PDA

View Full Version : Larson's back everyone!! do you like it?

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 20:40
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/23456/larson_scan.jpg

What do you all think? I don't actually like it, I wish they dressed him more like the way he was before.

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 20:42
What do you like? I haven't seen any positive post so far, I wonder why you still look forward to this game if you dislike it so much when it's not even finished yet! :rolleyes:

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 20:49
What do you like? I haven't seen any positive post so far, I wonder why you still look forward to this game if you dislike it so much when it's not even finished yet! :rolleyes:

I look at it like this, I'm always drawn back to playing legend because of the amazing graphics and gameplay, and even though it has no exploration or items to just plainly pick up eg a key and yet, I'm always playing it, sinse AE is going to have the beutiful graphics and gameplay and will have about 4 more levels, keys to pick up, a good mansionto play in and an proper inventory.

I'll really like this game.

Jeeze I sound like an old woman.:D

But these are my opinions anyway, not to say you can't express yours, I wish I did like the way Larson looks and the fact that Lara's guns wern't aligned with her holsters:p

StarChampagne
24th Feb 2007, 22:12
Larson always struck me as a clumsy but funny buffoon who Lara always seemed to get the better of (in TR and Chronicles). This guy looks like he means business.

rabid metro
24th Feb 2007, 22:24
yeah, larson is supposed to be a "dimwit".

from the posted picture, his belt buckle is hilarious ...
*the buckle is in the shape of the state of texas*
*unofficially, the motto of texas is "everything is bigger here"*

officerpuppy
24th Feb 2007, 23:00
I wonder when we will see the French guy, I remember him being a pain in the butt to defeat :lol:

aussie500
25th Feb 2007, 02:47
Larson looks fine to me, he does not have to look exactly the same as the original, these clothes look much better to me, hairs style even seems to suit his character

ElizabethSwann
25th Feb 2007, 08:50
I like this new Larson better. The other was funnier, but this one looks more decisive and ready to do some serious business (although, in fact, you can't tell for sure judging from one picture, we will have to see his attitude in-game). I prefer him this way, I think he will match this new view of the classic TR much more.

I wonder when we will see the French guy

Me too, I am curious to see how he will look and what changes will be made to his character as well.

Phlip
25th Feb 2007, 10:20
the cloths look a bit boring and hid hair loks like a plaster bowel, that's been painted yellow:D, he had a fringe before.

shirl123
25th Feb 2007, 12:55
the cloths look a bit boring

IMO, now he actually has a style. ;)

there's something wrong with the hair, I'm not sure what exactly, but overall he looks great.
once again, superb, CD! :D

Alexlovesguns
25th Feb 2007, 18:22
Model looks ok and his face looks pretty good.
Dont like the clothing and hair, a hat wouldnt look out of place... maybe loose the backpack?

StarChampagne
25th Feb 2007, 19:30

Wonder if that was intentional? :lol:

And I also wonder if he'll have the same accent. That was cool.

Thank you Phlip for posting a picture of Larson, because I hadn't seen him before. :) Even if you didn't have anything nice to say :p

pinkangel07
25th Feb 2007, 20:30
if you want every single little detail to be the exact same, then just play the original game. it doesnt make any sense to have everything the same. they are re-vamping the game to make it look&feel better, and they are doing a great job. Would you rather have everything EXACTLY the same, just in better graphics? talk about boring. They might as well have not made the game at all with the way some people are complaining, sheesh!:rolleyes:

ditom
25th Feb 2007, 20:58
Now he looks like human.

_mil
25th Feb 2007, 23:23
i like this larson much much more..... but, having kinda said that.. why isnt he wearing the original coloured clothes.. red top, blue jeans..

and the Texas belt-buckle looks like it can cause some serious manly harm....

