PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Anniversary not on XBOX/XBOX 360/Next Generation ???

Pages : [1] 2

bluecrush
24th Feb 2007, 16:39
why is there no version of TR: Anniversary being released on XBOX ???:mad2: I mean I have emailed everyone possible I can to discuss this matter that every year when they launch, the xbox edition comes almost a month or 4 later by which the users at PSP and Playstation 2 are ending the game, and we are sitting and watching them play is like so irratating...

Last year when Legend got released my cousins ended the TR: Legend while I was going to market to purchase the game... and it totally ruined the feeling of playing the game. Can anyone discuss this to Higher management ?? what is the solution ??? I am waiting on this game for long enough and I switching to another console is not the right solution because I spend my $350 on purchasing this console just to play Tomb Raider.:mad2:

I hope something get changed and done for this issue faced by XBOX players of TR !!!

Sal-

officerpuppy
24th Feb 2007, 16:58
Considering the game is so close to release, I doubt it which is unfortunate for I too have an Xbox and would of loved to own this game on a console, not PC, but oh well.

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 17:13
I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer to have a Nintendo port version; even if that 'little longer' would stand for 6 or 7 months. I'd still be jumping for joy, in fact. :)

bluecrush
24th Feb 2007, 17:17
yeah well this is an ISSUE a big issue and it needs attention as well some solution... I wonder if someone read this issue and can do something about it... its really pissing me off :mad2: !!!

sugarstar
24th Feb 2007, 17:19
All,
Just inquiring if there are any TR games out there now?

bluecrush
24th Feb 2007, 17:21
@Treeble: hey treeble, if you really wanna see some fans ask me man !!! I've been waiting for the new TR game since the moment I ended playing the Legend, so for me its already been 6, 7 months man !!! don't expect alot because it has a lot to do with the feeling of playing a fresh game than playing a game which is already been played by your colleagues and class fellow months back :mad2:

bluecrush
24th Feb 2007, 17:24
@sugar: None man !!! and its pissing me off big time !!!

sugarstar
24th Feb 2007, 17:27
that suckssssssssss...

bluecrush
24th Feb 2007, 17:33
yeah well I wonder who should I report this problem to ??
I think XBOX players should start reporting this issue to the Eidos by emailing them !!!

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 17:40
I'm not quite sure I follow now. Tomb Raider Legend was released for XBox and XBox 360 back in April last year, simultaneously as the PS2 and PC versions; it only was available for GameCube later on, in early December.

The thing right now is that Eidos will release the next game only for PS2/P and PC; no matter how many fans they've gathered with the Xbox/360 or Nintendo releases of Legend, they're simply disregarding us, owners of those consoles.

But like I said, if they decide to announce on April 1st that yes, the game will come for a Nintendo system (whether GameCube or Wii), then I'll still be jumping for joy when I buy it, even if only 6 months after it's released on other platforms.

bluecrush
24th Feb 2007, 18:36
:mad2: that doesn't change a thing man !!! the issue remains there and trust me you have no idea how long people waited for Angel of Darkness to be released on xbox which they didn't and it sucked !!!

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 19:02
Back then things were different. Core was in control and Sony was on its way to become the control freak monster it eventually turned into. Trust me, it was better for Angel of Darkness to have stayed exclusive to PS2; and if you haven't played, don't even bother. Simply not worth your time.

We've to find a way to convince them to release the next games on other platforms; Anniversary being our most urgent priority, since it uses an improved Legend engine and both the GameCube and Xbox could run Legend perfectly, there is no reason at all why it shouldn't be available on platforms other than Sony.

rabid metro
24th Feb 2007, 22:09
there is no reason at all why it shouldn't be available on platforms other than Sony.

there were financial reasons that compelled Legend to be immediately available on as many platforms as possible.

similarly, there are financial reasons for 10ann to roll out the way it is.
however, unless there is another hidden factor (i.e. some exclusive marketing agreement, or something) ...
then you should expect Tomb Raider to be developed for its legacy platforms ...
and then have third parties port the finished product to the consoles/platforms of their specific expertise.

since Legend removed the "urgency" factor, this is more the traditional development model.

i can't imagine anyone (i.e. suits) passing up on the potential financial gain of multiple ports.

besides, there are bragging rights to be had from having the "greatest selling game" ...

viviminilara
26th Feb 2007, 17:16
Hi Lads i'm new in this forum :rolleyes: ... If you really want to do something, there is a petition online about persuading Eidos and CD to release Anniversary for Xbox and 360.
here (http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/) the link...

:D

Raider0011
26th Feb 2007, 20:14
O.K., I signed it.

I agree that it just doesn't make sense financially for Eidos to limit the potential games they could be selling. For a high profile franchise like Tomb Raider it ONLY makes sense to maximize the number of customers you can get the game in front of, as it will do well on any console. It just does not make sense to do anything otherwise.

Crimson Flux
26th Feb 2007, 21:26
To Eidos, because I’m sure you check up on your own forums.

I’ve heard many different reports on the release of the Anniversary edition of Tomb Raider in 2007, most stating that it is exclusive to PS2 and PSP. I've seen various posts claiming otherwise, and hope they have backing. But just in case they don’t, I would like to try and persuade you to do otherwise; that is to release it for the Xbox and 360. Why is it that anyone would feel denying the very large Xbox community the pleasure and the price tags of Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a good business move? :confused: I mean, Gears of War has already found its way into the homes of 3 million people (which is the total for TRL last time I checked), and the numbers, as well as Epic's profits, keep rising. If only 5% (150,000 people) of that same 3 million people in the 360 communities bought Anniversary at only $50 a copy, that’s $7,500,000. Now how much would it cost a corporation to reformat a game for the 360 console? :scratch: Not even close to $7,500,000. As you know, there are certainly more than 3 million people with Xbox 360s (Not including those with original Xboxes), and you also know that games generally premier at $60 a copy, not including the limited editions, so I don’t have to tell you that my calculations were under the minimum profit projection. But I don’t care about how much money you make (you should though). I care about having to buy a PS2 to play your game, or use my keyboard and scratch my surround-sound system downstairs for the one on my computer :mad2: . I care about playing the original Tomb Raider adventure using one of the best graphic cards available to people with reasonable incomes, that of the 360. I care about the best experience for the Tomb Raider games, and so do all the others on this forum. So please, listen to a fan; do yourself and all those who are stoked about Tomb Raider a favor and release Anniversary for the Xbox and the 360. At least consider my points and, if nothing else, my existence as a customer in your decision on the release of Anniversary.

To fans,

Does anyone know the e-mail address for Eidos Entertainment? If you do, please send it to me. Also, search for petitions on TRA; I’ve signed as many as I can find. This is a great way to get Eidos' head out of the sand and admit that the next generation of gameing is here, and we have pocket books. If we all put some effort into this, we can make Eidos listen to their concerned fan base. I mean, what kind of entertainment business can afford not to? Unless these guys have gone to the dark side as a full Sony sell-out :( , we are the best source of income for their salaries.

Raider0011
27th Feb 2007, 02:52
Here here!! :D

aussie500
27th Feb 2007, 10:46
l must have missed something here, Gears of War is a next gen game made for the XBox 360 and is aimed at a completely different audience to our Tomb Raider games, sales figures for that game are irrelevant to our problem. Anniversary is a current gen game aimed at those who play the classic Tomb Raider games
ie: Playstation and PC players. Gears of War when last l looked was not even available for Xbox, but was exclusively a next gen game same as Tomb Raider 8 will be
As a remake, and a current gen game PC, PS2 and PSP sounds fine to me, they have virtually stopped making XBox games now, although it would have been nice to have had at least 2 games for my XBox. l doubt if Eidos would think it worth the cost to make a next gen version of the game, but if they did l would rush off and buy an XBox 360 just to play it ;)

viviminilara
27th Feb 2007, 15:08
Crimson, i totally agree with you... Someone says the right thing, finally!:rolleyes:
Anyway, in this thread i've posted the link to the Petition. Sign it! :D

Crimson Flux
27th Feb 2007, 22:09
l must have missed something here, Gears of War is a next gen game made for the XBox 360 and is aimed at a completely different audience to our Tomb Raider games, sales figures for that game are irrelevant to our problem. Anniversary is a current gen game aimed at those who play the classic Tomb Raider games
ie: Playstation and PC players. Gears of War when last l looked was not even available for Xbox, but was exclusively a next gen game same as Tomb Raider 8 will be
As a remake, and a current gen game PC, PS2 and PSP sounds fine to me, they have virtually stopped making XBox games now, although it would have been nice to have had at least 2 games for my XBox. l doubt if Eidos would think it worth the cost to make a next gen version of the game, but if they did l would rush off and buy an XBox 360 just to play it ;)

If its such a different audience, how did I end up liking both games :rolleyes: ? Maybe I am the exception; I dont know. Thats why I only used 5% of the GOW fan base. You have to admit thats a really low projection. The "third person shooter where you have to use your brain to survive" mentality represents both games. True that Gears has higher graphic quality (the TRL engine still produces stunning landscapes), but that doesn't mean that Tomb Raider doesn't have other things to offer (ie story line, soundtrack, and style points). I mean, IGN awarded TR: Legends 1st place in the storyline category for 2006 (thats why I bought it); you dont get that kind of distinction if you dont sell any games.

As far as Gears of War being a 360 exclusive, thats exactly my point; 3 million sales on ONE console :eek: . This is the potential of JUST the 360 community. If Eidos threw Xbox, Game Cube, and other consoles into the mix, we're talking 7, maybe 8 figures. So what does Eidos have to gain by not integrating other systems into production? There has to be something Eidos isn't telling us; I mean a major corporation like them doesn't get to where they are by ignoring demand. They should know better **** . It goes against the basic laws of economics. Eidos had to have made a deal behind their back with someone :whistle: (or managment is on LSD :nut: ).

Crimson Flux
27th Feb 2007, 22:15
Crimson, i totally agree with you... Someone says the right thing, finally!:rolleyes:
Anyway, in this thread i've posted the link to the Petition. Sign it! :D

Signed as #142; thanks for putting the link up! ;)

kaylathekid17
28th Feb 2007, 05:57
im thinking..they release the tr legend on all the consoles...and then anniversary only for the original sony/pc. this could possibly be to get people to purchase more ps3's and psp's. regardless....im still very excited to see what this game has to offer, heres to anniversary being longer than legend. :rolleyes:

viviminilara
28th Feb 2007, 11:00
It could be... But why did they make a lot of publicity to Legend Next-Gen on Xbox 360? Many people after this has bought a 360 console, which is not cheap **** ! IMO they have to remain consistent on what they said before Legend release: Lara would have continued her adventures on Next-Gen platforms (including both ps3 and 360). Since Anniversary is going to be released AFTER Legend, 360 version is compulsory!:scratch: :)

aussie500
28th Feb 2007, 12:49
Her continued adventure from Legend will be available on next gen consoles, in fact Tomb raider 8 will be next gen exclusive. The remake is not for next gen consoles though, but for the 3 platforms you can still play the original games on. Makes more sense financially to make it for the fan base they already know will buy the game.

viviminilara
28th Feb 2007, 17:04
I agree that it just doesn't make sense financially for Eidos to limit the potential games they could be selling. For a high profile franchise like Tomb Raider it ONLY makes sense to maximize the number of customers you can get the game in front of, as it will do well on any console. It just does not make sense to do anything otherwise.

:D :rolleyes:

viviminilara
1st Mar 2007, 18:19
A sequel to deputy editors beloved just cause has been revealed by Eidos as nearly one million copies of the game were flogged in 2006. Also expect 360 and PS3 versions of tomb raider (almost certainly conversions of anniversary), hitman and championship manager in 2007 alongside the previously announced kane and lynch and crossfire."

- GAMES MASTER MAG UK, March 07 issue.
Let's hope it's true! :nut: :eek: :D
Anyway, keep on signing the Petition!

Loengard
1st Mar 2007, 19:55
Hi, just wanted to drop by and make a wish for an xbox 360 version of TR:A.
I was very disappointed to find out that I will not be able to play the remake (my PC sucks), which is a real shame because I loved TR1 and hated the direction the series took with time (Legend excluded).

