PDA

View Full Version : ALL MAPS Shape of maps

Baldorog
19th Oct 2013, 13:25
I have played 6 hours so far and in last 3 hour session i saw that when people are playing with humans it's much easier to survive against vampires if you go camp in some corner of map. That makes huge advantage for humans because they don't need to look allover just in certain direction. And when you are playing as vampires it almost impossible to approach humans without losing some health even if all vampires attack same time.

My suggestion in this is change all square maps look like more circular so we can get rid of those nasty corners and humans needs to use more building etc. to get better covers. Especially if you fly with sentinel it almost impossible to kidnap some one if he stand corner of map.

Xaragoth
24th Oct 2013, 16:40
There is some very bad corners. The one map with the Volcano has one of those. It's near impossible to assault as a Vampire team. Wide open map view, climbing not possible without being Bola'd / Exploded.

Balantin
24th Oct 2013, 20:41
Maybe lowering the humans ammo reserves would force them to keep moving?

Xaragoth
25th Oct 2013, 07:26
Maybe lowering the humans ammo reserves would force them to keep moving?

I'd tend to say camping is fine, but some areas have too much open space with very little good approaches for the vampires. All the 'guns' are hitscan, which in the hands of the right people makes the things hit 100% with each arrow/bolt/grenade. IF you face people who are pretty damn good at shooters, you get torn to shreds. If the human are 4 of those, good luck getting close. Especially if they got the high ground.

Still, I feel it's more a problem of some of the Level Design then actually a problem with how hitscan and human gameplay is right now.

Though I personally dislike having to camp so much as a human. I'd rather have a bit more of a mobile death match as a Scout right now, to make much better use of the Hook and Camouflage to get about.

McFunkyJack
25th Oct 2013, 08:39
Still, I feel it's more a problem of some of the Level Design then actually a problem with how hitscan and human gameplay is right now.

I agree. This seems more to be a problem at some maps. Since you have to work as a group when you're human, camping is a valid option in my oppinion. Forcing the human players to keep moving would reduce the options...it also saves a bit of the vampire/human flair if you have to assault some human campers as vampires.

Balantin
25th Oct 2013, 10:21
I agree about the hitscan weapons, OK if the hunters weapon is hitscan (although i feel the spread of his bolts should be increased even more the longer he shoots), but the scouts shouldnt be, but if it has to be then maybe he should lose alot of accuracy while he is moving.