PDA

View Full Version : To Many Tailers?

Taylour
28th Feb 2007, 00:36
Hello beautiful people!

Anyway this is sort of about TRL and how I think Eidos and CD made the mistake to release so many trailers about TRL. I loved that I got to see a new thing about the game almost every other day it seemed, but now that I think about it when I actually got TRL I had already seen most of the cut scenes in the game and that totally ruined most of the story. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way, and I'm sort of hoping they only release another two or so trailers for TRA.

Thanks for listening :D

EDIT: I DIDN'T SPELL TRAILERS RIGHT, PLEASE KILL ME NOW >.>

LisaB1962
28th Feb 2007, 01:14
I don't think the trailers spilled any plot secrets for me in Legend, and since we already know the story of Anniversary, I don't anticipate spoilers there either.

pinkangel07
28th Feb 2007, 01:22
i dont mind trailers too much, I think they are great to watch and promore the game. For Legend, I only saw a couple, but I agree that there were a lot. I think CD and Eidos aren't going to release so many this time around, and even if they do, it's not like we don't know what happening :)

Taylour
28th Feb 2007, 01:36
True, unless in the end Natla says: "Um, actually it is early enough for an abortion, what do you know?"

BUT, what I was thinking was that I knew what the conversation between Lara and Takamoto and such. I didn't think that while watching the trailers but it was sort of dissapointing as I played the games :(

_mil
28th Feb 2007, 02:09
i realized early on in the promotion for TRL that, yeah there were a substantial amount of trailers/teaser which basically told the story, and well, showed you how to do the level. before i even bought legend i knew how to do the first level... even though it was a sinch anyhoo.

...and since we already know the story of Anniversary, I don't anticipate spoilers there either.

I agree, but i would love to be utterly blown away in surprise at many things... thats why i guess they are putting off us seeing the T-Rex.. well, we know its there, but just itching to know wants me to get it quicker, and thats almost a good publicity movement for Eidos, craving to see whats been made.
I sorta glad that they didnt reveal natla on the site update. but they did reveal her voice, and sorry to say i dont like it, and the way that they talk... its really obviously script based, unlike really the original... NO ONE TALKS THE WAY CD HAVE MADE IT!

Phlip
28th Feb 2007, 08:56
Hello beautiful people!

Anyway this is sort of about TRL and how I think Eidos and CD made the mistake to release so many trailers about TRL. I loved that I got to see a new thing about the game almost every other day it seemed, but now that I think about it when I actually got TRL I had already seen most of the cut scenes in the game and that totally ruined most of the story. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way, and I'm sort of hoping they only release another two or so trailers for TRA.

Thanks for listening :D

if you don't want to see any new stuff about tha game, then simply DON'T WATCH THEM!!

If you want to spoil it for your self or if you just want to get a taste of the game wich getting tastes is what trailers are all about then watch it!

NO/ONE IS FORCING YOU TO WATCH THESE TRAILERS! so it's up to you weather you want to see them or not!

And I doubt very strongly that Legend was ruined because of all the trailers, there were loads of cutscenes!

And don't give CD ideas as to not give us any more trailers

Don't give CD any ideas as to not give us anymore trailers!, as I said, no/one os actually forcing you to watch them.

-DC-
28th Feb 2007, 11:06
Dude...............You seriously need to lighten up a bit :rolleyes:

As far as too much revealed I'd say it will still be a surprise for me and I'm really excited about this game :thumbsup:

chip5541
28th Feb 2007, 11:36
wow. I think someone needs to lighten up on the caffine. ;)

Seriously though. Be nice and think about what you are going to say before you say it. You could word it a little differently and still get your point across without have to appear rude.

Phlip
28th Feb 2007, 12:46
wow. I think someone needs to lighten up on the caffine. ;)

Seriously though. Be nice and think about what you are going to say before you say it. You could word it a little differently and still get your point across without have to appear rude.

people just keep saying things like it won't be a surprise and they don't under stand that no/one is forcing them to watch them, sorry if I was bieng rude but I wated people to read this!

Taylour
28th Feb 2007, 22:56
people just keep saying things like it won't be a surprise and they don't under stand that no/one is forcing them to watch them, sorry if I was bieng rude but I wated people to read this!
Today 06:36 AM

I know no one was forcing me to watch them, I thought when I was that I was only watching a FEW of the cut scenes from the game. When I finally plyaed I found out a saw most of them. I'm not saying TRL was ruined by the trailers, I still replay the game all the time. :)

Jontif
28th Feb 2007, 23:10
I agree in the fact that sometimes you want a surprise and dont want to see evey area or even look or feel of an area. I dont mind so much that they released a lot of screenshots and trailers from Anniversary as they all feature the Lost Valley level. I have seen a trailer introducing a couple of other glimpses but would prefer that they stick to showing us one level. The other levels therefore will be a surprise and will be like seeing the game again for the first time. I think the nice thing about playing TR1 first time round is that I had read no reviews... seen no screenshots.... therefore there was a sense of wonder and excitement at each corner rather than thinking "is this the bit where I'll see that raptor I saw in the preview pics..."