Hopefully Eidos will bring this game to the 360 :thumbsup: Please!

viviminilara
1st Mar 2007, 22:19
Hi, your wish could be true if you sign the petition in the page 1 of this thread. Let's hope, and be positive! :)

Raider0011
2nd Mar 2007, 01:20
It could be... But why did they make a lot of publicity to Legend Next-Gen on Xbox 360? Many people after this has bought a 360 console, which is not cheap **** ! IMO they have to remain consistent on what they said before Legend release: Lara would have continued her adventures on Next-Gen platforms (including both ps3 and 360). Since Anniversary is going to be released AFTER Legend, 360 version is compulsory!:scratch: :)

I agree 100%. For Eidos to assume their fanbase has not upgraded to a new console is ridiculous... I hope they wise up and release TR: Anniversary on the XBox 360. I think the sales figures would be incredible. We need more signatures, so everyone, sign the petition viviminilara posted in page 1.

Here's a link to the petition again for those to lazy to read through page 1: :rolleyes: Tomb Raider: Anniversary for XBox 360 Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/)

viviminilara
2nd Mar 2007, 08:24
:o Thank you Raider0011, it's nice to have people like you supporting this cause.:D :)

AnaCroft*
2nd Mar 2007, 11:45
Vota Xbox y Xbox 360 ;)

http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/

Loengard
2nd Mar 2007, 12:12
Signed the petition but honestly I think this is a bit useless, since it doesn't even come close to an expressive number. It's a nice idea though but I strongly think there are more than let's say 300 people who want so see this game making it to the 360 in next-gen mode.

viviminilara
2nd Mar 2007, 16:56
Hope doesn't cost a thing.:D

Treeble
2nd Mar 2007, 16:59
Nor disappointment, for that matter. :(

You know what, I'll support your cause, not because I own an Xbox/360; but because Wii're together against this release being a Sony exclusive. ;)

*signs petition*

viviminilara
2nd Mar 2007, 19:58
Yeah, it's not fair at all. Lara Croft it's not a Sony Icon. :scratch: :cool:

Raider0011
2nd Mar 2007, 23:49
Thank you Treeble. If there is a Wii Petition I will gladly sign that. I think for the long term profitability of Eidos it only makes sense for them to release high profile games on ALL consoles.

viviminilara
3rd Mar 2007, 13:45
Well, now that you make me think about it, i suppose i'll write to the author of the petition, asking him to edit it a little bit: after all, we have to support the multi-platform release, and not to make the same error of Eidos :rolleyes:

Raider0011
4th Mar 2007, 05:15
Absolutely, it really does not make any sense to limit exposure / distribution of a top tier property like Tomb Raider. If this were a property that was getting off the ground, or not all that successful I could understand limiting the consoles it is being released on, but not with a top tier property. It's foolish...

rabid metro
4th Mar 2007, 06:37
given that 10ann is using the legend engine, there are no reasons that it shouldn't run on all the legend platforms/consoles.
it is also understandable that Eidos/CD would devote their 10ann development resources primarily to their mainstay platforms (PS2, PSP and PC),
with the intent of having after-developers complete the ports to all other platforms (for financial gain).
what is troubling, to me, is that there have been no announcements of porting agreements as we near the imminent release.
barring those announcements, then why hasn't there been an explanation about why tomb raider won't be as available as it was just recently???

i think we could live with delayed releases on the various ports, if we knew that they were coming.
i honestly don't think that we can force Eidos/CD to act before they are ready, sooo ...
should we be patient and have faith that ports are forth coming, or ...
should we be more cynical and suspect "backstage deals" (that fly in the face of the "for-the-fans" premise)???

Eidos/CD-- "bon mots"?

PointyBoy
4th Mar 2007, 18:41
well as you can imagin i was just as piised as every1 else wen i herd there is no confermation tht this game will b released for the 360, well i did a little research and found this...

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3156372

now i am not 100% certain tht this is tru or a sick joke or if the website just assumed tht the game will b released for the 360 but because i am a believer, i am going to go with tht this site is tellin the truth. as i stated tho dnt hold me to it cause the site cud be a fake....but we must have hope!

digifan
4th Mar 2007, 20:43
Hey bud, take a closer look. The release date is April 1st. You know what that mean, don't you? :scratch: ****

PointyBoy
4th Mar 2007, 20:46
yea i thought as much n all but like i sed u gotta have some hope tht it will come out for the 360

digifan
4th Mar 2007, 20:50
You get no arguments from me on that point.

However it's logical to assume there will be a 360 version to be release at a later time. Afterall it took almost six months after Legend was release before it show up in the Nintendo game systems. ;)

viviminilara
5th Mar 2007, 14:49
I choose the first one. To be honest, i am naturally positive! :D

rabid metro
6th Mar 2007, 02:12
...should we be patient and have faith that ports are forth coming, or ...

I choose *that* one. To be honest, i am naturally positive! :D

i'm rabidly optimistic (with a somewhat cynical ba**ss viper streak).

this means, of course, that if we were to occupy the same space at the same time, we would explode! :nut:

viva lara!

... erm ... back to topic ...

i hope it doesn't take too long before Eidos announces universal tomb raiding ... :whistle:

ahem ... don't quote me on that. no seriously, don't ...

Raider0011
6th Mar 2007, 03:50
I agree with your points Rabid Metro. The whole thing doesn't make sense. I hope Eidos announces an XBox 360 version soon. I would also like to see a Wii version, as I know quite a few people that would purchase it for that console as well. I still say that it does not make sense to limit the exposure of a high profile title like Tomb Raider. I hope Eidos realizes this. :D

Raider0011
6th Mar 2007, 03:52
Wow, I hope 1up.com knows something we don't yet. I would be willing to wait for an XBox 360 version if I knew it was coming... :)

Trinity88
6th Mar 2007, 16:50
I keep coming back to the fact that there is no Xbox logo on the official site, i cant help but wonder, this may be the sign that confirms TR:A is not going to be released on Xbox 360.

When Legends Official site went up, the Xbox logo was on the site!

I Would think that releasing the game on Xbox 360 at a later date is unlikely, the actual anniversary was in november lets not forget, it will already be 6 months late, i'm not saying i mind that, but releasing it any later would surely just be silly?!

viviminilara
7th Mar 2007, 16:32
i'm rabidly optimistic (with a somewhat cynical ba**ss viper streak).

this means, of course, that if we were to occupy the same space at the same time, we would explode! :nut:

:lmao: Like that? :D Anyway, Guys come on, the Petition needs more signs! :o

viviminilara
7th Mar 2007, 16:41
I keep coming back to the fact that there is no Xbox logo on the official site, i cant help but wonder, this may be the sign that confirms TR:A is not going to be released on Xbox 360.

When Legends Official site went up, the Xbox logo was on the site!

I Would think that releasing the game on Xbox 360 at a later date is unlikely, the actual anniversary was in november lets not forget, it will already be 6 months late, i'm not saying i mind that, but releasing it any later would surely just be silly?!

Well, releasing it later for 360 players doesn't mean later for PC/Ps2 players, too. I don't mind about a later release, it would worth for a Next-Gen version! :D

And i don't think Xbox Logo on official site is a confirm Anniversary won't be released on that platform. I am firmly believing Eidos/CD don't want to spoil a big surprise (as a 360 release) and/or they're still thinking about converting it for Xbox/360.

Meanwhile, as fans we could only noise about that with the Petition. (I know, i know, i am repetitive... don't kill me for this. :D :rasp: )

rabid metro
8th Mar 2007, 05:38
The aforementioned petition (click here) says xbox but the effect should be universal ... (wii, mac, whatever...) (http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/)

...To be honest, i am naturally positive!...this means, of course, that if we were to occupy the same space at the same time, we would explode!Like that?
you just had to do it ...
http://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gifhttp://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gifhttp://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gifhttp://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gifhttp://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gifhttp://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gifhttp://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gifhttp://foxtrotters.tripod.com/firework13.gif

*smile* *wink*
well, i hope you're satisfied ...
*don't thank me. seriously, don't ...*

it can't hurt! sign the petition. (click here) (http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/)

Crimson Flux
8th Mar 2007, 05:43
So I've seen various reports on Amazon about a Tomb Raider: Anniversary for the 360, but if you click the link to the sight in the first post and then the link to Amazon... nada. It was a crule mistake on Amazon's part :( . Sorry everyone; I want this on a 360 more than anyone, but this report on Amazon isn't the article we've all been looking for.

PS If you really want this TRA for 360 thing to go down, sign the petition on the TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERSARY ON XBOX??? thread in this same section (TRA). The link is in the first post by "viviminilara" (thanks for starting it up!;) ). Total signatures as of now - 265 :eek: . We could use a few more, though. Lets show Eidos that formatting TRA for the 360 will be a profitable business move :mad2: .

rabid metro
8th Mar 2007, 06:07
...If you really want this TRA for 360 thing to go down, sign the petition on the *thread* TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERSARY ON XBOX??? ...

hey, although the petition is narrowly worded for xbox lovers (as was mentioned previously),
it should be broadly understood that xbox implies all porting efforts.
so if you love nintendo, or macs, or whatever and you think petitions can make a difference, go there ...

btw, for kicks, you get to see vivi explode (click here), well, sort of ... (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=624413#post624413)

viviminilara
8th Mar 2007, 19:11
The aforementioned petition (click here) says xbox but the effect should be universal ... (wii, mac, whatever...) (http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/)

*smile* *wink*
well, i hope you're satisfied ...
*don't thank me. seriously, don't ...*

it can't hurt! sign the petition. (click here) (http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/)

Ok, i won't...but i have to, so thank you! :o :p

Lara Croft Wanna Be
9th Mar 2007, 01:03
Im not totally sure, but i thing anniversary wont come out on xbox, the reason being Sony probably has a copyright on tomb raider 1 and all things affiliated with it. (except lara) thats why it wont be on MICROSOFT xbox or 360.

Just my opinion, i hope im wrong even though i dont have a 360, i want everyone the experience this game cause its gonna rock!!!!

Treeble
9th Mar 2007, 01:15
Well, according to this press release (http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showtopic=7201&), you are right.

The game is only being released exclusively on PC, PS2, and PSP. No format for PS3 or Xbox 360 is expected. This project was started 2 years ago and artwork for the Xbox360 would add another 6 months. This isn't an option if they still want to release the game during the anniversary year.

Anyway, here's hoping for a Nintendo port later on. The Resident Evil Remake did pretty well, the Metal Gear Solid wasn't up to the expectations but still became a succesful remake... Tomb Raider wouldn't have anything to lose... ;)

rabid metro
9th Mar 2007, 03:54
*suggests*
you know how to whistle, don't you? ... :whistle:

*laughs*

... okay back to topic ...

stay positive and optimistic about ports.
as is, 10ann is going to be huge ...
and will be astronomical (eventually) when third parties are added to the mix!

*rumor mode: on*
They say that To Have and Have Not is not For Your Eyes Only.

Diva
9th Mar 2007, 12:36
This is taken from a news article I posted on my return from the Eidos Press conference in Amsterdam

The game is only being released exclusively on PC, PS2, and PSP. No format for PS3 or Xbox 360 is expected. This project was started 2 years ago and artwork for the Xbox360 would add another 6 months. This isn't an option if they still want to release the game during the anniversary year.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news peeps :(

If you want to read the rest of the article you can view it here:http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showtopic=7201

Loengard
9th Mar 2007, 12:40
Total signatures as of now - 265 :eek: . We could use a few more, though. Lets show Eidos that formatting TRA for the 360 will be a profitable business move :mad2: .