Also, agreed with the statement in the mag... Larson (plus also a few other human characters) took so dam long to die.. :mad2:

Taylour
26th Feb 2007, 02:53
I think he looks to well read. It won't really match his personality, he looks like he's more ready to help Lara (sans the buckle) and not be a buck toothed idiot that says "SKY-ON" for Scion. He needs to look a little dumbed down, over all I like it though.

LisaB1962
26th Feb 2007, 03:07
I find the lack of a mullet disturbing. ;)

_mil
26th Feb 2007, 10:34
I think he looks to well read. It won't really match his personality, he looks like he's more ready to help Lara (sans the buckle) and not be a buck toothed idiot that says "SKY-ON" for Scion. He needs to look a little dumbed down, over all I like it though.

i think thats spot-on. he looks like someone thats somewhat educated and not someone to spit a mouth full of tobacco on you. i think it could just possibly be his stance and clean cut clothes like someone with some money to throw away, and not some out-law wanna' be.
but still, he looks light-years better than the original... and even the one from tr5 which was.... well.... better................... ish

Po Yu
27th Feb 2007, 14:02
I like his face and detailed on body!!!
but I do hate the hair.
I also like his shirt is red as old TR1.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4100/larsonscansw0.jpg
I hope his haircut can looks like that. More like TR1's

Advent-Lara
27th Feb 2007, 16:36
I hope they use jsut as voice as he used to have!

doctor willard
27th Feb 2007, 18:32
good old larson and pierre... ill never forget how hard they were to beat... pierre being the brains and larson being the "dim witted" side-kick...

since tomb raider chronicles is set before tomb raider 1, shouldn't larson have some massive wound to his right side? for those of you who remember, he got bit by a huge dragon in rome and thrown into a wall. maybe showing him with some sort of injury maybe at some point?

Discordia666
1st Mar 2007, 07:39
Well, he does have a support on his left wrist. Or could that be from something else? Can't remember whether he was right- or left-handed, though.

ggctuk
1st Mar 2007, 10:20
A few things I want to see with Larson:

Red Shirt
Revolver or Handgun from TR1 or TRC
Western voice.
During the cutscene, Lara calls him a "Cro-Magnum Cowboy"

pinkangel07
1st Mar 2007, 21:34
Chronicles was set before TR1?!?!

Where was I?!?!

I remember the 3 headed dragon... there's a cheat to not have to fight it :)
anyone wanna know it, I'll be here!

Sophia Leigh
2nd Mar 2007, 01:31
He's almost what I expected, I wasn't expecting him to be wearing a really bad, plastic looking toupee. I think Po Yu's version is right on the mark - Chystal Dynamics take note!

ggctuk
2nd Mar 2007, 09:40
Chronicles was set before TR1?!?!

Where was I?!?!

I remember the 3 headed dragon... there's a cheat to not have to fight it :)
anyone wanna know it, I'll be here!

No, TR1 first, cos Pierre fell in TRC, and he would have more likely survived Lara's Browning 9mm Pistols/Magums/Shotgun/Uzis than that fall. Larson was killed by those dragons shortly beforehand, not paralysed.

ditom
2nd Mar 2007, 13:50
The fight with this dragon was very long and boring.But it was easy to kill this thing :D

sophie22
4th Mar 2007, 12:26

i think it will be the voice acting and character movements that will give him that quality - to be fair i like it, hes rather attractive! cant imagine him withe the old voice but we will see

Legend 4ever
4th Mar 2007, 21:03
He is OK!

winston
4th Mar 2007, 21:48
Well I think I prefer the old Larson, but then that's just me being nostalgic for the old TR days:p

Anyone else notice it says "Natala" not "Natla" ? Just curious!:p

Mertz523
8th Mar 2007, 17:44
Not only did this clip spell Natla's name wrong, but the word "enemies" is spelled wrong. They spelled it "enemys." I know that has NOTHING to do with the discussion, but oh well...

I do like the new Larson. I'm kinda hoping that maybe CD has scrapped the dim-witted baffoon Larson and has him equally intelligent as Pierre.

