PDA

View Full Version : Pledges for CD to fix before the release.

Phlip
3rd Mar 2007, 09:07
I want everyone to make a few small pledges for CD so they can listen to us but they have to be small things to change that won't take the team any longer that a few hours, you must explain why you want that to be fixed/changed!

So for example you could say, I'd like for Lara to drop off ledges nicley because in the Legend demo when Lara falls off something she didn't go straight into the animation of falling like the final version, she kind of dropped off/ let go of a ledge incly and realisticly, so could you please fix that.

Now tell them what your pledges are to make the game a little better.

ggctuk
3rd Mar 2007, 09:57
Unfinished Business :whistle:

Phlip
3rd Mar 2007, 10:05
Explain WHY you want it!

Here's mine:

I'd like for Lara to drop off ledges nicley because in the Legend demo when Lara falls off something she didn't go straight into the animation of falling like the final version, she kind of dropped off/ let go of a ledge nicely and realisticly, so could you please fix that.

I'd also like it if you could make it so that Lara's hair:
Blows in the wind
When she's dead can it lie o the floor and not go straight through!
Float on the surface of water
Behave like TR2-5 when she is under water.
I'd like you to fix this because in TR2 Lara's hair did all of the above yes! TR2, so really sinse thuis is PS2, you have no excuse to not make it behave properly:p

Also I'd like it if you put holes in Lara's gloves because she had them in the original and for some reason she didn't have the holes in Legend:mad:

FallenxFromxLight
3rd Mar 2007, 14:28
A fix for Philip's constant complaining, since its two months till release the game's probably finished.

If we could find a fix for that...though..wow oh wow.

Phlip
3rd Mar 2007, 14:34
A fix for Philip's constant complaining, since its two months till release the game's probably finished.

If we could find a fix for that...though..wow oh wow.

if you delete your post. I'll delete my post asking you to delete your post because you are spamming!

munchkin
3rd Mar 2007, 14:43
If its as fun to control as Legend and combines the Legend and TR1 experiences which it looks like it is doing then i'm happy. Silly little niggles which might not even be in the final game are just not important.

imho.

beccaxx

G4mefr3ak88
3rd Mar 2007, 14:51
I agree with you on the hair phlip. It would be nice to get Anniversary as close to real as it could be. I especially like what you said about the hair in the water. I support that comment. And as for the ledges, I don't mind that much.

Phlip
3rd Mar 2007, 14:51
Silly little niggles which might not even be in the final game are just not important.

imho.

beccaxx

But imo (as you all should know about me:D) it's the little things that matter, and some of them wern't fixed for legend like the letting go and dropping off ledges. In the legend demo it had good animations and it was actually taken out of the game:confused:

LisaB1962
3rd Mar 2007, 17:58
I want Lara to automatically turn and face the nearest enemy when I tell her to draw pistols. Combat drove me bananas in Legend because it was too much like a first person shooter. I got so tired of having to turn Lara AND the camera.

Meh, I just got tired of all the repetitive combat in Legend period. But the mechanics made it ultra-frustrating.

Phlip
3rd Mar 2007, 20:44
This is something that really concerns me because lately I've been thinking about the saving and like sinse we're going to get a proper inventory like the classic, I'm really scared for example I might do lost valley and pick up 2 large medipacks and 1 small, then I'll save with that amount or with a key or something and then when I die, I don't want to just have like 2 small medipacks because that's not fair:(

I just think that when you start new game and finish that game and you know you finished lost valley with 2 large medipacks and 1 small and then when you go to level select, I want to have the same amount of medis that I finished the level with! I really hope you know what I mean.

Also, I don't like the fact that in legend you can't save like half way through a level, switch off, then come back later and play were you saved before and carry on basically EXACTLY were you left off.

I have a good suggestion for saving, OK, there is an option that says save and when you select it it says 'save rewards' and 'save game' and if you save game, then you can switch off the game and come back later to play again, so the checkpoints are only there so you don't have to keep saving all the time. Seriously, that is the only reason they should be there! so you don't have to keep saving all the time, and if you feel like a challenge and your form of a challenge is completing a whole level without dying (like me:D) then there should be an option to disable checkpoints so you can pick your weapons for the level and stand in a good position and save, and do the level without dying.

So does anyone agree with my points? also I'd really like to hear your views on what I've just said.

BTW, I made everything bold and some things in colour so that it'd look less boring and long to read:D

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
3rd Mar 2007, 20:51
Sort of! I mean, I don't know! Maybe... :scratch: !
The checkpoint is ok, cuz we don't need to save, it makes automatically!

Phlip
3rd Mar 2007, 20:57
but there should be an option to disable it if you want to do a whole level without dying and when you do the long memorycard save you can disable the checkpoints, you can do that if the normal checkpoints are to far apart wich they shouldn't be aswell as that.

It's just a suggestion.

G4mefr3ak88
3rd Mar 2007, 21:11
Once again Phlip, i agree with you. That's one point in which AOD is better Legend, when you save and go do something else and come back, you're right where you left off. That's a great thing to have and i totally back you up in that. Btw, you seem to know what you're doing. All of the posts i've seen by you have been good. Keep the ideas coming! :D :) ;)

Phlip
3rd Mar 2007, 21:18

I hope the save system is exactly the same as AOD but with checkpoints so you don't have to keep saving, sinse there are items and a deicent inventory, I think the save system will change.