Such a petition won't change anything. I strongly believe, that it's the sales numbers of legend on the 360, that may convince them to make a next-gen anniversary. If not... well that would surely suck :(

viviminilara
9th Mar 2007, 12:52
Sorry thediva, but we are already out the anniversary year. We are in 2007, so a 360 release won't make the difference in that sense!
And i think Loengard is right, it depends on profits made by 360, since they've been positive, i'm sure 360 lovers will have a big surprise at the end of the year. :whistle: :D (nothing could get me down! )

P.S it doesn't matter if the petition won't change anything. It is a way to make us listen by Eidos/Cd! :)

viviminilara
9th Mar 2007, 12:58
Sorry Lara Croft Wanna Be, but Anniversary is also for PC, which is certainly not a Sony console. :whistle: :)

For me Sony copyright doesn't mean anything. Tomb Raider games have always been released on the wide range of platforms. Why it has to be different this time? No, for me it's a question of profit.:p

GoranAgar
9th Mar 2007, 13:56
the reason being Sony probably has a copyright on tomb raider 1 and all things affiliated with it.
No, they don't. :)

Adam Segarty
9th Mar 2007, 14:43
it sort of sucks really as im a big fan for all tomb raider games and its a bit dissapointing that i cant get it for the Xbox 360. Allthough i will still buy it for the PC but that is a totally diffrent experience compaired to a controller consol. But never mind. (sorry for my spelling)

Slim Vision
9th Mar 2007, 14:50
You're getting copyright mixed up with publishing rights. Sony will have just paid for the exclusive publishing rights for a year or so to have the game on their platforms. They don't actually own the copyright to the game.

Adam Segarty
9th Mar 2007, 14:50
I wish it would come out on the Wii in the near future as that would rock :) even if the anniversary year had gone :)

doctor willard
9th Mar 2007, 17:35
yarrrrrrrrrrrr! t'is a sad day for for the x-box 360 lads n lasses....yarrrrrr in deed........................er......yarrrr?

Tigerman68
9th Mar 2007, 18:20
yarrrrrrrrrrrr! t'is a sad day for for the x-box 360 lads n lasses....yarrrrrr in deed........................er......yarrrr?

It is a sad day for me, that's for sure! My Xbox 360 died and now I have to get the piece of crap fixed!! Who knows how much that will cost?! I got Legend for my 360 this past Christmas and have been playing off and on between work and school now for weeks. I had big plans to play this weekend....but no...the stupid thing just had to crash! :mad2:

Oh well...at least I got to play Legend on the ol' laptop last year! :D

Lara Croft Wanna Be
9th Mar 2007, 20:38
Sorry Lara Croft Wanna Be, but Anniversary is also for PC, which is certainly not a Sony console. :whistle: :)

For me Sony copyright doesn't mean anything. Tomb Raider games have always been released on the wide range of platforms. Why it has to be different this time? No, for me it's a question of profit.:p

Sony does make computers though my laptop is a sony vaio.

and i did mean publishing rights srry bout that

Raiu
9th Mar 2007, 22:39
Well XBOX never got Lara before Legend so whey should they start now? XD

Face it; Lara belongs with Sony; they made so many good games together

Loengard
9th Mar 2007, 22:43

congrats - You just got my vote for "worst comment ever". Seriously what kind of childish explanation is that? :scratch:

Here's still hoping it's coming to the 360 - even if it's 6 month later :thumbsup: Other than that there's still Legend 2 coming :cool:

rabid metro
10th Mar 2007, 06:40
...The game is only being released exclusively on PC, PS2, and PSP. No format for PS3 or Xbox 360 is expected...

... true believers refuse to be mislead by what appears to be an airtight statement.
sooo, thediva, unless you nail the coffin shut, this corpse-like thing will continue to rise up and haunt us ...

is Eidos/CD opposed to having or, possibly unable to allow,
at some future point in time,
a port of *the game* to third-party platforms by third-party after-developers?

you may respond:
1) at no point will there be a third-party port.
2) at some point, there may be third-party ports.
3) sorry, but i can't answer that question, at this time.

thanks for bringing us the previous news!
and for trying to currently be helpful.

Treeble
10th Mar 2007, 13:40
congrats - You just got my vote for "worst comment ever". Seriously what kind of childish explanation is that? :scratch:

Agreed, Gotta hate annoying console fanboyism. Especially when it comes down to a third party character... :rolleyes:

viviminilara
10th Mar 2007, 16:21
Ditto Treeble. :D

viviminilara
10th Mar 2007, 16:24
... true believers refuse to be mislead by what appears to be an airtight statement.
sooo, thediva, unless you nail the coffin shut, this corpse-like thing will continue to rise up and haunt us .

What a wonderful comparison! It suits perfectly! :D
:p

digifan
10th Mar 2007, 22:30
Personally I like to see Lara's next adventure be an exclusive for the PS3. :)
It may just be enough to convince me to get this expensive electronic toy. But then it's just me, I suppose.

StarChampagne
11th Mar 2007, 16:20

The TR games have always been made on PCs, I reckon. Why should Sony get TR? It should be made just for the PC. PC rockz !!!!111

Er... on topic. Thanks for press release, Treeble. Tis a shame, but understandable to want to get TR out this year.

tombraiderfanben13
13th Mar 2007, 00:32
im new to this thanx viviminilara im number 282 on the petition

aussie500
13th Mar 2007, 04:53
sooo, thediva, unless you nail the coffin shut, this corpse-like thing will continue to rise up and haunt us ...

is Eidos/CD opposed to having or, possibly unable to allow,
at some future point in time,
a port of *the game* to third-party platforms by third-party after-developers?

you may respond:
1) at no point will there be a third-party port.
2) at some point, there may be third-party ports.
3) sorry, but i can't answer that question, at this time.

thanks for bringing us the previous news!
and for trying to currently be helpful.

You cannot port a current gen game to next gen graphics, the only platforms it could be "ported" to are gamecube, XBox and the hand held consoles none of which would look particularly profitable to Eidos. Accept it, it is only going to be PC, PS2 and PSP

rabid metro
13th Mar 2007, 05:28
You cannot port a current gen game to next gen graphics ...
true ... using your narrow definition of "port".
in a broader definition, you can port the game anywhere ...

Accept it, it is only going to be PC, PS2 and PSP
it is going to be initially released on PS2, PSP and PC, that has been widely announced.

i don't doubt your insight but i would prefer an official announcement that no ports are forthcoming, or indeed, even possible.

accept it, on this matter, we see things differently ...

gaetano
13th Mar 2007, 05:34
Eidos probably calculated it was the best way to make a profit. At least we can go on PC. If you don't have a PS2, they are very cheap now, and lots of titles (you might not know if you never had a PS2) for that console are still attractive and cheap (I liked so much Zelda, Ocarina of Times or was it on N64:scratch: ).

rabid metro
13th Mar 2007, 05:41
... a PS2, they are very cheap now, and lots of titles (you might not know if you never had a PS2) for that console are still attractive and cheap (I liked so much Zelda, Ocarina of Times or was it on N64:scratch: ).

its just my final fantasy ... :rolleyes:

gaetano
13th Mar 2007, 05:56
Seems you are on my tracks Rabid metro:lmao:

rabid metro
13th Mar 2007, 06:10
Seems you are on my tracks Rabid metro:lmao:

... guide me ... :lol:

viviminilara
14th Mar 2007, 17:02
im new to this thanx viviminilara im number 282 on the petition

Welcome! :) Don't mind, we are on the same ship! :D

Raider0011
15th Mar 2007, 19:36
The game could be ported to any other console, developers generally start with the lowest common denominator (for the last several years that has been the PS2), then redo the textures and such for the more advanced platform. In fact, Ninja Gaiden is presently being reworked for the PS3 (As an example), this game originally appeared on the original XBox. They are reworking it and redoing the textures, etc.

Also, as Anniversary is coming out on PC (And I doubt seriously they are releasing it on PC with PS2 quality graphics), the XBox 360 port would likely be much less demanding coming from the PC version than the PS2 version.

There is no technical reason why the game would not be able to be ported to the XBox 360 or Wii.

Raider0011
15th Mar 2007, 19:48
Hopefully there will be an announcement that the game will be released on XBox360 and Wii shortly. I wouldn't mind if the XBox 360 and Wii versions came a little while after the PS2 and PC versions of the game, just so long as there is an announcement and the game comes out on the XBox 360 and Wii...

aussie500
16th Mar 2007, 00:41
The game could be ported to any other console, developers generally start with the lowest common denominator (for the last several years that has been the PS2), then redo the textures and such for the more advanced platform. In fact, Ninja Gaiden is presently being reworked for the PS3 (As an example), this game originally appeared on the original XBox. They are reworking it and redoing the textures, etc.

Also, as Anniversary is coming out on PC (And I doubt seriously they are releasing it on PC with PS2 quality graphics), the XBox 360 port would likely be much less demanding coming from the PC version than the PS2 version.

There is no technical reason why the game would not be able to be ported to the XBox 360 or Wii.

Developers redo the textures, not the company doing the port, well our developer is busy doing new games, namely Tomb Raider 8 and when that is finished Tomb Raider 9. They are not going to have time to go back and redo all the textures and artwork for a remake that has already been released on the 3 most popular platforms. They would have to see a lot more potential buyers before they would put Tomb Raider 8 on hold for 6-12 months.

All three versions being released are using exactly the same textures namely the ones Crystal Dynamics did for the PS2 version, naturally the graphics will look better on the PC which has better graphics options, but it is still going to be the same textures, which will be current gen.

It would be quite simple for Nixxes to do an XBox port, which presumably would be playable on the XBox 360, but l do not think Eidos would even go that far. Although some at CD have said they would like to do a next gen version presumably they simply do not have the time to fit an extra 12 months development time in for the anniversary game, the new games get priority

viviminilara
16th Mar 2007, 14:44
:D On gamesradar.com Anniversary is said to be released also for Xbox!
Check this out!

And i think the porting made by another software house partner of Eidos is likely to be announced soon after the release for standard platforms. I don't know... Let's see! And i'm still having my hopes up :o

Raider0011
16th Mar 2007, 23:07
As am I viviminilara. I really hope that the announcement is made, as this looks like a great game and I hope to have the opportunity to play it. I know quite a few people that don't have a PS2 (Or game capable PC) and want to purchase the game on XBox 360 as well. I know that the game would sell well...

As a fan of the franchise since the beginning (On Sega Saturn), I cannot help but feel slighted if the game were to not be released on a console I am able to play the game on again... I feel like it's TR2 all over again...

Hopefully Eidos makes the announcement soon though, because I would love to have the opportunity to play this game, and it most certainly would be profitable for Eidos...

I wouldn't mind a port, or a delay in the release of the game on XBox 360, just so long as the announcement is made and the game is released on XBox 360. Maybe for the Christmas holiday?

rabid metro
16th Mar 2007, 23:21
ummm, the xbox announcement on gamesradar seemed generic, to me.
it could have been an accident ...

its been pointed out before (and worth repeating ...)
business is business!
old tomb raiders were ported to the Mac (mucho, mucho) long after they were released on other platforms.
when legend was announced, it was not announced for Nintendo.
the Nintendo port/ports was/were officially announced about six months later ...

unless there's a reason Eidos doesn't want more money, there's reason to believe ports are in the future.

hey! call me an eager beaver ...

Treeble
17th Mar 2007, 13:41
Yup, Nintendo's ports were announced on April 1st last year. It seemed a bad taste joke until Eidos put Nintendo logos on the official site, even if the port was only available 6 months after the first major release.

I don't mind waiting more to get it on Nintendo. I just wish I can be given that choice. ;)

viviminilara
17th Mar 2007, 17:46
Me too Treeble. :D If only they give to us the slightest sign of hope... :cool: :D

Wait a minute. I was surfing Internet, and suddenly i realized that the game is already finished. (There are Beta Testing teams, so i suppose so) So, what the hell CD is going to do until May? i think there is enough time to make a port! :D Maybe they're already working on it...and they don't tell us for it's a surprise! ...okay, i'm going too far with illusions. :D

Raider0011
17th Mar 2007, 18:56
I hope so viviminilara... I really hope they port Anniversary to XBox 360 and Wii. It only makes sense as a business decision, why pass up on all of those sales??

I hope we get an announcement too Treeble, I don't mind waiting, but some sort of announcement would be very nice. This game is such an exciting release... I want it so badly to be released on XBox 360 and Wii...

gtkilla
17th Mar 2007, 21:21
I hope so viviminilara... I really hope they port Anniversary to XBox 360 and Wii. It only makes sense as a business decision, why pass up on all of those sales??

I hope we get an announcement too Treeble, I don't mind waiting, but some sort of announcement would be very nice. This game is such an exciting release... I want it so badly to be released on XBox 360 and Wii...

I would rather have it on the 360 than the Wii.

