PDA

View Full Version : Latest Trailer - Lara's new glasses

Advent-Lara
27th Feb 2007, 17:21
Lara and her sunglasses where in uh lets say tomb raider 1 to 5 lara's trademark and it was ok...In 6 a regular sunglasses was in its place...now laras eyes has gone weaker she needs a real glasses maybe?

if you saw the new trailer its a weird glasses and it looks like she really needs it for her eyes...

imported_Mark_
27th Feb 2007, 18:21
I personally would prefer her red, classic sunglasses instead of the transparent glasses shown in the latest trailer.

digifan
27th Feb 2007, 20:15
Nah. I think she would have the look that can really kill if she wear the shades from the Matrix or MIB movies. :p :whistle:

Phlip
27th Feb 2007, 21:28
Just incase anyone has forgotten what her glasses (that should really be red) look like:

http://i15.tinypic.com/2v1omjl.jpg

pinkangel07
27th Feb 2007, 22:21
when i saw the second trailer i was disappointed with them, and i never complain. (ok, hardly ever) they look like the glasses that go from clear (in shade) and when you walk out into the sun they turn into sunglasses. So since it's cloudy in the snow, they are stuck in the mid-point.

oh well, i don't think she wears them in-game:)

Taylour
27th Feb 2007, 22:30
I'm hoping they just forgot to add a colored texture to them, please, please, remember. Without the color their just old people's glasses!

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 22:58
I was actually surprised to see them back, and think they look really nice; don't really mind the color, but think it shouldn't have such transparency. Either way, I'm pretty sure it's there only so she can take them out as she crosses the Caves entrance and raise her eyebrow. :D

Lara Cruz
27th Feb 2007, 23:02
IMO, they look crap, she looks like harry potter or something :/
I`d love the good old red sun glasses though :thumbsup:

Mertz523
28th Feb 2007, 01:21
when i saw the second trailer i was disappointed with them, and i never complain. (ok, hardly ever) they look like the glasses that go from clear (in shade) and when you walk out into the sun they turn into sunglasses. So since it's cloudy in the snow, they are stuck in the mid-point.

oh well, i don't think she wears them in-game:)

Transition lenses are the best (I have those, hehe) but I do agree that for that little itty bitty cutscene those Harry Potter-esqe transparent "sunglasses" look weird.

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
28th Feb 2007, 14:36
She's definitly more cool with these new glasses! But I only hope this is a snow/cold area/low light effect, and that when on sun they get more apropriate!

StarChampagne
28th Feb 2007, 18:31
At the risk of sounding trivial, I would prefer them to be more sunglasses-esque, as in, redder or like the Matrix shades. Now that would be cool. Lara looks a bit professory, or maybe a bit like Harry Potter. No matter. Make a nice game! :D

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
28th Feb 2007, 20:21
My fav ones are those from Angel of Darkness and how wears them! Cool!

shirl123
28th Feb 2007, 21:10
I personally would prefer her red, classic sunglasses instead of the transparent glasses shown in the latest trailer.

I hate to say this- I really liked the red ones, I had something similar back then, but they are so...so 90's. :o
however, I agree that her new sunglasses should be darker. unless these AREN'T sun glasses *dum dum dum dummmmmmm!* :lmao:

Taylour
28th Feb 2007, 22:57
I hate to say this- I really liked the red ones, I had something similar back then, but they are so...so 90's.

Well I was thinking that the red sunglasses to look a little dated, but I don't think she would look right in her tan shorts and teal top with a pair of matrix style glasses.:D

jason
1st Mar 2007, 11:38
Well i just found a way to watch the trailers without them all jumpy so i am happy:D and they are more beautifull then i could of imagined that second trailer i did notice the glasses but i dont remember her having to wear glasses befor so maybe her eye sight is getting worse:lol:

Advent-Lara
1st Mar 2007, 16:35
It's just , she looks so normal with that glasses and wel it looks kinda like some stud you konw what i mean? I prefer teinted glasses...

shirl123
1st Mar 2007, 19:50
Well I was thinking that the red sunglasses to look a little dated, but I don't think she would look right in her tan shorts and teal top with a pair of matrix style glasses.:D

lol :D
you have a good point there, it shouldn't be/look very stylish. she's on an adventure(s), so she may need something that is comfortable. not too dark, not rounded (since it doesn't cover everything, from personal experience), not too big and/or too heavy... I guess her new glasses are just fine. :nut:

Raider0011
2nd Mar 2007, 01:02
Lara is probably wearing polarized glasses to cut down on glare, as she is in a snowy and very "White / bright" environment. This is pretty common for mountain climbers and those that would spend a good deal of time in snowy areas (Alaska, etc.). Polarized lenses are not necessarily tinted in any way, and if they are it's a faint tint. :)

Dutch_Croft
7th Mar 2007, 08:38
Hmm, Lara reminds me a bit of the Chronicles Lara like this. I like it! ;)

babywrath
7th Mar 2007, 16:03
I enjoy the way she glances around Legend quite realistically......and don't remember much in the way of glasses before Legend...it has blown me away:)

ditom
7th Mar 2007, 16:21
It's doesn't matter for me because during the game Lara doesn't wear glasses.

geokerkid
7th Mar 2007, 18:42
They coulda be one of these transitions glasses since I saw them change from transparent to dark after she got in the sun... maybe? It would make sense after all.

Personally, I prefer no glasses, since it makes her outfit look strange. :whistle:

kat6234
17th Mar 2007, 10:42
i prefer her with no glasses i reckon no glasses just makes her look better then with them.