments.

Tomb Raider 1 FMV clips :thumbsup: (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/theatre/tr_fmv/tr_tr1fmv.html)
Try clip #3: END FMV

Tomb Raider Legend HD video clips :cool: (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies_02.html)
Try clip #1: Seeing Is Believing 16

:)
ohh, and one minor thing that's been bugging me miss. croft and kat6234.
could you guys confine your instant messaging to a single thread?
i'm not saying that you shouldn't post things wherever/whenever.
i'm suggesting that if your posts are going to reduce to the two of you instant messaging,
then you shouldn't do that everywhere. okay?
:)

aussie500
25th Mar 2007, 09:08
The new controls seemed great to me, there was not a lot of difference on the consoles, but the new mouse controlled camera on the PC was fantastic. As to jumping like a baboon, you should be careful what you say, if Lara jumped like a baboon anywhere it was in the classic games :p

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%201/Tomb1jump.jpg