Undiscovered_Tomb
18th Mar 2007, 08:02
well i think with tomb raider anniversary they wanna stick to the game system name they made the orignal tr for (playstation)

if they made it for xbox and every other system it wouldnt be so anniversary'ish lol

but i do think it was wrong in a way for them to make tr legend for all of the game systems and get people into it and then just make it for ps2,pc,and psp.

im happy that i have ps2 so i can play tr anniversary when it comes out :rasp:

but if you really wanna play tr anniversary BUY ONE OF THE 3 GAME SYSTEMS!!!! :D

(im trying to agree with both sides :p)

I LOVE TOMB RAIDER!!!!!! :D

viviminilara
18th Mar 2007, 11:01
I agree with all of you lads, but one question keeps coming in my head... If the game is finished, what Cd will do until may-june to pass the time? :cool:
:whistle: *fingers crossed*

rabid metro
18th Mar 2007, 11:27
this is just my opinion, i couldn't possibly know what CD is doing ...

i don't think that they are entirely finished and i hope that they are not rushing ... :rolleyes:

i would guess that minor last minute adjustments to the game are still possible
in response to field test feedback, forum feedback, marketing, etc.

coordinate PR for all releases (common theme, talking points, etc.)

bugspray
package
polish
release
these things take time to get right, professionally.

continue Legend development (which is most likely next-gen and hopefully universal).
this, in itself, should require a lot of effort.

btw, this is even more reason to hand-off porting efforts now to 3rd parties,
with the effect of expanding the fan base.

Raid on!

viviminilara
18th Mar 2007, 19:32
btw, this is even more reason to hand-off porting efforts now to 3rd parties,
with the effect of expanding the fan base.

Raid on!

With "third parties" you mean Nixxes software? :cool: :rolleyes:

Treeble
18th Mar 2007, 19:42
well i think with tomb raider anniversary they wanna stick to the game system name they made the orignal tr for (playstation)

It's a well known fact Tomb Raider was first released on Sega Saturn and PC and ported on to Playstation only a month later.

It's funny that every Sony fanboy always come up with this same lame excuse to annoy other Tomb Raider fans who don't have a love affair with Sony. Lara Croft was never a "Playstation icon", she'd have been if she were designed by Sony. And she wasn't.

rabid metro
18th Mar 2007, 22:29
With "third parties" you mean Nixxes software?

3rd party after developers:
companies that specialize in porting software to a particular platform.

the arrangement is mutually profitable when the software is "hot",
and the original developer is "busy" ...

Examples:
Nixxes Software for xbox
Aspyr for macintosh (prior to Legend, tho ... sigh ...)

Raider0011
18th Mar 2007, 23:49
Well, if CS is too busy working on the next version of Legend, I hope that they hand over Anniversary to a 3rd party developer to port it to the XBox 360. Tomb Raider is a large enough property for it to be worth it financially to all concerned. It would sell very well on the XBox 360. ;)

viviminilara
19th Mar 2007, 08:24
It's a well known fact Tomb Raider was first released on Sega Saturn and PC and ported on to Playstation only a month later.

It's funny that every Sony fanboy always come up with this same lame excuse to annoy other Tomb Raider fans who don't have a love affair with Sony. Lara Croft was never a "Playstation icon", she'd have been if she were designed by Sony. And she wasn't.

Ok, Fanboysm it's definitely a course. Treeble is right, why simply people don't get it in their mind? :cool:

Raider0011
20th Mar 2007, 02:42
I third that comment...lol...

Now, where's the XBox 360 version?? (It's not fanboyism, it's a preference ;) )...

GoranAgar
20th Mar 2007, 08:38
Tomb Raider one has been released first on a Sega Saturn but was developed on and for the Playstation.

Treeble
20th Mar 2007, 14:57
That's how the story goes. Still, it doesn't make Lara a Sony icon.

LisaB1962
20th Mar 2007, 16:00
What's funny is that here, there's much complaining that Eidos isn't releasing TR:A for the Xbox or 360, but there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth over at the IGN Devil May Cry board because Capcom just announce that DMC4 was no longer going to be a PS3 exclusive and would be released for the 360 as well.

You have no idea how fanatic console fanbois are. It's hysterical. You'd think the world was coming to an end. :lol:

viviminilara
20th Mar 2007, 21:27
Really! It's weird, this seems not new to me! :rolleyes:

Raider0011
21st Mar 2007, 01:55
What's funny is that here, there's much complaining that Eidos isn't releasing TR:A for the Xbox or 360, but there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth over at the IGN Devil May Cry board because Capcom just announce that DMC4 was no longer going to be a PS3 exclusive and would be released for the 360 as well.

You have no idea how fanatic console fanbois are. It's hysterical. You'd think the world was coming to an end. :lol:

I agree with you. I would never get upset because someone with another console was going to have the opportunity to play a game that I loved (Or expected would be really good). That is simply ridiculous. I would just be happy that they also had the opportunity to play a good game. This bizarre frustration Sony fanboys have about games being released on other consoles is very strange, and seems to be limited for the most part to Sony fanboys... I have never seen such a mindset among a console fanbase before.

With that said, there is a VERY big difference between wanting to have the opportunity to play a game (As we are hoping), and simply not wanting someone else to have the opportunity to play a game...lol... A very big difference indeed... :rolleyes:

viviminilara
24th Mar 2007, 09:29
Well said Raider011... At this point you know that i'm on your side! :D
Anyway well done guys, we reached 421 signs!! Just don't stop.:cool: :rolleyes:

Xmas
28th Mar 2007, 17:55
Please, Eidos, make Tomb Raider Anniversary,
also in Next Generation graphic:) .
I bought a brand new graphic card : ATI RADEON 1950 XTX,
specially for NextGen version of TR:Legend;) , and I wish it was in too the Tomb Raider Anniversary...:(

This is a petition, look:) :

http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/

Naked Snake
29th Mar 2007, 11:36
I agree with Xmas, I bought the series starting from Legend because of the XBOX 360 graphics - They just looked amazing, too amazing for simple words to describe it!
Please bring out Anniversary for NEXT GEN GRAPHICS!

Xmas
29th Mar 2007, 12:24
I agree with Xmas, I bought the series starting from Legend because of the XBOX 360 graphics - They just looked amazing, too amazing for simple words to describe it!
Please bring out Anniversary for NEXT GEN GRAPHICS!

Thanks for your support :) .

t3o
29th Mar 2007, 13:22
Anniversary will be a 360 game or not?
Thankz!:rasp:

viviminilara
29th Mar 2007, 13:45
Ahhh!! The petition i posted is here again!! :D There's already a topic about this request. "Tomb Raider Not on Xbox??" I ask moderators please to close this topic, or move it into the previous opened. And it's possible to change the title of that topic? Call it "Tomb Raider Anniversary in Next Gen (PC and XBOX 360)..Thanks :rolleyes: ;)

viviminilara
29th Mar 2007, 13:48
I hope so, but at the moment nothing has been confirmed... And please guys, explain to me that weird statement made by Sci Entertainment (i'll tell the truth, this make me hope for the best conclusion of this sad story.. :o )

"The Group has a strong portfolio of future new releases, including Tomb Raider Anniversary, Diner Dash, Pony Friends, Crossfire: Search and Destroy and Kane & Lynch. In the second half of the year we plan to publish 7 new products on 19 formats across all platforms bringing the total new published releases to 11 compared to 9 in 2006.

:scratch: :p

Xmas
29th Mar 2007, 13:57
Ahhh!! The petition i posted is here again!! :D There's already a topic about this request. "Tomb Raider Not on Xbox??" I ask moderators please to close this topic, or move it into the previous opened. And it's possible to change the title of that topic? Call it "Tomb Raider Anniversary in Next Gen (PC and XBOX 360)..Thanks :rolleyes: ;)

It is not possible, it is easy ;) . And sorry :rolleyes: .

viviminilara
29th Mar 2007, 14:03
Don't mind about it. ;) But i didn't mean your topic (the one i'm writing in) should change its title, i was suggesting Moderators to change the title of the main topic (Tomb Raider Anniversary not on XBOX?????) :D

Naked Snake
30th Mar 2007, 09:14
Thanks for your support :) .

Absolutely no problem - I'm glad to support you! That petition is a great one - i'd love to see it be a success and EIDOS make Anniversary Next Gen!

alanhart2k
30th Mar 2007, 12:02
Her continued adventure from Legend will be available on next gen consoles, in fact Tomb raider 8 will be next gen exclusive. The remake is not for next gen consoles though, but for the 3 platforms you can still play the original games on. Makes more sense financially to make it for the fan base they already know will buy the game.

What a load of rubbish! most of the fan base will undoubtedly have bought a XBox360 or PS3 (or are going to) to see the awesome graphics of Legend, therefore the fan base will have moved towards next gen consoles.

I've still got my PS2 but i only played on it twice since i got my XBox360, the graphics just fade into nothingness compared to the 360.

Also, i played the original TR on a 90Mhz PC when it came out. Do i still have that PC? :scratch: Of course i don't. I upgrade to newer and better hardware with better graphics and playability. The same applies to consoles.

I'm a hardcore TR fan but i'm not gonna buy it for PS2 or PC, why would i wanna play a game i completed more than a decade ago just with slightly better (but no where near 360 quality) graphics! :mad2:

I'm gonna save my £30 and put it towards a game for the 360.

To eidos: We all know you read these forums. Can sumone at eidos please at least post a message telling us the reasoning behind this blunder.

viviminilara
30th Mar 2007, 17:12
You're perfectly right alanhart2k. I'm very happy to see people reacting so much to this fact! :D

Please Eidos, tell us something about that. No more rumours from now on. :o

Xmas
30th Mar 2007, 17:53
Yes Eidos, please answer :D .
We know you read this topic ;) .
And this is not secreat...Or yes :scratch: ?

aussie500
31st Mar 2007, 12:29
What a load of rubbish! most of the fan base will undoubtedly have bought a XBox360 or PS3 (or are going to) to see the awesome graphics of Legend, therefore the fan base will have moved towards next gen consoles.

I've still got my PS2 but i only played on it twice since i got my XBox360, the graphics just fade into nothingness compared to the 360.

Also, i played the original TR on a 90Mhz PC when it came out. Do i still have that PC? :scratch: Of course i don't. I upgrade to newer and better hardware with better graphics and playability. The same applies to consoles.

I'm a hardcore TR fan but i'm not gonna buy it for PS2 or PC, why would i wanna play a game i completed more than a decade ago just with slightly better (but no where near 360 quality) graphics! :mad2:

OK put another way they remade Tomb Raider 1 for those fans who still love playing the original and are obviously not so fussed about having the latest graphics. All those people who moved on to other things and are no longer interested in replaying the old Tomb Raider games will just have to wait and see if they get a next gen version, might take a while though, if you are lucky maybe you will get it next year :p

viviminilara
31st Mar 2007, 13:07
From Tomb Raider Chronicles site:

"Tomb Raider Anniversary is being developed by U.S. studio Crystal Dynamics and will be available in May 2007 for Sony Playstation 2, Sony PSP and Windows PC. No plans have been announced to cater for Xbox or Xbox 360, although the studio has not ruled out catering for these consoles. "

Sounds good to me... ;) :D

Treeble
31st Mar 2007, 13:41
What of Nintendo? :(

viviminilara
31st Mar 2007, 14:54
Well, i think Nintendo will be considered a little bit further from now. But in the end, also Nintendo fans will have the opportunity to play Anniversary! ;) Don't give up!

rabid metro
31st Mar 2007, 20:41
OK put another way they remade Tomb Raider 1 for those fans who ...

thanks, aussie500. we should be open to understanding other views. :cool:

IMO, the legacy of Crystal Dynamics and Tomb Raider ... rests with the Legend series.
While investing in this legacy (which will appear on multiple platforms, next gen, etc.), Crystal Dynamics noticed something:
it takes time and money, in part, to get the job (i.e. the Legend legacy) done right.
Anniversary is a gift, in the sense that TR1 (and other early TR games) needed to be studied and critical developer issues could be tested, cheaply, by making it.
Anniversary gains time and money for the legacy development of the Legend series, and the fans will love it.
Anniversary will maximize profits for Eidos/CD, if it minimizes the use of developer resources (hence PSP, PS2 and PC).
... and why not go all out for Anniversary? because that would lower the amount of attention spent on the legacy, Legend series!
... and yes, i still believe that anniversary ports are possible ... but unlikely before 2008 (because presently there are no hints of porting efforts and no official statements precluding them). at that time, 2008, you should see ports and (daaa daaa daaaaah) level editors!

