PDA

View Full Version : werner von croy

doctor willard
27th Feb 2007, 18:51
back in chronicles, revelation and AOD von croy was about. what i never understood was first, he was a wealthy bussiness man with his huge tower block, VCI then suddenly, he becomes this feeble old man in AOD who seems to have lost it all and was never mentioned again.

wat did you lot think of him?

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 23:07
He was an interesting addition to the fourth game, except that by adding him, Lara's background story ended being mixed up and later on his own story became a mess.

pinkangel07
28th Feb 2007, 01:35
kinda like adding Kurtis....

::shudders::

aussie500
28th Feb 2007, 03:53
Why would he need to be ever mentioned again anyway, he died in AOD. He was interesting but Core should never have changed Lara's motive for becoming a tomb raider. To say Werner inspired her to become an archaeologist completely made a mockery of the original reason given in the Tomb Raider 1 bio

Crista
28th Feb 2007, 09:38
Well I think that TRA should have been, about Lara go looking for her Mother :o . That was what I expected, but I didn`t say TRA isn`t a good game it looks like a awesome game. Can`t wait for it to come.

doctor willard
28th Feb 2007, 11:30
i agree, it looks realy cool. but did von croy make some sort of clone of himself in chronicles? when lara breaks into the VCI tower block, croy gets told, and we see him in a electric wheel chair :rolleyes: but next 2 him is sum guy who looks exactly the same but in a black suit and is able to walk. maybe a twin brother?

Crista
1st Mar 2007, 08:42
Tell me in witch level is this Happening in TR3 :scratch: , couse I can go and look for it tonight. I do have the game so. But did Von Croy Play in TR3, I only know about TR4 :) .

jason
1st Mar 2007, 09:49
well personally i dont remember von croy interfiering in lara's life untill number 4

aussie500
1st Mar 2007, 10:37
Chronicles was actually Tomb Raider 5 Crista. Not quite sure what doctor willard is talking about though, it has been a while since l played Chronicles on the PS1, but l do not recall the man standing next to Werner looking exactly the same as him

Crista
1st Mar 2007, 12:55
I am with u I only saw Von Croy in TR4 & I do have the game TR5 Chronicles.
I just never got to stage 2 yet I am still Struggling :confused: .

So witch TR games do u have Aussie500?

Crista

Mangar The Dark
1st Mar 2007, 14:04
Chronicles really made a mess of things in terms of story.
First of all, there's the Larson & Pierre thing. Did they die? Didn't they die? Weren't they dead already? Who knows....

Then there's Von Croy. Presumably the VCI episode takes place before Last Revelation, but then why does Werner look so much older and weaker?

And why is Lara justified in breaking into Werner's office, murdering his employees and stealing from him? Sure, she wanted the Iris, but it wasn't hers. Werner's the one who lost the use of his leg to get it, so let the poor guy keep it. He earned it. Stealing from a crippled man is pretty despicable, Lara.

Crista
1st Mar 2007, 14:27
U know what I do think he is a real pain in the ass, becouse he left Lara all alone in the desert:mad2: .

So how would you feel left alone in a desert with all dangerous creators.

I didn`t like Von Croy in TR4 so.

Crista

LisaB1962
1st Mar 2007, 15:59
Chronicles really made a mess of things in terms of story.

So . . . TR Chronicles is like the Dragonball Z movies? Their motto would be "Continuity? We don't need no stinking continuity!"

I actually only played Chronicles once, and I guess I don't remember too many specifics about Werner's story or condition.

doctor willard
1st Mar 2007, 16:29
first of which is, the man standing next to werner is apparently a clone i found out. werner created this clone to go do stuff for him since he was un-able to walk coz of his little accident in TR4. but werner healed and we didn't see the clone again. also im confused about larson and pierre, since chronicles is set before TR1 and larson got bit by a dragon in rome and hurled into a wall...and pierre fell a great height, but somehow the lived...weird...

aussie500
2nd Mar 2007, 02:27
I am with u I only saw Von Croy in TR4 & I do have the game TR5 Chronicles.
I just never got to stage 2 yet I am still Struggling :confused: .

So witch TR games do u have Aussie500?

Crista

l have all the games, the first 5 for PS1 and PC plus the PC extra levels, AOD for PS2 and PC (although my PS2 version is useless) Legend for XBox, PC and XBox 360, although l do not actually own a 360 yet. l was playing it at a friends place but we are waiting now to play it on a HDTV hopefully on the weekend :D And l have already pre-ordered my PS2 version of Anniversary. l have only played Tomb Raider 2, 3, Legend, unfinished business and most of AOD and Tomb Raider 1 on the PC though, l am mainly a console player. l had them all installed on the PC last year but had to replace the motherboard, PSU and reformat several times, have not installed all my Tomb Raider games this time :(

DREWY
2nd Mar 2007, 05:16
first of which is, the man standing next to werner is apparently a clone i found out. werner created this clone to go do stuff for him since he was un-able to walk coz of his little accident in TR4. but werner healed and we didn't see the clone again. also im confused about larson and pierre, since chronicles is set before TR1 and larson got bit by a dragon in rome and hurled into a wall...and pierre fell a great height, but somehow the lived...weird...

The way I understood it was the younger man in the wheelchair is Werner, and the older man is his father. Hence the line at the end, "Ah, your past once more comes back to haunt you, Werner, foolish boy"
Who else would talk to Wener this way?