PDA

View Full Version : ARRGGGHH! Bloody SNAKE!

FunkyChicken
24th Feb 2007, 19:48
Hello, I new to this forum but have been a TR fan since the age of 11. I've totally completed TRL with all rewards and time trials except from the England time trial because I can't get passed the frigging snake :mad2: ! I've done it twice before with ease, but for some reason now it seems impossible. Is any one else having difficulty with it on time trial mode?

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 20:02
The Time Trial difficulty is the same as the normal one; you're given 27 minutes but you can beat England in under 15. You can get some Time Trial tips (not specifically with the serpent, but still might help saving some time to spare with it) at TRs.net (http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR7walk/timetrials.html) or TRHub (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/timetrials/index.html).

rabid metro
25th Feb 2007, 00:45
... except from the England time trial...
Is any one else having difficulty with it on time trial mode?

its the pressure.
ever watch people on a game show when you know they know the answer to some obvious question,
but somehow, under pressure, they come up with some strange stuff.

the same thing happens in a time trial, the erratic response is self-induced.

having said that, ignore the clock!
in general, you will naturally get better as you play through time trials.
however, keep an open eye for short cuts, advantages or new strategies!

raid on!

Mertz523
26th Feb 2007, 06:31
Am I the only one in thinking that the time trials are an unnecessary addition? This was the only thing I tried and couldn't complete and didn't waste any time in trying to do. I love exploring, love taking my time in lush backgrounds and awesome detailed environments, so why oh why would I wanna rush through it? :confused:

Astara
26th Feb 2007, 08:30
Am I the only one in thinking that the time trials are an unnecessary addition?

Yes. :rasp:

This was the only thing I tried and couldn't complete and didn't waste any time in trying to do.

You claim you tried it, but also claim to have not wasted any time
in trying to do it. That seems contradictory. If you mean you gave yourself an internal time limit of 0 seconds to complete the Time Trial but thought that a 0-second TT was a complete waste -- couldn't agree more. :D

I love exploring, love taking my time in lush backgrounds and awesome detailed environments,
Ditto.

so why oh why would I wanna rush through it? :confused:
To see Lara in a bikini? :-) Um...to play looking like Amanda? Um...to mess with "immunity from damage" and practice your unarmed fighting skills (practice that might get you killed otherwise)?
To prove you can? Improve your reaction skills? Lower your blood pressure (learning to deal with stress :whistle:) :D ?

Why would one's ability to do something indicate its necessity for other people? One thing, I hear, is, if anything, the game needed more challenges because many people did the whole thing (including time trials) in an afternoon :eek: (obviously, not me, but whatever...).

For me -- I was even using a "walk through" and it still took me near 100 hours the first time through! So can't accuse me of being some "pro"...

First time through game I logged, maybe 100 hours? Total -- so I had quite a bit of room for "improvement". When I first finished, though, the Time Trials seemed way out of reach. I thought -- "forget it"; no way. But...twern't so! Had maybe 70% of the TT's done before I got a gamepad -- which makes most of the TT's easier (though, getting used to the pad was a whole 'nother story).

But further goals to try -- going through entire game from scratch and not collecting any "treasures" until completing all levels (you don't get pistol upgrades), or going through entire game "only once" to collect all the treasures on a level (i.e. not forgetting any). Being to do it either way, on "difficult", from memory... "Re-exploring" for game "quirks" (or "bugs")...

In some ways, some might argue that there were not enough challenges. Others didn't want as many challenges as were already in the game. Watchya gonna do?

I have to say, the time trials seemed impossible at first, but now I only find them mildly challenging. Might be a nice addition if they had a way to set the difficulty setting while in TT mode as well. It seems the TT difficulty is about equal to "medium".

How many hours of play did the game log before you reached 100%?
I see one game file (presumably my first) at 95+ hours for complete (that was without time trials). I see a complete @ 80% in slightly over 3 hours (probably no treasures picked up), and I see my lowest 100% complete score at about 12.5 hours. Quite a range on time. Had some others in between and some included TT's where I tried to do them immediately after the level on one play-through.

Just tried it in many different combinations -- even different languages and with languages&subtitles off. Were any a waste of time? No more so than playing the game itself, IMO, but that's just me...:)
A*a

Mertz523
26th Feb 2007, 10:19
To clarify:

I tried doing the Bolivia time trial thrice. I would always get to the end of the level and have to deal with the henchmen and could never kill them in time. After this, I decided not to try any others. I had the PS2 from my brother last month whilst I was recovering from a spleenectomy. I was to give it back by month's end and had 2 other games I was playing (though I went through Legend on all three difficulty levels). So, to explain my not devoting much time to the time trials, I had a limited time with my ex-PS2.

I got all the rewards. And I don't care about the other outfits, the level specific outfits were fine by me, but I know, most loved the addition of new ones. I had a GameShark code for Infinite Health paks on the 2 harder difficulties, which was fine with me.

BassViper
26th Feb 2007, 16:25
Yeah Mertz,

To me the fun of any game has always been exploring, finding everything, and dealing with whatever comes your way. Not how fast you can get throught it.

I'm still dealing with TRL at the most difficult level and continue to find new stuff I never saw or encountered in the easier two.

Peace to all the fast runners, but we all have our preferences and to me, speeding through the game is missing half or even more, of what's actually going on.

I'm an OLD old-school programmer and I like seeing what the programmers are putting there, especially when they're hard to find or get around.

amazingbillyd
28th Mar 2007, 11:41
Hello, I new to this forum but have been a TR fan since the age of 11. I've totally completed TRL with all rewards and time trials except from the England time trial because I can't get passed the frigging snake :mad2: ! I've done it twice before with ease, but for some reason now it seems impossible. Is any one else having difficulty with it on time trial mode?
Tell me how you get pass the snake with the bug with the cage help me out.

amazingbillyd
28th Mar 2007, 11:44
The bug when you at the snake with the cage. how you get pass that, Do i have to start over,CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME!

aussie500
28th Mar 2007, 13:47
l have never come across a bug in the XBox, XBox 360, PC or PS2 versions, what seems to be the problem?

cazzer
29th May 2007, 18:18
????:confused:
also in answer to Funkychicken's question does the snake bite and kill you , if it does perhaps shooting it before coming into contact with it might be a solution.:D