IMO, its nice to think that anniversary was made for us ... but i'm okay with the fact that anniversary is merely a developer tool which we'll enjoy. we will have our socks knocked off by the future Legend games! lets just call it garded optimism ...

just my 50¢ ...

They say that one legendary cliffhanger deserves another!

Raider0011
31st Mar 2007, 22:54
I've been out of town, but wanted to voice my support (once more) for next gen versions of Tomb Raider Anniversary. I think this was a very poor choice by Eidos not to release the game on XBox 360 in particular, as this console has quite an installed base, and the gamers are geared towards action adventure games. I think the game would do very well. I also think the game would do very well on Wii as well.

I hope that Eidos makes an announcement soon that they are going to be porting TR Anniversary to the XBox 360 and Wii.

Treeble
31st Mar 2007, 23:47
So do I, Raider0011, so do I. I'm not giving up hope, no matter how unlikely it is. :) Wii love her, after all!

viviminilara
1st Apr 2007, 17:04
:cool: Yay!! 447 signs!! :D

viviminilara
3rd Apr 2007, 14:20
After i've seen all those gameplay/cutscenes/videos, my heart is cryin' out!! :eek: Please EIDOS, please CD, bring it on 360!! PLEEEEASE!! :mad2: I won't stand it if you'll disappoint us...:p

Xmas
3rd Apr 2007, 14:40
And please NextGen graphic:mad2: !
The game will be so beautiful;) !
Please! Please! Make nextgen graphic for PC,
and make game for Xbox 360:mad2: !
This is wishes of people!

marilara
3rd Apr 2007, 14:40
Come on people, we need more signatures!! As many as possible.

It will be an utter dissapointment if TR Aniv doesn't come out for XBOX, I can't bare to even think about it :mad2:

Xmas
3rd Apr 2007, 14:56
Come on people, we need more signatures!! As many as possible.

It will be an utter dissapointment if TR Aniv doesn't come out for XBOX, I can't bare to even think about it :mad2:

Yes, that's right! At least 1 000:mad2: !

viviminilara
3rd Apr 2007, 16:42
Guys, you can spread the voice about the petition... Tell about it as much as possible, at your school/work, or put the link (maybe not allowed, but if it is, try!) to it in your signatures!! :D
We've a lot to do in order to reach 100 signatures...:cool:

P.s, i just noticed that you already gave your contribute, Xmas. ;)

Po Yu
3rd Apr 2007, 17:52
I want NGC, too!!!

sugarcoatedcandyman
3rd Apr 2007, 22:24
why is there no version of TR: Anniversary being released on XBOX ???:mad2: I mean I have emailed everyone possible I can to discuss this matter that every year when they launch, the xbox edition comes almost a month or 4 later by which the users at PSP and Playstation 2 are ending the game, and we are sitting and watching them play is like so irratating...

Last year when Legend got released my cousins ended the TR: Legend while I was going to market to purchase the game... and it totally ruined the feeling of playing the game. Can anyone discuss this to Higher management ?? what is the solution ??? I am waiting on this game for long enough and I switching to another console is not the right solution because I spend my $350 on purchasing this console just to play Tomb Raider.:mad2:

I hope something get changed and done for this issue faced by XBOX players of TR !!!

Sal-

Oh, be QUIET!!! It doesn't make any sense that Tomb Raider Anniversary will be on XBOX 360 or XBOX because of these reasons:

1. Tomb Raider was not on XBOX products in 1996, so that wouldn't be an anniversary cuz XBOX didn't experience that action-adventure 3-D breakthrough

2. Tomb Raider Legend was on XBOX products because Crystal Dynamics was despirate to have as many people be fans of the Tomb Raider series

3. XBOX products were designed for Halo-and Gears of War-obsessed, Blood and gore fans

4. XBOX is not a Tomb Raider-true console

5. You managed to complain by computer, so upgrade it and buy it for PC.

viviminilara
4th Apr 2007, 09:05
WHAT?? Please stop saying things like that: XBOX is not a true tomb raider console **** It's totally pointless, because Lara Croft doesn't belong to any particular console. It's a videogame icon, and as a Videogame icon she's meant to be played on the larger selection of console. Please stop making destructive answers.

In 1996, Tomb Raider was released also for SegaSaturn. How do you explain that? Don't you think that things have changed from 1996, the videogame buisness has to evolve? It simply wouldn't make sense to release Anniversary only among the "original" players. The Tomb Raider franchise would be dead from ages! IMO, your statements look more like a fanboy manifesto than neutral opinion. :confused:
If Anniversary doesn't go out for 360, it will be a question of money. But, if you have read the previous post, you'll find out that nothing has been confirmed yet, and that there's still a hope Anniversary will land on 360/Nintendo/Original Xbox. :p

aussie500
4th Apr 2007, 09:33
Oh, be QUIET!!! It doesn't make any sense that Tomb Raider Anniversary will be on XBOX 360 or XBOX because of these reasons:

1. Tomb Raider was not on XBOX products in 1996, so that wouldn't be an anniversary cuz XBOX didn't experience that action-adventure 3-D breakthrough

2. Tomb Raider Legend was on XBOX products because Crystal Dynamics was despirate to have as many people be fans of the Tomb Raider series

3. XBOX products were designed for Halo-and Gears of War-obsessed, Blood and gore fans

4. XBOX is not a Tomb Raider-true console

5. You managed to complain by computer, so upgrade it and buy it for PC.

l have Legend for Xbox, XBox360 (played it on a friends console) and PC, l was wrapped to finally get a Tomb Raider game for my XBox. The fact that l played all the others on PS1 and then PS2 (as well as PC) did not stop me from changing to the XBox, l will be buying an XBox 360 and the XBox 360 version of Tomb Raider 8 next year, it would be nice to have Anniversary for the XBox 360 as well, l am just not getting my hopes up. l have many XBox games, and l am not obsessed with blood and gore, l only have a few exclusive games for my PS2, my main console is the XBox. Tomb Raider is suitable for any console as Legend proved. Unfortunately the fans cannot tell the publisher what platforms to release the game on or l am sure we would be getting Anniversary for all the available consoles as well, instead of just 3

Xmas
5th Apr 2007, 09:53
Long live the Next Generation Graphic and Xbox 360:D !
486 signatures:thumbsup: !

viviminilara
5th Apr 2007, 12:00
A little interesting update.... :cool:

Crystal Dynamics are in the final throws of developing Tomb Raider Anniversary, and the game is expected to release in May 2007 on Sony PS2, PSP and Windows PC. Although no Microsoft contingent has been announced, the studio has not ruled out future support for the platform.

Tomb Raider Anniversary is a special celebratory adventure marking ten years of Lara Croft, and will be based on the original adventure from Core Design. Crystal Dynamics are also working on Tomb Raider 8, which is expected to be released on Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360 and Windows PC.

Found it on TRC... Everyday i get more positive! :lmao:

Treeble
5th Apr 2007, 22:34
Hmm, I kinda gave hope up when I read this Q&A (NOT worded by Eidos, but by one of the listeners):

http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showtopic=7336

- What are the possibilities of the game being ported to Nintendo and Microsoft consoles?
- Any chance the game will be available on GameCube/Wii?
- Why is Anniversary available for PSP when Xbox and Xbox360 might be more popular?

I have grouped these questions together as they are all pretty much the same answer. TRA is a celebration of Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider was and always will be associated with Play Station, Tomb Raider was a flagship game for the PS. So therefore the game will only be available on PS. However I did press the point of future games being available on ‘other’ consoles and whilst they remained tight lipped about whether this would happen or not, I suspect it may be in the pipeline for TR8. But don’t quote me on that!

Quite the let down of the year. Guess we'll have to settle with what we can, not what we could. :(

viviminilara
6th Apr 2007, 09:57
Hmm, I kinda gave hope up when I read this Q&A (NOT worded by Eidos, but by one of the listeners):

http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showtopic=7336

Quite the let down of the year. Guess we'll have to settle with what we can, not what we could. :(

Well, i stress the fact that is not being said by Eidos. I trust more what i read on TRC... Don't be sad Treeble! I can't believe at Eidos are fanboys!! :)

Raider0011
7th Apr 2007, 16:53
Yeah, that Q&A seems skewed... I can't imagine a representative from a game company saying something like that (As it offends a portion of your customer base).

I am really getting sick of hearing the fanboy response that this is on Sony consoles because it is an anniversary of the franchise. My question: Is this an anniversary / gift for the console, or for the fans. If it is fore the fans, it only makes sense to release this on as many consoles as possible, as the fans (After 10 years) have moved to different consoles. It's like saying "For Christmas I'm buying my console such and such game"... It doesn't make sense...lol

I hope Eidos announces a release for XBox 360 and Wii soon.

*Please note, I used the term "gift" above as some fanboys consider it a gift. I do not consider this a gift, it is business.

Treeble
7th Apr 2007, 17:20
As I said, those words weren't from representatives, but rather from people that went and watched the press presentation. Anyway, after seeing a few interviews (Gamespot, I think), it seems to me that they could possibly say something along those lines, yes. Not with those exact words, but the same meaning gets implied. It's a shame, really.

It's as trustful as tombraiderchronicles is, however. No fancy language, just straight to the point.

aussie500
8th Apr 2007, 18:44
Well, i stress the fact that is not being said by Eidos. I trust more what i read on TRC... Don't be sad Treeble! I can't believe at Eidos are fanboys!! :)

l gave up hope ages ago when Ian Livingstone was talking about Anniversary and he mentioned Crystal Dynamics were also working on the new, next gen Tomb Raider game.......so obviously Anniversary was not a next gen game :(

viviminilara
10th Apr 2007, 21:23
Aussie, Ian Livingstone doesn't seem to me a person who knows perfectly the meaning of what he says... :D Anyway, it's likely CD is too busy working on the next TR episode... But what about 3rd party houses? I know, i know i am repetitive..:cool:

Raider0011
13th Apr 2007, 00:05
Yes, absolutely. If Eidos and CD don't have the resources to port Anniversary to XBox 360 and Wii, they should give it to a 3rd party to handle the port for them. It only makes sense.

viviminilara
13th Apr 2007, 10:13
Isn't it strange that CD or Eidos have NEVER utterly denied the release for those platforms? :cool: Please, if you disagree, bring the proofs, like a CD statement/Eidos statement like that: "Tomb Raider Anniversary won't be out, neither in a future time, for Xbox/360/PC next-gen."
Try to look for a thing like that... You won't find it, i'm sure.
So i believe what TRC says. "...has not ruled out future support for these platforms." :D

SpiderMonkee
18th Apr 2007, 06:46
I don't see it listed for the 360 yet. Um. TR:L is one of my favorite 360 games. Please tell me it's coming soon.

viviminilara
18th Apr 2007, 16:08
Well, i suppose you've to check all the previous posts in order to see all the steps made so far :D ... But here we are with the most important news :cool:

1- Tomb Raider Anniversary has not been confirmed/denied to release for Xbox/360/Pc Next Gen.
2- It seems like CD and Eidos have not ruled out future support for all these platforms.

So, my friend, the only thing we could do at the moment is patiently wait! :rolleyes: I'm still repeating that we have to stay positive, because my fifth sense tells me good about this...:cool:

...Anyway, if waiting is not your favourite activity, you can also sign a petition posted among these pages...:o To be exhaustive, 3rd page!

Unity2012
20th Apr 2007, 17:57
...Anyway, if waiting is not your favourite activity, you can also sign a petition posted among these pages...:o To be exhaustive, 3rd page!

First things first:
"Kudos to viviminilara for keeping this thread going! :thumbsup: "

We could all go to our favorite Xbox forums and post a thread about the petition. I dont see why it would be a problem if it would only benefit those gamers wanting to have TRA on their console. After all that's what forums are for; besides we are linking to a public petition directed to the Publisher and developer's sites.

Let's get the word rolling people!

I own a PS2 but I'd rather play it on my 360. I still play "Legends" when I'm low on Lara :D Let us be optimistic and give it our best shot!