Or maybe they switched roles, and Larson is the brains and Pierre is the brainless? :lol:

lara lady
8th Mar 2007, 18:45
WHO THE HECK IS "LARSON"?:scratch: :nut:

Lara Lady

Treeble
8th Mar 2007, 20:50
First NPC you see in TR1 and first boss at level 4 who only come to pass much later on, where he's left behind "sucking wind in there", "if that's the phrase". :D :cool:

winston
9th Mar 2007, 08:52
He is also in TR Chronicles- first level Rome, with the mad French guy Pierre who *accidentally* falls off a ledge in the Colloseum :rolleyes: This is set after TR1, as both Larson and Pierre are in that.

lara lady
10th Mar 2007, 01:52
Ok i thougth i had posted earlier the other day,but i did't so i asked WHO THE HECK IS LARSON!!!??? thanks!!

:p Lara Lady

rabid metro
10th Mar 2007, 07:18
... assuming that you now have the walkthroughs,
it is easy to determine who larson is ...

... assuming that you are ... ohh!, hee hee ... :cool:
googling "wiki tomb raider larson" come up with this (amongst others):

scroll down to the "Characters" section.
http://www.answers.com/topic/tomb-raider

again, scroll down to "Characters".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_Chronicles

and so on ... :)

Trueform
10th Mar 2007, 15:25
Looks good to me. no blood is my only complaint. :)

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
10th Mar 2007, 15:34
Yes, Chronicles were before TR1, unless Pierre and Larson came back from the dead!

winston
10th Mar 2007, 21:10
Yes, Chronicles were before TR1, unless Pierre and Larson came back from the dead!
Lol I dont want to cause arguments but wouldnt Chronicles be after TR1? Seeing as Pierre fell off the side of the Colloseum in Chronicles? How can he have died in Rome then come back to bother Lara in TR1?:scratch:

ggctuk
17th Mar 2007, 09:56

I somehow feel that Pierre would have a better chance of surviving being shot that falling down a crevice and breaking his neck.

Same with Larson, although he might have survived after the gargoyles had finished with him.

shadow_cat
17th Mar 2007, 10:59
he is very nice now and a bit more scary o think

Latina Lara
18th Mar 2007, 00:34
Wow, I love the way he looks! It would have been nice if he kept his original clothes but hey, I'm not complaining!:)

dark_angel@134
18th Mar 2007, 18:23
he was dressed horribly, like some old farmer on the prairie, his hair looked vile, i think that he made a mistake by wearing red, and the TRA version kicks ass, disses, cusses and bangs the original cow-elder wannabee:rasp:

deltaforce128
24th Mar 2007, 00:30
Larson should be much harder to defeat. I only had to run up to him and roll behind him. Sometimes, he would just stand still for ten seconds and then turn around, in which case I just rolled again. Rinse and repeat.

deltaforce128
24th Mar 2007, 00:32
Well winston, its obvious TR Chronicles was before TR1 because in TR1, Pierre would disappear like a ghost.

Treeble
24th Mar 2007, 01:21
Pierre beat Lara to the second piece of the Scion but as soon as Lara arrived she killed him and looted him. So there, he died in TR1. And in TRC. And Core's timeline was screwed up beyond repair, probably.

StarChampagne
24th Mar 2007, 08:46
I do like the new Larson. I'm kinda hoping that maybe CD has scrapped the dim-witted baffoon Larson and has him equally intelligent as Pierre.

Or maybe they switched roles, and Larson is the brains and Pierre is the brainless? :lol:

Not for me :p

Larson, for me, should be forever an idiot. He's funny. Comic relief, if you like. Not a character to be taken too seriously. In my humble opinion, Tomb Raider itself shouldn't be taken too seriously :)

blajdzik
24th Mar 2007, 09:03
everything is ok except hair. It looks like... bonnet