PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Mansion

pinkangel07
27th Feb 2007, 22:57
Any news on what it will be like? I googled it and came up with nothing. :(

I can't wait to see what it is like though!

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 23:14
We haven't been told anything yet, but I think it's going to be the Legend mansion with some new areas, we aren't quite sure yet where Anniversary will slide in the new chronology - or even if it will. That said, I still wouldn't discard the possibility of a mansion based on the original design. :)

Phlip
28th Feb 2007, 13:59
We haven't been told anything yet, but I think it's going to be the Legend mansion with some new areas.

It's a remake so ofcourse it's going to be the classic mansion!
It wouldn't be a remake if it wasn't there!

doctor willard
28th Feb 2007, 14:11
the ledgend mansion was pretty cool. i allways prefered the classic one though. the ledgend one is too much like lara's mansion in the films. and in my opinion the one in the films wasn't that all great.

Treeble
28th Feb 2007, 15:22
It wouldn't be a remake if it wasn't there!

It's not a remake. It's a relecture.

Trinity88
28th Feb 2007, 16:19
Just wanted to let you know, that i bought this magazine today, and it says that Lara's mansion in Anniversary is, "The biggest, most detailed mansion yet".

thats all i know lol

ditom
28th Feb 2007, 17:12
I will be very :cool:

Jontif
28th Feb 2007, 23:15
The one thing that isnt clear to me is how much of this game is a remake and how much is new. My dream was always to play the original game with much better graphics although I am excited that there are new secret areas and enhanced puzzles but in my heart I hope that the game doesnt get too far removed from the original. After all it is a remake. Therefore my hope is that the mansion will be based on the original mansion ie layout and feel...I'd love a return to the gardens or maze outside and it would be great if you could open a secret that got you outside of her grand gates to wander further out and discover what lies beyond...although maybe thats one for another game ..

ggctuk
1st Mar 2007, 10:08
Isn't there already a thread about this somewhere?

ditom
1st Mar 2007, 13:37
Yes,there is one but I don't remember the name :D

LisaB1962
1st Mar 2007, 16:05
My dream was always to play the original game with much better graphics although I am excited that there are new secret areas and enhanced puzzles but in my heart I hope that the game doesnt get too far removed from the original. After all it is a remake.

We all had that dream. *sniff*

But the minute they used the Legend engine that dream died because the gameplay is so vastly different. After all, Lara's vertical jump alone from Legend makes the PSX levels impossible to play. She used to could jump almost five feet straight up, now it's almost painful to watch her jump up or over objects.

Advent-Lara
1st Mar 2007, 16:40
They would do a good job remaking the classic mansion , it will be great seeing it in good graphics after years of not seeing the mansion at all(what is it now that it wasnt in it? 6 ..7 years? i miss it!)

Raider0011
2nd Mar 2007, 00:58
First, this is not a remake, it is a reimagining of the fist game. Not everything needs to be identical to the first game.

Second, if everything were identical and this were a remake, the TR1 mansion had no outdoor environments and instead was made up of 5 rooms (If I recall correctly). I seem to be the only person that remembers the TR1 mansion... Given the choice, I would prefer the Legend Mansion to a remake of the TR1 mansion, in which everything would have to be kept identical... ;)

ggctuk
2nd Mar 2007, 15:13
TR1 Mansion with extras is my wish. TR1 MANSION WITH EXTRAS!

As well as Unfinished Business too.

sophie22
4th Mar 2007, 12:15
i think this is the best idea ever, im so excited! the concept art is simply awe inspiring!
the trailers are amazing and it looks like its going to be the best game ever!
my only concern is that i hope they dont do what they did in legends with the mansion and not let you go outside, would be good with secret areas too, like was it 3? where you could go up the fireplace and stuff, thats what made the game! the masion in legends was fantastic, i loved the size but as i say, with a size like that there should have been more hidden nooks and crannys and definately an outdoors, i mean when you came into where the fountain was and saw the gates i thought there might be a way of getting out but ive yet to find a way.
TR3 had the best mansion i think, go with that scheme but use the best bits from all the other TRs
i cant wait!