Keep up the good work viviminilara!

gsusfrk
20th Apr 2007, 18:00
whats the difference between a XBOX/XBOX360 and a computer:

NOTHING!!!!!!:lol: :lmao: :eek: :nut: :scratch: :D **** :whistle:
ill leave here now

Treeble
20th Apr 2007, 21:12
Your point being? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think this game should be PC only, seeing as all PS fanboys are so short sighted.

gsusfrk
21st Apr 2007, 00:15
Your point being? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think this game should be PC only, seeing as all PS fanboys are so short sighted.

oh snap, did anyone else see that....he went there.... HE WENT THERE!! :lol:
ur real "treeble" you know that :lol:
I crack myself up, really i do.. ok I'll leave the "big controller" topic and go to the "Hi, I'm a PC, Hi I'm a Mac" topic :thumbsup:
later dudes and dudettes

andyjoy
21st Apr 2007, 10:32
As Anniversary is using the Legend engine and that its working on the 360 (far better than than it works on the PS2 IMO(yes I own the game for both consoles: P)) then it would be next to no effort to port it over. Core now have a fan base in the 360 community so it would make good since to port it over. The power of the 360 would also also them to polish the game a bit and make it run moor smoothly as they did with legend.

The 360 also has the ability at least for old Xbox gams to generate a high def signal form a standard def game this would be usefull for people playing on a high deff display.

I also feel however it’s a good thing that games are still being made for the PS2, the PS3 is at least in Europe a complete flop so core would be shooting themselves in the foot by making this game exclusively next gen.

I am in both camps realy i own a PS2 and a 360 ( altho i think sony have screwed up big time with the PS3) if it came out 3 moths later on the 360 i would buy it for that as well simply becase i pref playing the 360 over my PS2 ( as i use my pc monitor for my 360 thuss high def display)

viviminilara
21st Apr 2007, 12:39
As Anniversary is using the Legend engine and that its working on the 360 (far better than than it works on the PS2 IMO(yes I own the game for both consoles: P)) then it would be next to no effort to port it over. Core now have a fan base in the 360 community so it would make good since to port it over. .

Do you mean Crystal, do you? :rolleyes: :o Anyway, you're right in every single word! :D

And... To Unity2012!! THANKS for what you say! i've done my part, because i care about this thread... ;) But i have to thank you guys for keeping to read it... I've posted the link to the petition in Xbox360 forums and other Italian forums... Do the same and we'll have it signed by 1000 persons in short order... :D

Raider0011
22nd Apr 2007, 01:28
Andyjoy: I don't think the PS3 is doing well anywhere outside of Japan. Sony really put together a heck of a flop there...

I really hope that Eidos and CS release Anniversary on the XBox 360, and so does GameInformer. Here's what they had to say in their last issue:

"The more we see of Anniversary, the more we find ourselves wishing that the game was making its way to next-gen systems." (i.e. XBox 360 :D ).

Come on Eidos, make the announcement and get this game ported to the XBox 360. The console is selling very well, and the user base is there for it. The gamers I have talked to are very eager to be able to add Anniversary to their XBox 360 Achievements...

Miss. Croft
22nd Apr 2007, 13:50
Hi,

Hopefully this will answer your question, but be careful there are spoiling things in it.. its also in my thread with alot of other spoilers..

Heres the thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=66821

Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLUGIKKFEY&NR=1

:thumbsup:

Miss. Croft

radiumvinteractive
22nd Apr 2007, 14:01
I'd rather have it on Wii than X360 :whistle:

I mean, think about it - they don't really have to change much - the Wii is supposedly more powerful than the PS2. Granted, most past-gen games have been getting the Wii treatment, so it shouldn't be too hard to create Wii controls and other stuff. In my opinion, the 360 version of Legend looked too smooth and Lara didn't look like herself. There is a such thing as too many polygons.

Besides, Tomb Raider has always been a PC and PS game. It seems like cheating when it's on another system (except Saturn :rolleyes: ).

viviminilara
22nd Apr 2007, 14:05
Miss Croft, i don't get the point... Where is the answer to our question?? We'd want to know about a 360 release, not about gameplay.. :confused: :scratch:

Maybe i didn't watch carefully... Could you please explain us? :)

And Raider011... GameInformer hit the target! The more i watch TRA gameplay videos, the more i desire it for 360! :p :o

viviminilara
22nd Apr 2007, 14:07
I'd rather have it on Wii than X360 :whistle:

I mean, think about it - they don't really have to change much - the Wii is supposedly more powerful than the PS2. Granted, most past-gen games have been getting the Wii treatment, so it shouldn't be too hard to create Wii controls and other stuff. In my opinion, the 360 version of Legend looked too smooth and Lara didn't look like herself. There is a such thing as too many polygons.

Besides, Tomb Raider has always been a PC and PS game. It seems like cheating when it's on another system (except Saturn :rolleyes: ).

Well, everyone has his own opinion :rolleyes:... What matters is that we have to join together in order to make us listen about a multi-platform release!! :D

radiumvinteractive
22nd Apr 2007, 15:18
I feel that they might release it on PS2 and PC like they are planning, but based on the success, they may just move it to 360, PS3, and Wii. That is, if we all go out and buy a hundred copies (which I might do :D )

Miss. Croft
23rd Apr 2007, 02:19
Miss Croft, i don't get the point... Where is the answer to our question?? We'd want to know about a 360 release, not about gameplay.. :scratch:

Maybe i didn't watch carefully... Could you please explain us? :)

And Raider011... GameInformer hit the target! The more i watch TRA gameplay videos, the more i desire it for 360! :p :o

Its somewhere at the end, some guy asks will TRA be released on next gen consoles.. so x-box and stuff like that, and then the guy answers but im not sure he said;) :cool: :nut: :lol:

viviminilara
23rd Apr 2007, 15:45
Okay, i'll check on it! :cool:

viviminilara
23rd Apr 2007, 16:05
Okay, just checked...Miss Croft i love you!! Thanks for having brought this video to the light! :D At some point (about the 5th minute) the guy who's asked for a future release on multi-platform, answered YES!! Well, he doesn't said yes in the true meaning of the word :rolleyes: ...The guy says that, as Tomb Raider experience inevitably brings to the larger selection of console, they are interested in exploring all gaiming consoles features...Now, they're focusing on the version for PC/PSP/PS2, but after may, they'll return on this possibility! It's a good day for gamers of Wii/Mac/Xbox!! :o

JAXsnipe
23rd Apr 2007, 23:50
If it is true that Eidos won't release TRA for 360 the only explanation would be a deal by Sony to pay-off Eidos for the exclusive release.

Like many of you, I purchased 360 because of the potential it has for gameplay. Let’s face it, it is packed with power!! PS3 touted for many months that it would surpass 360, but as everyone knows that ended up a load of BULL!

If Eidos did take a pay-off from Sony, that would mean that they care for money more than the gamers!

No, I wouldn't buy a PS3, Wii... just to play a particular game either. But if I do find out that Eidos made this type of deal, I can promise they won't sell me another game for my 360 no matter how many awards it receives.

This junk about brand or company loyalty has got to stop, and we're the only ones who will stop it!

The only big winners are the jerks cashing the pay-off checks. The only losers are us gamers!

Frag ya later,

JAXsnipe

Undiscovered_Tomb
23rd Apr 2007, 23:55
i believe my granny has a shoe but yet,im not so sure now......:rasp:

i feel bad for ppl who have a xbox and was waiting for a new tomb raider game to come out then they said its not coming out on that platform but i mean theirs nothing we can really do lol

JAXsnipe
24th Apr 2007, 00:10
If you're a serious gamer you can write game makers and voice your opinion.

It works!! Just look at PC and MAC. Those two giants have been battleing for years, but even Apple now recognizes that they need to include PC user friendly software in their products, and Microsoft now developes MAC versions of their bigest sellers.

The point is there is no logical reason why we can't all enjoy the same games.

Undiscovered_Tomb
24th Apr 2007, 00:19
ohhh well yeah........

well u have a computer dont u???

buy tomb raider anniversary for it lol

Treeble
24th Apr 2007, 00:56
Welcome aboard, Jax. You'll see there's a somewhat strong front of people who want this game to be multiplataform, but there's also a somewhat strong front of stubborn Sony fanboys.

You can read more here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=66024

Dogfight
24th Apr 2007, 04:05
I do not like console fanboys of any systems because they do a disservice to video games in general by ridiculing other systems. Console fanboys need to accept that not all great games are going to come out for their systems and that if they want to play some great games they are going to have to just buy another video game system. The other day I read a post about an XBox fanboy wanting Sony to do bad with Playstation 3 just so that he could entertain the idea that God of War 3 would come out for his system. I could empathize with this guy after all God of War 2 is currently the best game out beating every other game on the market but that is no excuse for such behavior. This was disgusting. Gamers who want to play Gears of War, Mass Effect and Too Human have to get an XBox 360 and gamers that want to Metal Gear Solid 4, Lair and God of War 3 have to get a Playstation 3. This is just the way the world is. In the perfect world Bill Gates would shake hands with Howard Stringer, they would give out free systems and every game would be available on every system but that is just not the way the world works.

On another note Sony has won the last two console wars. In the last console war PS2 beat XBox with way more quality video games. Therefore PS2 is the better system than XBox and currently it has more quality titles than XBox 360. Further the PS2 is still selling very well. XBox 360 may be the future but that future will have to wait until no more new games are made for PS2 and the PS2 finally goes to pasture. Unlike XBox which died over a year ago, PS2 is thriving with new games coming out this spring. PS2 is even outselling the XBox 360. If you want a console system then I recommend a PS2. It is low priced, has a great selection of video games to choose from and if you do not have one then you are missing out on playing some of the best games of all time.

So if you your PC will not run Tomb Raider Anniversary or even if it will run the game I still suggest you get a PS2 it is a great system for all gamers.

Anyone that is a true gamer has to understand that a great game is a great game regardless of what system it is on. If they do not understand this simple premise then they are not a true gamer. :)

Do not be a single system devotee. This is a danger to games. See the link below for details.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?releaseId=20060310114456640079&articleId=20070412141259296064&sectionId=1006&pageId=20070412152810638028

Miss. Croft
24th Apr 2007, 07:28
Okay, just checked...Miss Croft i love you!! Thanks for having brought this video to the light! :D At some point (about the 5th minute) the guy who's asked for a future release on multi-platform, answered YES!! Well, he doesn't said yes in the true meaning of the word :rolleyes: ...The guy says that, as Tomb Raider experience inevitably brings to the larger selection of console, they are interested in exploring all gaiming consoles features...Now, they're focusing on the version for PC/PSP/PS2, but after may, they'll return on this possibility! It's a good day for gamers of Wii/Mac/Xbox!! :o

No problem;)

Im glad i helped:D

FoX91011
24th Apr 2007, 08:07
u know more people have PS2s and PCs than 360s and xbox so :rasp: to all 360 and xbox oweners. now u know how we feel (the people that does not have a 360 and cant play gears of war.)

Rusty_DK
24th Apr 2007, 11:08
correct me if im wrong please...

but it seems that it only became an issue since TRL was released on XBOX...there was no hang ups before then...

viviminilara
24th Apr 2007, 15:09
But... I'm quite surprised :scratch: ... I hoped that i was bringing up some good news! Anyone has read what i posted above?? TRA will probably come for more platform than the 3 standard! Come on lads... Be happy! There's no need to complain about other games that won't be out for 360 system..:cool:

Treeble
24th Apr 2007, 15:27
u know more people have PS2s and PCs than 360s and xbox so :rasp: to all 360 and xbox oweners. now u know how we feel (the people that does not have a 360 and cant play gears of war.)

So... ?

There are enough Microsoft and Nintendo costumers to make games for those platforms just as well.

