PDA

View Full Version : slightly confused...

doctor willard
27th Feb 2007, 18:23
there are two main things im confused about...

1. back in tomb raider 4 and 5, lara didn't have those straps around her legs, holding the holsters in place...why is this?

2. is the new game the best bits of the older tomb raider games, or just a re make of TR1?

3. im scared this will be a bad re make...:( especially is prince of persia moves are combined with it...:(

shirl123
27th Feb 2007, 18:29
1. I remember she had? I'm probably wrong, haven't played both for ages. :scratch:
2. it's based on classic moments of TR1. I wouldn't call it a re-make because it's *very* diffrent from the original ;) no, it isn't a bad thing.
3. and if it will, I'm sure it wouldn't kill the series like AOD did (no offence, AOD fans). :p
and besides, I consider this as "TR8 Alpha/TR7 gold" - our comments for TRA = another step in the way of making TR8 perfect.

doctor willard
27th Feb 2007, 18:37
well no matter, ill still be loyal to tomb raider no matter what ;)

mrcube
27th Feb 2007, 19:16
2. it's based on classic moments of TR1. I wouldn't call it a re-make because it's *very* diffrent from the original ;) no, it isn't a bad thing.

Actually, I think it's more a true remake than based on it, look at the comparison thread over at tombraiderforums.com, and you'll see what I mean, alot of stuff seems to be remade versions of TR1, pretty close to what they were back then. This isn't bad either, it looks damn good! :D

shirl123
27th Feb 2007, 19:45
Actually, I think it's more a true remake than based on it, look at the comparison thread over at tombraiderforums.com, and you'll see what I mean, alot of stuff seems to be remade versions of TR1, pretty close to what they were back then. This isn't bad either, it looks damn good! :D

you have a good point there, there ARE many things close to the original.
but, IMO, overall it still seems more diffrent then similar. lets leave the graphics for a moment, it still reminds me more of TRL then TR1, for example: take a look at the big machine, it screams TRL out! :p
so, IMO, it is based on TR1 (=not a true re-make), but it isn't entirely new either (..."based" fits here too?) it isn't a bad thing, I'm really glad that it's like that. :) I think that it's good for both TRA and TR1.

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 23:04
Indeed, for some odd reason Core forgot to include her holster thigh straps in TR4 and used the same model on TRC. They were there in the other games, though, and I think the snow camo and catsuit in TRC also featured them. Kinda hard to notice they're missing though.