PDA

View Full Version : A Little Cold?

Taylour
1st Mar 2007, 00:30
Hello All!

Like everyone else I have been watching the TRA Trailers. In trailer #2 I noticed that Lara wasn't wearing the poncho she had on in the first game, I know it sounds odd, but this sort of bothers me. She lost the poncho while falling to fight the wolves, but now she doesn't have one at all. Did she not look at where she was going exploring, it looks sort of stupid if she's wearing a pair of little shorts and a tank top in freezing temperatures. Just wondering what you all thought, or if the poncho would make its return.

-Taylour :D

pinkangel07
1st Mar 2007, 03:02
Well, a lot of people complained that Lara's classic outfit was not a main outfit (for a long time, at least) during Legend. The first Tomb Raider, I believe she wore that one outfit the whole time. But we do know that there are unlockable outfits, even though I would rather play in a winter outfit than the classic one in the Himalayas (is that where she is?)... but that's just me.

Taylour
1st Mar 2007, 03:11
Hm, I really enjoyed Lara's Legend outfit, honestly I thought it was most 'senseable' for tomb raiding haha. I do love her classic outfit, but I would rather play in something built for the cold. I'm a clothing designer student, so sue me if I need the right clothes of Lara haha :D

RaiderGirl#1
1st Mar 2007, 03:12
I have also heard a lot of people wanted her classic the whole way in TRA just like in TR. I think the pancho would look nice. CD may put the poncho in later. I think it would be nice if they did.

ChOnyD
1st Mar 2007, 05:23
I think that maybe she loses her pancho before.... After all we only saw the trailer and the scene we saw might have been after some gameplay. I looked at the trailer and noticed that there were ledges that you have to climb to get to the button that opens the door to the caves. Maybe at the very begining of the level you do something that makes lara leave behind her pancho. (Just something to think about....) :scratch:

_mil
1st Mar 2007, 09:01
i totally agree, where is the poncho; that is the one thing that i noticed that was out of place in the video, even when i just watched it once. also the noticed that they severally slaughtered the original script and as i said in a previous thread, NO ONE TALKS LIKE THAT!
but also; on-top of all that..... it looks so bad when lara kills that wolf thats on top of her.... i mean, come on! you guys can seriously do so much better, did you get a noob or a intern to do it.

anyhoo, the poncho was never forgotten...
observe... thank you Poly :D ... if thats what the sig is on the corner...

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8381/06jm3.jpg

Taylour
1st Mar 2007, 23:27
I think that maybe she loses her pancho before.... After all we only saw the trailer and the scene we saw might have been after some gameplay. I looked at the trailer and noticed that there were ledges that you have to climb to get to the button that opens the door to the caves. Maybe at the very begining of the level you do something that makes lara leave behind her pancho. (Just something to think about....)

Hm, yeah that sounds good. I just keep thinking about how I (or any other human) would be dying of cold in those mountains :)

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8381/06jm3.jpg

I hope it turns out like that, but then again there was concept art for a rainforest level in TRL too. God, I'm jsut fuming cause I want that Rain Forest level! haha :)

Sophia Leigh
2nd Mar 2007, 01:26
I was thinking this myself yesterday when I watched the trailer again. Where is the poncho **** !? I liked the opening FMV in TR1 when she jumps down flining the poncho off shooting off those viscious wolves. They should have her dressed for the snow, she can revert to classic Lara once she's inside! :cool:

ditom
2nd Mar 2007, 13:46
Maby she will wear this poncho while playing game.
Wearing shot pants and T-shirt in temperature under 0 is stupid idea.
LARA YOU CAN GET COLD ! ! !