You know people have more 360s and Wiis than PS3s, so maybe they should NOT release TR8 on PS3, for that same reason... :rolleyes:

viviminilara
24th Apr 2007, 16:59
Well Said Treeble! :D :cool:

tombraiderfan4ever
25th Apr 2007, 01:46
well, unfortunately, Anniversary will not be for 360 or PS3, only PC, PSP, & PS2 cuz Edios wanted it to be available to more ppl. However, in TR8, the continuance of Legend, it will be available on next-gen consoles!!!!! I wish it was coming out for PS3 though cuz now i have to buy it on PS2 :(

viviminilara
25th Apr 2007, 08:49
Excuse me, read the previous post, and you'll find out something! :cool: It has been pointed out that Anniversary could be released (i think there's a HUGE possibility!) for more platforms after the official release date in May/June. :D

mung
25th Apr 2007, 10:57

Sal-

MAYBE BECAUSE IT WAS A PLAYSTATION GAME :D

viviminilara
25th Apr 2007, 14:12
**** mung, are you blind? :scratch: It's been already said that fanboysm is not appreciated here. So, please stop! :rolleyes:

Treeble
25th Apr 2007, 17:45
LOL vivi - it sounds as though as you and I (and a handful others) are broken records :lol:

viviminilara
25th Apr 2007, 18:53
Yes, Treeble, it's been a lost cause from the beginning!! **** :D

bigsofty
25th Apr 2007, 21:18
I own an XBOX and an XBOX360, I would normally buy for both consoles... EIDOS... this is lost sales, plain and simple.

Gamer4Lyfe
27th Apr 2007, 11:49
Agree. No 360 love? Come on Eidos! Think $$$$$$$.

Gamer4Lyfe
27th Apr 2007, 11:52
Where's the 360 petition? I wanna sign it!

viviminilara
27th Apr 2007, 14:01
3rd page on this thread Gamer4life... and welcome aboard! :D

gsusfrk
27th Apr 2007, 16:44
So... ?

There are enough Microsoft and Nintendo costumers to make games for those platforms just as well.

You know people have more 360s and Wiis than PS3s, so maybe they should NOT release TR8 on PS3, for that same reason... :rolleyes:

yes, I'm back, but in the long term Treeble, most people will have more PS3's than PC's PS2's Xbox's Xbox360's COMBINED!! yea I said, wat are you guinna do about it!? Huh!?

viviminilara
27th Apr 2007, 16:48
You cannot be sure. You're just speculating!! :scratch: And remember that this is not a thread of discussion/consoles war. **** We're talking about a possible release on more platforms, and this should be a good thing for gamers. :cool: Could you simply try to be happy for us! :D

gsusfrk
27th Apr 2007, 16:49
alright fine!! I'll Start a PS3's new gamers coolness .... thread!

viviminilara
27th Apr 2007, 20:10
Whatever... If you are interested in childish games like "PS3 owners versus 360 owners". :rolleyes:

gsusfrk
28th Apr 2007, 14:35
well, i dont like hate I jus like comparisons :)

Treeble
28th Apr 2007, 16:04
yes, I'm back, but in the long term Treeble, most people will have more PS3's than PC's PS2's Xbox's Xbox360's COMBINED!! yea I said, wat are you guinna do about it!? Huh!?

Yeah, that's what I heard when it was released last year and check that out -- it's still the lowest saling next gen console and what's more, the PS creator, Kutaragi, resigned. What a flop that console is. Sony's megalomania has paid off.

But nevertheless, it's not what this topic is here for. We're looking for GAMERS that want this game to be available on whichever platform they play games.

Thought I'd bring the petition link up again:

Make TR:A multiplatform. (http://www.petitiononline.com/6220107/)

viviminilara
28th Apr 2007, 18:08
Good to see you again Treeble... :D And good to see the petition back on top!! ;) You know, i'm just a little bit more confident now that it's been officially pointed out the possibility of a Multi-Platform release after May... (See GameSpot video, page before...) :rasp: :cool:

Gamer4Lyfe
28th Apr 2007, 19:13
I dream.....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Gamer4Lyfe/TRA360.jpg

viviminilara
28th Apr 2007, 19:33
Oh yes, It makes a good impression though.. :D
M-A-K-E I-T R-E-A-L Please... :rolleyes:

Treeble
28th Apr 2007, 20:38
Don't forget about us, Wii also want this game really bad! ;)

Vivi, could you post a link to the GameSpot feature, pretty please? Cheers. :D

viviminilara
28th Apr 2007, 23:30
Here we are... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLUGIKKFEY&NR=1

And, don't worry Treeble, soon we'll obtain ALSO a WII version! :D

Gamer4Lyfe
29th Apr 2007, 00:29
Awesome signature Treeble!!!!! :D

That Edios guy also said that they're maxing out the PS2! Should be graphically amazing!

Unity2012
29th Apr 2007, 13:33
I dream.....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Gamer4Lyfe/TRA360.jpg

I wet myself when I looked at this pic. We shall make it happen.

Gamer4lyfe, thank you.

:p

Gamer4Lyfe
30th Apr 2007, 11:06
It was my pleasure Unity! I soiled my pants while I was making it as well!

Raider0011
1st May 2007, 23:31
Very cool signature Treeble... We CAN make it happen!! I hope Eidos realizes the demand out there for an XBox 360 and Wii version of the game and act accordingly. They should definitely bring the game to the XBox 360 and the Wii...

Treeble
2nd May 2007, 00:19
Come on everyone, keep those signatures coming. Anyone feel free to borrow the sig and spread it across other forums -- we all have a common purpose, don't we? ;)

o°ÅNUBIS°o
2nd May 2007, 14:38
TR:L didn't sell well on the 360
and has anybody seen the PC version, there nothing next gen about it either
I think the sales of Legend sealed the fate of another TR being released on formats other then Playstations & PC
or didn't people not notice that only PS3 & PC was mentioned when Eidos announced TR8 for 2008 release?
:scratch:

Gamer4Lyfe
2nd May 2007, 17:06
^Blasphemy! :cool:

viviminilara
2nd May 2007, 19:31
AAAARGH!! Go out from this thread, sacrilegious!! :rasp: :D :cool:

o°ÅNUBIS°o
2nd May 2007, 21:26
:lmao: sorry 360 owners
but currently it is true, I too wish for a next gen version
but for the shiny black console:D
hey what about remaking that sig so it's got the Playstation 3 version too
be fair

Treeble
2nd May 2007, 21:54
I'd strongly believe that Tomb Raider Legend even on GameCube -- which only received its version months later, and about everyone who owns a Cube owns either a Sony or a Microsoft console as well -- sold more than the PSP version. SO, if what matters are selling figures, why the heck a PSP version? :rasp:

Reasoning logic is failing me.

hey what about remaking that sig so it's got the Playstation 3 version too
be fair

One: the game is already coming out on TWO Sony platforms, no need for a third one...
Two: fairness is just what we're all begging for... scrap that Exclusivity contract! Tomb Raider deserves more than that!

o°ÅNUBIS°o
2nd May 2007, 22:07
I'd strongly believe that Tomb Raider Legend even on GameCube -- which only received its version months later, and about everyone who owns a Cube owns either a Sony or a Microsoft console as well -- sold more than the PSP version. SO, if what matters are selling figures, why the heck a PSP version? :rasp:

Reasoning logic is failing me.

One: the game is already coming out on TWO Sony platforms, no need for a third one...
Two: fairness is just what we're all begging for... scrap that Exclusivity contract! Tomb Raider deserves more than that!

Oh so you know about the contract?
anyway I see want you mean as Playstation 3 owners can actually play the PS2 version
whereas a Wii or 360 owner can't
do you have Playstation 2? or are you buying it for PC?

Treeble
2nd May 2007, 22:20
A (pointless) contract is the only possible reason I can think of. It's never been made public, however.

I'll have to stick to a friend's Playstation, since my computer is under the minimum requirements. If it were released on the GameCube -- as Legend was -- the I could take full advantage of it, but it won't because the GCN is "dead". Then I can only hope for a Wii version, since I intend getting myself one later on this year.

o°ÅNUBIS°o
2nd May 2007, 22:44
A (pointless) contract is the only possible reason I can think of. It's never been made public, however.

I'll have to stick to a friend's Playstation, since my computer is under the minimum requirements. If it were released on the GameCube -- as Legend was -- the I could take full advantage of it, but it won't because the GCN is "dead". Then I can only hope for a Wii version, since I intend getting myself one later on this year.

If TR8 is Playstation 3 & PC Exclusive then what you gonna do?

Treeble
2nd May 2007, 22:50
Commit suicide, probably. :)

viviminilara
3rd May 2007, 18:28
If TR8 is Playstation 3 & PC Exclusive then what you gonna do?

Anubis, the fact is that: They cannot do that. They would risk to loose a solid but heterogeneous fanbase. They have to remain consistent to what they have said (i refer to CD in particular) during Legend development: a Tomb Raider game has to be played by the larger selection of consoles on the market. Here we have the purpose of the 360/Nintendo version, consoles (and therefore players) that haven't played a Tomb Raider game before. And this new formula worked good!! Legend has conquered new Tomb Raider fans with his graphic and funny gameplay style, not-so-much old school, but beautiful in his own way. I'm sure that Legend wouldn't have sold so much if Cd had decided to develop only for standard Tomb Raider platforms. :rolleyes: Think about it.
Benefits of a multi-platform release are many----for instance they could even make a cheap game in the sense of gameplay but at least they'll make profit from ports. It's better selling few games among many consoles-fanbase than few games between two or three consoles fanbase. This is my opinion. :)
I hope for their gumption. :D Otherwise...Armed revolution! :cool:

Treeble, i will be always by your side! :o Where's the meaning of a PSP version?? :confused:

o°ÅNUBIS°o
4th May 2007, 04:31
Yeah I totally agree, the more the better
though the game may suffer graphically because of it, but that not gonna happen with TR:A as the Wii, Playstation Portable & Playstation 2 versions Anniversary would all look identical
but TR8 as a multiplateform game would suffer graphically
for example, if TR8 used say.....The Main Core & 3 of the Cell's SPE's for animation,dramatic lighting, water effects,etc,etc for PS3
when converting that game build to the 360 things will be removed, graphics will be downgraded
and not because the 360 can't handle them graphics, but because the 360 can't translate that code with the same results.
same applys for 360 to PS3, if the game was designed with 360 in mind like most early next-gen games were
the game would end up only using the Playstation 3 main processing core with no added help from the the other 7 SPE's
so you'll end up with game that half of what it could be graphically
As a Tomb Raider fan I don't want that,or as Treeble says Tomb Raider deserves better:

aussie500
4th May 2007, 14:03
Actually we have heard nothing about Tomb Raider 8 being available for current gen consoles, since it is more than a year away perhaps they would assume most console players would have upgraded to next gen consoles. Last l heard it was PC, PS3 and XBox 360, we will have to wait and see if in 2008 they still think it worthwhile doing a version for the older consoles

Atheist
4th May 2007, 15:07
You're all confuzzinglying me with your scary console langauge :confused:

viviminilara
9th May 2007, 08:34
Just a little question.. Are you going to wait for a Next gen /Wii version (that will be a looong wait i suppose... ;) ) or you'll buy it immediately for one of the standards platforms?? I'm buying for PC...and then saving my money for the 360 version.. ;)

Gamer4Lyfe
9th May 2007, 10:43
I think I'm gonna wait for the 360 version despite the PS2 version calling my name every night. 6-7 months right? I don't know. Tough, very tough. But I've read some stuff on other forums saying due to NDA they have with Eidos they can't say anything about other versions. What they did say was to keep our hopes high. It's certainly gonna happen, but when?

viviminilara
9th May 2007, 12:13
Yes, that's gonna happen :lmao: ... Unfortunately i think that other versions should wait until the next year, if we want a decent version. If God assists us, maybe we could get it at the end of 2007. It's not a long wait after all. :D :rasp:

voltz
9th May 2007, 19:03
Actually we have heard nothing about Tomb Raider 8 being available for current gen consoles, since it is more than a year away perhaps they would assume most console players would have upgraded to next gen consoles. Last l heard it was PC, PS3 and XBox 360, we will have to wait and see if in 2008 they still think it worthwhile doing a version for the older consoles

Several saturn ports to ps come to mind when it comes to features being lost. There really isn't anything believable in your statement other then it's a half-truth based on what you know.

mimycrevette
11th May 2007, 14:06
please, please, please, please, pleaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do it on Xbox360.

Do you think ps2 version will really have the same quality that they show us ? pictures we can find in the web about this version are in 720p minimum...
ps2 version cannot be this way. In fact, TB1 will be awful on hdtv....

pleaseeee, i want to play with a beautiful tomb raider this summer...

viviminilara
11th May 2007, 17:15
do it on Xbox360.

