PDA

View Full Version : My complaint.

Trueform
4th Mar 2007, 23:17
I don't know how many has posted this or feels the same or disagrees.
But this game will probably suffer the same flaw as legend did.

No blood!
Why did they remove it?:( To let younger people play? Too hard to make?
Most games has some kind of squish when bullets hit. And when animals or other things fall into the water...so nice, it has been done before, so why not now?

G4mefr3ak88
5th Mar 2007, 01:51
From what I know, people were complaining that Lara had to much of a bloodthirst. Many critics also complained of Lara being to mean to animals, so Crystal Dynamics toned them down to make them more compatible with everyone. Now don't get me wrong, she did kill leopards in Legend. But go play it, every time she kills one she feels remorse. That to goes to the fact that people were complaining. I don't agree with it, it's just a game. But that's the way it goes sometimes, :( .

barabora
5th Mar 2007, 06:49
I don't know how many has posted this or feels the same or disagrees.But this game will probably suffer the same flaw as legend did.No blood!Why did they remove it?:( To let younger people play? Too hard to make?Most games has some kind of squish when bullets hit. And when animals or other things fall into the water...so nice, it has been done before, so why not now?

Your complain or arguings are... (1)Bloody (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1554865&postcount=154)? (2)Don't kill animals (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=73375)?
These are also very big hot issues but there was no any conclusion.
Sometime complain thread will be able to close in any forum.
But there is sometime funny happening to close anti-complain (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1615938&postcount=17)
(=this thread closing) thread also closing. hehe~ :nut:

http://www.donga.com/photo/news/200703/200703050015_0.jpg

This is fun sample statistic from Far Eastern country.
Subject is "Experience of Ltd to irrational claim (http://www.donga.com/photo/news/200703/200703050015.jpg) from customer"
(INFO: chamber of commerce and industry)

06.8%: very much:
15.0%: much
17.9%: hardly nothing
21.0%: nothing
39.3%: sometimes

aussie500
5th Mar 2007, 09:47
Because the games have always been made for teens, they want a teen rating, not M, so now the rating standards are stricter we get no blood. Legend is also rated 16+ now, they will not make a game that will get a higher rating

Trinity88
5th Mar 2007, 10:19
:D its not been disclosed as yet whether or not there will be blood, the developers at CD say that they are trying to stay as true to the original as possible. However when the first game was released there was no law about age restrictions on video games. The first game was quite bloody, but now the new laws have been enforced it makes it difficult for CD to make the game have the same kind of gore as in the original, without raising the age limit. The fact the game's age limit has been restricted to 16 instead of 12 is a good sign for me, but we will have to wait to find out!!!

barabora
5th Mar 2007, 13:49
:D its not been disclosed as yet whether or not there will be blood, the developers at CD say that they are trying to stay as true to the original as possible. However when the first game was released there was no law about age restrictions on video games. The first game was quite bloody, but now the new laws have been enforced it makes it difficult for CD to make the game have the same kind of gore as in the original, without raising the age limit. The fact the game's age limit has been restricted to 16 instead of 12 is a good sign for me, but we will have to wait to find out!!!

This topic also more and more going to go to "Blood YES/NO (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=67330)" like before.
It was very hot issue overthere. My opinion is simple. Don't asking too
much about impossibility. Rather asking something through "multiple-choice"
with barggining EIDOS. This is my arguing at that time (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1580102&postcount=30). e.g. Give-up bloody
but need more big-fire and big-boom in level. How about? Personally, I don't
care about this bloody effect rather give me more TNT~ over power of grenade. :nut:
Think!!! That's better... There is Big explosive, there is no need to show
effect of bloody and corpse in the game, isn't it? I need it. Or increasing
distructable objects with big boum by TNT... hehe~ :rasp:
This is alternatives for users.

....The first game was quite bloody, but now the new laws have been enforced it makes it difficult for CD to make the game have the same kind of gore as in the original, without raising the age limit....

Frankly, I don't think so. EIDOS surely will be able to insert this bloody effect
in TR in the future whethere that is EU policy or not. And I agree there was
really "Blood effect" on TR_01 1995-1996 when Lara head was attacked by
bat in cave. But this bloody effect was very crumzy... So we can also think
partly inserting this bloody effect on a certain object. e.g. Having this
bloody effect only "BAT" or "Wolf" in the gaem. etc.

ditom
5th Mar 2007, 14:15
I don't play TR for blood.

Mangar The Dark
5th Mar 2007, 14:53
Huh... I never even noticed if there was blood or not in the previous games. I guess seeing some red pixels on the screen when I attack something isn't really the reason I play TR. So if removing the blood helps them get a wider audience, I say why not?

dhama
5th Mar 2007, 15:55
If you want blood, go play Doom. :p

LisaB1962
5th Mar 2007, 16:01
Well, the graphics made the blood rather innocuous and almost comic in the PSX games. With PS2 graphics though, getting impaled on spikes will be much more graphic. I'm honestly not sure if I want to see Lara impaled on spikes in all the PS2's graphics glory, you know? I think it would distract from the actual game, and since we may actually be getting a real Tomb Raider game this time, I'd rather not be grossed out by having my fave heroine looking like something found in a room in Silent Hill.

Funny, I don't remember hearing any complaints about Lara killing anything until TR3, when she was blasting government installation employees (which did seem out of character IMO. I was grateful for the taser in the Louvre.)

Cherry Hardy
5th Mar 2007, 17:06
Because the games have always been made for teens, they want a teen rating, not M, so now the rating standards are stricter we get no blood. Legend is also rated 16+ now, they will not make a game that will get a higher rating

What no blood becuse of teens rating. Well if teens can't handle blood and animals killed in a game that is no real becuase no real animals was harmed in the making of the GAME them I think they should just trun this game into a Mature reteing. What about those Tomb Raider fans that now about the ealer versions of the game we love tombraider. If teens can't hanndle a little blood sheed and animals killed in a game I repet vedio game then I say leve them behind rated M for mature. I love Tomb Raider and we need a little blood shead and we should be able to kill animals in the game. It is not Like they are harming animals in real life thes animals are proble computer graphics anyway.

Cherry Hardy
5th Mar 2007, 17:13
Well, the graphics made the blood rather innocuous and almost comic in the PSX games. With PS2 graphics though, getting impaled on spikes will be much more graphic. I'm honestly not sure if I want to see Lara impaled on spikes in all the PS2's graphics glory, you know? I think it would distract from the actual game, and since we may actually be getting a real Tomb Raider game this time, I'd rather not be grossed out by having my fave heroine looking like something found in a room in Silent Hill.

Funny, I don't remember hearing any complaints about Lara killing anything until TR3, when she was blasting government installation employees (which did seem out of character IMO. I was grateful for the taser in the Louvre.)

sometime I get taired of a level in a game so I like to jump in a pit full of spikes an kill my fave hero Lara. If I am made and fustrated I it is nice sometimes to kill her although I don't usaly kill her. And besides if I fell into a spike pit I think that I would get impaled and have blood come out of me. It just a game have fun a little. Or maybe we should be able to turn blood sheed on and off so that way they can still reate the game T for teens.

doctor willard
5th Mar 2007, 17:14
yeh the blood made is realistic, but i suppose it was a bit 2 gory coz loads of it flew out if you had the AOD cheat disc lyk me.

Trueform
5th Mar 2007, 22:48
^ precisely. Blood adds to the realism.
I was going to write some more but it's late and I have to go to bed so I'm not too tired at work tomorrow....so I don't hunt down my workmates for blood :)

Mangar The Dark
6th Mar 2007, 17:10
If you want realism, playing TR might not be the best way to find it.