PDA

View Full Version : So how many rulers are there? 4/5?...

Phlip
25th Feb 2007, 17:27
... because on the original door leading into the caves has 5 symbols, and now one of them is missing in AE:confused:

I thought it was just Qualopec and Tihocan, so who's the 5th one?:confused:

Is it Khamoon?

Look at this image:

http://i19.tinypic.com/482121j.jpg

(the original is on the top and the new one is at the bottom;))

Treeble
25th Feb 2007, 17:33
Khamoon is a city.

The Scion was divided in three pieces.

Once piece was given to each ruler.

Tihocan, Qualopec, Natla.

Those symbols have nothing to do with the rulers.

Phlip
25th Feb 2007, 18:14
well you see three of them in Tomb of qualopec so those three have an actual use but the others don't.

So why are they there?

Treeble
25th Feb 2007, 18:33
Why are there hyeroglyphs in Egypt?

StarChampagne
25th Feb 2007, 19:24
Why is there this thread? :rolleyes:

Phlip
25th Feb 2007, 19:26
Oh for frig sakes!:mad2:

Can or can't you tell me what all those signs are and why one got taken away in AE?

Martin C
25th Feb 2007, 19:29
Philip a remake is NEVER going to be EXACTLY the same as the original. Does it really matter that they've missed out one symbol on a door when the visuals have been brought up to date anyways?

At the end of the day it's the gameplay you should be more concerned about, not the fact that X, Y or Z looks different to the original. You have to remember that this is 10 years on and a different team making this game. They are never going to get every last detail to match up to the original, and why would they want to?

I'm going to stop myself before I enter an extended rant :p

Martin C x

StarChampagne
25th Feb 2007, 19:31
Oh for frig sakes!:mad2:

Can or can't you tell me what all those signs are and why one got taken away in AE?

There was a spot of redecorating. :)

RuumTaedor
25th Feb 2007, 20:58
Why is there this thread? :rolleyes:

LOL it's a four-letter word that starts with "S". :eek:

Actually, I do find the references in Tomb Raider to ancient mythology etc very interesting. Tomb Raider is almost edutainment, in my opinion, in that along with a great time playing the game, one becomes interested in the artifacts one picks up which motivates one to learn more about the artifacts. That being said, if the first door was based on an actual ancient entrance, I would hope that the symbols in the game would be faithful to the original. However, if it is just a door that leads into the game, it doesn't matter what symbols or decorations adorn the entrance. I'm thinking the door simply leads into the game.

StarChampagne
25th Feb 2007, 21:13
LOL it's a four-letter word that starts with "S". :eek:

Actually, I do find the references in Tomb Raider to ancient mythology etc very interesting. Tomb Raider is almost edutainment, in my opinion, in that along with a great time playing the game, one becomes interested in the artifacts one picks up which motivates one to learn more about the artifacts. That being said, if the first door was based on an actual ancient entrance, I would hope that the symbols in the game would be faithful to the original. However, if it is just a door that leads into the game, it doesn't matter what symbols or decorations adorn the entrance. I'm thinking the door simply leads into the game.

Good points, and I think it is interesting how mythology and Tomb Raider mix. However, I too think this is just a door. Which was changed ever-so-slightly for the new version, but nothing seems to get past eagle-eyed Phlip. :rolleyes:

ditom
25th Feb 2007, 21:21
Is it so important.This game is remake not copy!

Phlip
25th Feb 2007, 21:24
shall I just delete my first post? coz then this thread won't exist anymore

RuumTaedor
25th Feb 2007, 21:35
shall I just delete my first post? coz then this thread won't exist anymore

Hmm, I know we can delete posts, but can we delete our threads? I'm not sure, but I don't think we can delete our threads. I'm afraid your thread will probably exist for all eternity.