G4mefr3ak88
3rd Mar 2007, 21:23
Yeah, i forgot about the checkpoints. Because in AOD if you die, you must load the saved game that you played from. Man was that annoying! I remember once I did an entire level...i think it was the one in the party place, (cant think of the name of place right now), then went on to die and had to do it again. That's a turnoff for games and makes people not want to play. So, checkpoints throughout the levels and the saving it and coming back to exactly where you were, sounds good. :thumbsup:

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
3rd Mar 2007, 23:02
Oh that! Well in that case it's cool! Going back on the game and change all the saves! Sucks...

shirl123
3rd Mar 2007, 23:22
hmmm...yes, I agree with you, Phlip. :)
we had a similar thread about it here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65115) with some interesting points from each side, you may want to read it.
I still think that if TRA will be more difficult then TRL (and it will, according to CD's promises), then having just the check points + special items not being saved will make some things more difficult in a bad way - just think about it this way: the gold award & the silver in the same room in Bolivia. if you die, for some reason, you have to do it all over again. and it's not like that you forgot to save for some reason, you're simply FORCED to save at a specific point, and you can't save anywhere else (...and it didn't even save the awards 'till I reached the next check point).

as a PC player, I would like to have both check points & saving-where-ever-I-want. this way, no-one will force me to save just on a few specific point and the game will automatically save itself in case I'll forget for some reason. :)

dhama
4th Mar 2007, 00:37
I want everyone to make a few small pledges for CD so they can listen to us but they have to be small things to change that won't take the team any longer that a few hours, you must explain why you want that to be fixed/changed!

So for example you could say, I'd like for Lara to drop off ledges nicley because in the Legend demo when Lara falls off something she didn't go straight into the animation of falling like the final version, she kind of dropped off/ let go of a ledge incly and realisticly, so could you please fix that.

Now tell them what your pledges are to make the game a little better.

What the hell are you talking about!!!, just let them get on with it, I'm confident it'll be just right, but if anyone isn't, go make your own game. :mad2: :rolleyes: Sheesh!!

pinkangel07
4th Mar 2007, 01:05
What the hell are you talking about!!!, just let them get on with it, I'm confident it'll be just right, but if anyone isn't, go make your own game. Sheesh!!

lmao:lol:

Uh, I just want no save crystals... and that's been confirmed. I don't really care what happens because I loved Legend, so I don't see the point in being incredibly nit-picky. Like, what Lara's hair does in the water, for example. Philp, maybe you should be a designer or something, you have an extreme eye for detail.

aussie500
4th Mar 2007, 02:13
l would like Crystal Dynamics to ensure that this time even if you have finished the game and completed everything you can still save the game at a particular check point, rather than constantly replaying the entire level just to get to one spot. It would also be nice to have custom names for the different saves, so if 2 or more people are playing we can tell which is which without remembering what percentage we were on. When going through the extra's menu and viewing all the goodies we have unlocked, l would like to return to the extra's menu l was looking at, rather than automatically going back to the main menu and having to go back to where l want to be. The game itself l am fine with, it would be nice if CD fixed some of small quirks in Legend like the holster problem, hair going through Lara rather than around from some angles and such but they are not that important, and are certainly not going to stop me enjoying the game :)

Uh, I just want no save crystals... and that's been confirmed.

Actually l noticed the mobile games have the save crystals at the checkpoint locations, l thought that was a nice touch

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%20Raider%20Legend/tr7screens858.jpg

Joshorty
4th Mar 2007, 06:59
I want the swan dive to be more "realistic" and graceful. A good example is simply taken from the origianl Tomb Raider swan dives. The one in Legend and the one I saw in the 2 Anniversary Trailers) are too sudden and unrealistic looking. Even AOD had a more graceful swan dive. We are already at current-gen of graphics - don't let an older game beat out to that!:D

Another thing is the GUN POSTURE - I'd love to have that tweaked. I mean, aiming at nothing in the air when there's no one tor nothing to aim at kinda bugs me. By the time she sees an enemy, that's when she'll point. Like the picture above (in this section of the forums). Have her arms raised up with her guns:)

And MAKE HER MORE flexible! All explained in good detail this thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=87910)!
We don't want to have to do something complicated - this can improve the gunplay as well for those new to Tomb Raider if that's the case.
Here's a good video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3kx1wbqEoE&eurl=) that'll show what I mean. Though diving and shooting at the same time in the original may have probably been found by a mistake, it can definently improve what Lara can do Or even shoot while holding onto a rope! If you set out the controls right for that kind of action, it'll easily workout! (of course, not too complicated..)