We want it too... :D

CommanderZx2
11th May 2007, 18:54
The so called "next gen" platforms are more expensive to develop for. They probably got the most sales on the PS2 and the PC. So they see no reason to make it for the xbox 360 and PS3.

To be honest I don't care, because I got legend on PC and was planning to get Anniversary on the PC too. It's best on the PC anyway with modding/hacking and all.

o°ÅNUBIS°o
11th May 2007, 23:08
do it on Xbox360.

Do you think ps2 version will really have the same quality that they show us ? pictures we can find in the web about this version are in 720p minimum...
ps2 version cannot be this way. In fact, TB1 will be awful on hdtv....

Just like Legend, Anniversary would be upscaled to 576p if played through the Playstation 3 & HDTV
so it will look like the screens they have been showing, if you have a Playstation 3 then it might be a bit blurrier
for example, God Of War 2 looks better when played on PS3, then it does on PS2

mimycrevette
12th May 2007, 07:04
Just like Legend, Anniversary would be upscaled to 576p if played through the Playstation 3 & HDTV
so it will look like the screens they have been showing, if you have a Playstation 3 then it might be a bit blurrier
for example, God Of War 2 looks better when played on PS3, then it does on PS2

yes, but pictures i saw was 720p or more, i'm sure of it :
http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00473539.jpg : that supose to be on ps2... you can see resolution.... 1280*1018.......
in fact, lara on ps2 will be a giant blurred pixel:D
don't forget 720p is two times better than 576p...
Eidos, please... it's not difficult to adapt PC version on XBOX 360...
why only PC player could play with good resolution :(

aussie500
12th May 2007, 09:38
Actually that is l believe a PC screenshot mimycrevette, the lines look to smooth for the PS2. The only reason really we have not yet got a next gen version of Anniversary is Crystal Dynamics is concentrating on Tomb Raider 8, they simply did not want to delay their new game to do a remake. After Tomb Raider 8 is released we might get a next gen version, if they have time, l doubt very much if they will release a next gen version of Anniversary before Tomb Raider 8.

mimycrevette
12th May 2007, 12:30
**** i dont request TB 1 in a next gen quality.... just would like to have PC version on XBOX 360... I don't think that so difficult to do this conversion because XBOX programation has classical plateform : IBM Power PC core and ATI grafic gard....
TB1 is not just a remake for me (for us ?). It's the game that is the origin of buying my PSX when i was young;) ... then it would be more emotion for me to play this "remake" on my XBOX 360 than playing every new others tomb raider of the world...

viviminilara
12th May 2007, 16:18
**** i dont request TB 1 in a next gen quality.... just would like to have PC version on XBOX 360... I don't think that so difficult to do this conversion because XBOX programation has classical plateform : IBM Power PC core and ATI grafic gard....
TB1 is not just a remake for me (for us ?). It's the game that is the origin of buying my PSX when i was young;) ... then it would be more emotion for me to play this "remake" on my XBOX 360 than playing every new others tomb raider of the world...

Mimycrevette, you're so DAMN right... You know, TR1 mens the same for me... :D Almost forgot: have you signed the petition already? ;)

mimycrevette
12th May 2007, 16:57
sure i did it;)
please, everyone sign the petition !;)

Revelations
12th May 2007, 17:31
The easiest solution is to get a PS2 which retails for $100. It doesn't cost that much, so if you're a true Tomb Raider fan. You would do anything to go get it, right? Well that makes sense to me. Plus, the most possible reason I can conclude to for it (TRA) being released for the PS2 is because it's massive install base, over +120,000,000 owners have the PS2 worldwide. So that equals --Cha-Ching$$:D .

Also, I checked the petition that some kid started (I assume because how it was paragraphed) and it only has like 594 signature's. Not a whole lot of people want to play it on the Xbox 260, probably because they have a PS2 or PC, which they will get. So in my conclusion, I recommend you go purchase a copy of TRA for the PS2 or PC if you're a true Tomb Raider fan.

Long Live Lara Croft.

PS. And stop complaining, they work tirelessly to make a great game for all of us fans to enjoy. Crystal Dynamics deserves respect and gratitude from it's fans. We love you hard working developers at Crystal Dynamics for making a great fun entertaining game for us to enjoy. Keep up the good work and hopefully you'll bring Tomb Raider 8 soon for us die-hard fans. (Oh, Tomb Raider 8 is Next-Gen, kiddies --so stop ...)

viviminilara
12th May 2007, 19:33
What's your problem? :scratch:
First: Stop calling us "Kids". There's no need to insult us.
Second: Just because we'd want a game experience that goes beyond what Ps2 or PC can offer, it doesn't mean we are ungrateful towards Cd and Eidos. And it doesn't mean we won't go to buy the game for one of the standards platforms.
Third: We're NOT complaining, we're sharing ideas, discussing about the possibility to see this game on more platforms, and therefore to see the major number of people coming to enjoy Lara's experience. I cannot grab the situation: why you people simply DON't want this game to be enjoyed by the largest number of people? You look like a fickle/whimsical Kid (now is needed) making all that noise for such a harmless discussion. ****

And, for other users: excuse my vent, but i'm sick and tired of all these Fanboys. So please forgive me. :o

mimycrevette
12th May 2007, 20:14
:) thank you "viviminilara", you told exactly what i wanted to say...
we respect Crystal Dynamics, then, i think it's important to say our opinion...
do you think develloppers should be happy if no one say opinion about they work ?
"Revelations", i think it's very good to hear that lot of people are expecting TB1 on every plateform. Do you think it's better to say : do it only on PS2...because no one will play it on XBOX360... when you are saying that, then YOU are disrespectful

rhavin
12th May 2007, 23:22
There´s no harm in wishing a release for nex gen consoles.

Freedom of speech rules :D Get those signatures and hope for the best guys...

Treeble
12th May 2007, 23:42
It's the only thing we can do... since discussing why it should be released on these other platforms is becoming very tiring and most repetitive. Maybe we should just ask newcomers to read the whole topic before claiming the game is meant to be for Sony's optic cannons only. :rolleyes:

Gamer4Lyfe
13th May 2007, 07:29
:D ;) :D

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Gamer4Lyfe/TRA3601.jpg

viviminilara
13th May 2007, 13:19
:eek: Great Gamer4lyfe!! :D
It looks like NG! :lmao:

viviminilara
13th May 2007, 13:20
It's the only thing we can do... since discussing why it should be released on these other platforms is becoming very tiring and most repetitive. Maybe we should just ask newcomers to read the whole topic before claiming the game is meant to be for Sony's optic cannons only. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Holy words. :D

alanhart2k
14th May 2007, 13:23
Maybe they'll release TR Anniversary on XB Live Arcade, now that would be cool! :D *fingers crossed*

viviminilara
14th May 2007, 14:15
XB Live Arcade? I doubt it. Arcade means those little games, just made to keep you busy in a lazy afternoon. We hope for a complete game! ;)

Mangar The Dark
14th May 2007, 14:34
Not a whole lot of people want to play it on the Xbox 260,

Yes, I completely agree with you. Not a whole lot of people want it for the Xbox 260.

The Xbox and Xbox 360, though, is a whole different matter.

The fact that over 500 people signed that petition is actually quite impressive. Consider the fact that the petition only represents a TINY fraction of the people who are interested in the game for the Xbox. We're talking here just about the diehard fans who hang out on message boards and follow links to the petition. For every person who signed it, I'd guess there are at least another 20 or so who want the game and didn't sign it. That brings the total to over 10,000 people. Then consider the fact that there are Xbox owners who may not be thinking about the game right now, but who would gladly buy it when they're in the store (casual gamers.) That's bound to add another few thousand potential customers.
Eidos WOULD profit by releasing TRA on the Xbox.

As for your logic about "True TR fans would do anything to play the game," well, that's just silly. Some of us enjoy the games, yes, but the thought of spending over $100 to play a game that may keep us entertained for a couple of weeks is a bit extreme (PS2s retail for $130, the game costs about another $30... so we're talking $160 + tax to play one game... that's close to $200. Sorry, but I have better things to spend $200 on than this.)

mimycrevette
14th May 2007, 15:27
Yes, I completely agree with you. Not a whole lot of people want it for the Xbox 260.

The Xbox and Xbox 360, though, is a whole different matter.

The fact that over 500 people signed that petition is actually quite impressive. Consider the fact that the petition only represents a TINY fraction of the people who are interested in the game for the Xbox. We're talking here just about the diehard fans who hang out on message boards and follow links to the petition. For every person who signed it, I'd guess there are at least another 20 or so who want the game and didn't sign it. That brings the total to over 10,000 people. Then consider the fact that there are Xbox owners who may not be thinking about the game right now, but who would gladly buy it when they're in the store (casual gamers.) That's bound to add another few thousand potential customers.
Eidos WOULD profit by releasing TRA on the Xbox.

As for your logic about "True TR fans would do anything to play the game," well, that's just silly. Some of us enjoy the games, yes, but the thought of spending over $100 to play a game that may keep us entertained for a couple of weeks is a bit extreme (PS2s retail for $130, the game costs about another $30... so we're talking $160 + tax to play one game... that's close to $200. Sorry, but I have better things to spend $200 on than this.)

Yes, you're right ! and spend $200 to play it in low resolution is still more anoying^^ and frustrating....

Treeble
14th May 2007, 15:35
Quoting someone else: "We buy games to our consoles, not consoles to our games."

So, except if this game was a first-party game developed by Sony itself, I can only think they're losing money by not getting Nixxes to port it to other platforms.

viviminilara
14th May 2007, 16:15
Mangar The Dark, You said it right. :)
The petition represents a tiny fraction of the whole gamers community. :D

rhavin
14th May 2007, 17:03
Your wish has come true, the game will also be released on the wii

mimycrevette
14th May 2007, 17:26
:mad2: is it a joke ?
i saw tomb raider anniversary will be on wii... all plateform but not on XBOX360 ?:confused: is it a god punishment for all XBOX player :nut: ?

Treeble
14th May 2007, 21:22
Like... ZOMG! *faints*

THANK YOU SO MUCH :thumbsup:

We must press on with the TRA Xbox Cruzade, nevertheless. :)

*dies of unmeasurable happiness and joy*

rabid metro
15th May 2007, 03:43
According to the company's senior brand manager of Tomb Raider, Kahtryn Clements,
the Wii remote and nunchuk open up new ways and unique possibilities of controlling Lara.
Further details are forthcoming. (http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788101p1.html)

sssss wwwwwiiiiiiiiii ttttt !!!!!

this is not to say that other consoles aren't cool, its just that the "wii will, wii wll rock you!"
*starts dancing*
*being completely uninterested in a console war, of any sort, adds this disclaimer*
*i'm merely saying hooray for the wii since it is now being supported. 'nuff said.*

since the "concerning consoles, Tomb Raider is only for PlayStation" myth has been busted,
how long will it be before the xbox port is announced? :cool:
after all, profits is profits!
*senses a new contest about to be announced* :)

"That's life!" That's what the people say! Ridin' high in April ... shot down in May!

CommanderZx2
15th May 2007, 08:26
So it's going to the gamecube with a tv remote after all.

To be honest the Wii controller if anything is actually detrimental to most games.

viviminilara
15th May 2007, 13:18
TREEBLE!!! You're so lucky!!! We MADE IT!!!! I'm happy for you... Now, we have to keep on the struggle for the 360 release.... :D :cool:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3268.html

rabid metro
16th May 2007, 01:42
So it's going to the gamecube with a tv remote after all. ...To be honest the Wii controller if anything is actually detrimental to most games.

stop! ... you won't like me if i'm angry! ... :cool:

*must ... think ... pleasant ... thought: ... ahh ... wii-port ...* :rolleyes:

okay, back to topic here ...
its too bad that corporate politics is messing with what outta be pretty clear:
the more ports of tomb raider there are, the better things are for everyone ...
with the wii-breakthrough, the question now becomes:
when will the xbox port be revealed?
ditto for mac, etc.

after all, profits is profits! :)

*bow wow, yo!, yippee yo, yippee yeah!, bow wow, yippee yo, yippee yeah, rowf!*

They say that "wii-mote envy" means little to most people.