PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider series, best to worst and...

Mertz523
25th Feb 2007, 20:14
I have tried searching for a thread that asks people's opinions of the entire series in regards to what year you discovered the series, which order you beat them in, and which is the best and worst. So, here it goes:

Year I discovered Tomb Raider: 1999, a friend wanted to show me the first level of Tomb Raider II

Order in which I beat the games:

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: Legend

And now, Best to Worst:

Tomb Raider II :eek:
Tomb Raider: Legend :cool:
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation :rolleyes:
Tomb Raider III :)
Tomb Raider (only because I started with the ones after that and it was kind of a step back for me. It is a truly amazing game, though) :o
Tomb Raider: Chronicles :(
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness :mad2: ****

SethKoopa
1st Mar 2007, 09:39
Year I discovered Tomb Raider: 1998, when I stumbled upon an ad for Tomb Raider III in the television digest. I got curious, eager to step up from my previously-primitive PC experience. Seeing how Tomb Raider 3 was heralded by reviewers, I asked for that for Christmas.

I believe this is the order in which I beat the games - but this is by no means foolproof! (I won't count the Gold games):

The Last Revelation (I remember because of the satisfaction of having finally completed a Tomb Raider game)
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 1
Tomb Raider Chronicles (ridiculously short and uninspired)
Tomb Raider 3 (the first I got was also the last that I finished - the 'scariest' game of the lot, if you ask me)

I couldn't rate them from best to worst as to my feelings about them, so I'll try to be objective:

The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider 1
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider Chronicles

shirl123
1st Mar 2007, 20:09
I discoverd TR in 1996, it was impossible to ignore all the excitement around TR1 ;) so...it got me interested. however, I got into the series only in 1997, shortly after TR2's release. played TR2 at my friend's place and "fell in love" with it. ...so I guess it's 1997 for me? :p

I'm not sure if this is the correct order in which I beat the games, but if my momery serves me right:

TR1, TR1 gold
TR3
TR2
TRC, TR2 gold
TRL, TR3 gold
(never botherd to finish TRLR and AOD, I "left" both of them in the middle and never got back).

from best to worst:
TR1 and TR2 I can't choose from both, they are just perfect :o
TR3
TRL
TRC
TRLR
TR:AOD