By all means, make the swan dive more graceful, have her more flexible and have her gun posture like the original

Say Philip are they really gonna read this?:confused:

Phlip
4th Mar 2007, 11:03
What the hell are you talking about!!!, just let them get on with it, I'm confident it'll be just right, but if anyone isn't, go make your own game. :mad2: :rolleyes: Sheesh!!

don't be so ----ing rude to me! :mad:

Say Philip are they really gonna read this thread?[/I]:confused:

they should anyway

munchkin
4th Mar 2007, 13:36
But imo (as you all should know about me:D) it's the little things that matter, and some of them wern't fixed for legend like the letting go and dropping off ledges. In the legend demo it had good animations and it was actually taken out of the game:confused:

And in the full context of my post philip i said

If its as fun to control as Legend and combines the Legend and TR1 experiences which it looks like it is doing then i'm happy. Silly little niggles which might not even be in the final game are just not important.

Sure if the controls are less fun than legend and if the gameplay is not as good as TR1 or legend then yes the niggles make some difference, like in AOD where the niggles outweighed the enjoyment for me.

but as i qualified that if it where as good control wise as Legend (console havn't played pc) and as good gameplay wise as both TR1 and legend then i'm not about to worry over what are afterall pretty picky niggles. :)

If in those same circumstances those niggles would hurt the game for you then i'm sorry for you and suggest you re-play the original TR1 it is full of little nigglesnot least of which was the clipping through corners walls, even platforms so one falls to a crunching death .... yet becasue the overall game was amazing, they remain to this day little niggles and not important :)

see what i'm getting at now? :)

beccaxx

owen10
4th Mar 2007, 13:50
^ I agree. I find it interesting how most people's demands for this game are largely cosmetic - how Lara's hair moves, how she falls from ledges, the swan dive of all things. Personally, I'm more concerned about the experience.

The original Lara had a Toblerone box for a chest, ran like she was stuck in treacle and handled like the back-end of a bus. But the gameplay experience, the sense of adventure, was such a tangible asset that superficial failings were largely irrelevant. Combat was a non-entity, a simple diversion to alleviate the potentially tedious environment scaling. I think the game will be fantastic, as Crystal Dynamics have already commented that they are increasing the scale of environments to accomodate the more fluid control scheme - THAT is the sign of a competent remake, and proof that we have little to worry about.

sophie22
4th Mar 2007, 14:08
id like the swimming to be like the old tomb raiders, it was too hard to control on legends, ive never been so rustrated in my life - but i was playing it on the 360 and not on my ps2 so it may have been different for the ps2 players, if not please make it like it was
a bit longer but please add an outside to the mansion, it makes it so much more fun, and lots of nooks and crannys and secret places, for onvious reasons, thanks

dhama
4th Mar 2007, 17:09
don't be so ----ing rude to me! :mad:

Hey! just because my reply doesn't agree with you, I can't see why you need to use such language. Grow up why don't you. :rolleyes:

Joshorty
4th Mar 2007, 17:32
^ I agree. I find it interesting how most people's demands for this game are largely cosmetic - how Lara's hair moves, how she falls from ledges, the swan dive of all things. Personally, I'm more concerned about the experience.
Hey I care about the experience, too. I'm already happy to hear there won't be constant music, But from what I remembered "10 years ago", somethings were still better then from what I saw on the trailer (little things that matter big to the people who thrived through the 10 years with Lara. What's better or worse for some people, Lara has moved on with Crystal Dynamics and became a whole different LAra. so might as well give out what we can say). OF COURSE, I don't mean to be too judge-mental nor do I feel I should be too demanding but I just feel with these fixed, it'll improve the gameplay a bit. It's onyl because the swan dive was sooo memorial from TR1, I'm just hoping they'd fix up the dive animation:D And gun posture, too. About the face and stuff and the hair I don't mind but to be more realistic - the more the merrier right? I don't mind if they do or not:D

Though what I'm upset is that there's no FMVs:(...still getting the game however of course.

Phlip
4th Mar 2007, 17:36
Hey! just because my reply doesn't agree with you, I can't see why you need to use such language. Grow up why don't you. :rolleyes:

sorry about my language but don't tell me to grow up!

Anyway, some people have said things about getting the crouch with guns back, I think that's likely to happen because in a early Legend trailer, I saw Lara doing this:

http://i7.tinypic.com/2elzeh2.jpg

dhama
4th Mar 2007, 21:13
sorry about my language but don't tell me to grow up!

Ok, since you apologised about the bad language, I take back the bit about growing up. :)

Jontif
4th Mar 2007, 21:25
Back to topic, I'd like to ask CD for two things...

a) Unfinished Business

b) Thoroughly bug test before release.... there's nothing worse then getting a game and having it ruined by poor execution and pitiful bug-testing.. I recently bought a copy of Lego Starwars on DS that was so bug ridden I had to sell it on... very dissappointed... I'd hate the same to happen to TRA

Phlip
4th Mar 2007, 21:28
Ok, since you apologised about the bad language, I take back the bit about growing up. :)

ok:) lets forget all this:thumbsup:

pinkangel07
5th Mar 2007, 03:15
aww, hugs for everyone!! lol:D

I guess I was being a bit too picky with the whole save crystal sha-bang. It actually wouldn't bother me, because they have checkpoints. If I desperately need one, hopefully there will be a cheat code. BUT, I will actually try to play through once without using them. I think it will make the game more enjoyable. I've become a cheat-code addict! AH! lol