PDA

View Full Version : Playing Tomb Raider 1 Again...

Lara Croft Wanna Be
5th Mar 2007, 01:51
I recently bought tomb raider 1 for my playstation, I was not going to open it and collect it, but i couldnt resist, this game is harder than i remember lol (without cheating) it may be im just not use to controls (no analog stick sucks) so far im in the lost valley, lets just say the T-Rex doesnt scare my anymore he,he,he! Its a pain to kill with only pistols... i know theres a shotgun somewhere, maybe i need a walkthrough... I just can believe i had to clean the entire attic to find a PS1 memory card... the ps2 wont work grrr... Jeez i must have no life i mean who really cares lol...

Anyway to the point this game had given me some high hopes for anniversary and from what i have seen it will, at least, be as good IF NOT BETTER as the origional... and the graphics really arent as bad as i rememeber, sure the braid isn't there, but things bleed when you shoot em up!

I got last revelation too, need to finish that one, brother broke it about 4 years ago lol... ahh the memories

G4mefr3ak88
5th Mar 2007, 02:05
Jeez i must have no life i mean who really cares lol...

Anyway to the point this game had given me some high hopes for anniversary and from what i have seen it will, at least, be as good IF NOT BETTER as the origional... and the graphics really arent as bad as i rememeber, sure the braid isn't there, but things bleed when you shoot em up!

I got last revelation too, need to finish that one, brother broke it about 4 years ago lol... ahh the memories

=========================================================

You shouldn't think of yourself that way! We all love Tomb Raider, and people do care, :D . And yes, Anniversary will have better graphics and probably a little better storyline to it. But it would be nice to see some brutality, as in blood in Anniversary. Legend was just.....I don't know a little weak. And as for the broken disc....I know the feeling. I to have had my discs broken (or scratched to much, same thing...sorta). But yeah, the memories will always be there, ;) .

digifan
5th Mar 2007, 17:23
I've just replay the original TR game as well. The graphics maybe out dated but the fun factor is still there. I suppose we must wait and see what updates CD had done to this classic game within a few months. :whistle:

Tigerman68
5th Mar 2007, 18:01
i know theres a shotgun somewhere, maybe i need a walkthrough...

I'm going soley on memory here, so please, someone correct me if I'm wrong (it has been many years since I've played the original), but I believe the shotgun is laying near a skeleton just before you enter the T-Rex lair. I'm thinking you can see it standing on a ledge and looking down.

Now that I write this, I realize I couldn't be more general. :lmao: I mean, afterall, how many ledges are there? Haha! Anyways, if I'm right about this, the shotgun isn't too hard to spot. It seems I remember walking down a tunnel just before getting to the T-Rex lair, then approaching a ledge where there is a river down below and a skeleton across the way with the shotgun leaning on it.

Hope this helps!

sophie22
5th Mar 2007, 18:58
yeah thats my memory of where it is but i dont actually think it is. isnt it later on when you mess with those water cogs to bring up that seal gate and then you jump across the now accessable ledges and its by a skeleton there? i dont know why i thought it was there too but i think its just a big medipack or clips where that skelton you are t alking about is...am i right?

doctor willard
5th Mar 2007, 19:38
its not about how bad the graphics look! but whats inside the graphics! erm.....i think?:scratch:

Tigerman68
6th Mar 2007, 01:33
yeah thats my memory of where it is but i dont actually think it is. isnt it later on when you mess with those water cogs to bring up that seal gate and then you jump across the now accessable ledges and its by a skeleton there? i dont know why i thought it was there too but i think its just a big medipack or clips where that skelton you are t alking about is...am i right?

I do remember having the shot gun when I faced the T-Rex, so I'm thinking you get it right before you enter the lair. I'm 99% sure it is laying next to some bones, but I'm just not sure where. I could be wrong, but the more I talk about it the more I want to go play it again! :D Too bad there's that little thing called college that keeps taking up all my Tomb Raider time! :D

_mil
6th Mar 2007, 11:59
i dont think i have any of the original tomb raider games in a good enough condition to play..... the cases were horrid on the ps1 games :rolleyes:

i remember that it took me ages to finish tomb raider 1. much longer then 2.... but i remember they both scared me into recession and i would touch the game for a week!
having that factor would really help people into thinking that the game is longer then it actually is. having animals coming out of no where was scary as **** !

:lol:

the second bear on ... ahhh... the second level, when you run into that room, it doesn't appear until you are about midway through the room, and having that beast coming out of there was brutal to a mind of a 8 year old! GRRRRRR
the element of surprise in the classics was, well classic! hows about putting a few new critter-experience locations for us 'oldies' so we dont always predict whats gonna happen thats not.. well, in the story line.. :p

thats my 2 1/2 cents

Mad Axeman
7th Mar 2007, 16:02
I think sophie22 may be right, the shotgun is near the end of the level, where she says it is.
I seem to remember standing in a cave entrance with my little pistols for ages trying to hurt that T'rex!

LisaB1962
7th Mar 2007, 16:21
You can get the shotgun before you enter the valley. Lower yourself down from the platform where the gears are to the dry trench. It's by the skeleton.

Martin C
7th Mar 2007, 16:34
its not about how bad the graphics look! but whats inside the graphics! erm.....i think?:scratch:

Or a better way to put it, it's not the graphics that count but the gameplay and exploration. ;)

Martin C x

Mad Axeman
7th Mar 2007, 16:36
Where were you 10 years ago when I needed you Lisa B?

You can get the shotgun before you enter the valley. Lower yourself down from the platform where the gears are to the dry trench. It's by the skeleton.

babywrath
7th Mar 2007, 17:16
New here.....so immersed in TRL don't remember if I ever got to the T rex in TR 1....also if any one can help ........I try to put an image here...it keeps asking for a URL.....usually I just go to a folder and clik????and it doesn't have my signature in the preview???:confused:

Tigerman68
7th Mar 2007, 17:35
New here.....so immersed in TRL don't remember if I ever got to the T rex in TR 1....also if any one can help ........I try to put an image here...it keeps asking for a URL.....usually I just go to a folder and clik????and it doesn't have my signature in the preview???:confused:

Welcome to the club, babywrath! :) I had a similar problem, and what I discovered is that the software the powers the discussion board isn't compatible with just any image hosting business. I finally tried photobucket.com and was able to load my image in my signature through them. You can create a photobucket account for free. Once you load your picture on photobucket, it will give you a URL to access the picture with. Click on it and select "copy". Then go to your signature, click the "insert picture" icon, then past the url in the textbox. This should do it for ya! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy the forum. I'm pretty new too and am having a blast. There are a great bunch of "Crofties" you'll get to chat with! Good luck!

babywrath
7th Mar 2007, 17:43
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/5224/TKS Tiger....... will do....... "there is no try"

LisaB1962
7th Mar 2007, 23:29
Where were you 10 years ago when I needed you Lisa B?

Heh . . . cheating with the absolute best and most creative walkthrough on the web. Tomb Raiders Traveler's Guide (http://www.trinity.westhost.com/tomb/)