PDA

View Full Version : Legends & Anniversary linked?

TanaisRahn
24th Feb 2007, 11:56
Ok: First time posting so bare with me if this HAS been posted, But:

In Legends we all remarked at how similar Amanda was to Natla from the original game, and then In the last level there were crates marked 'Natla industries' - now we have the remake which, I've noticed that the representation of the scion looks remarkably like the stone pedestal shaping in Legends...

A curved line at the top and to the sides and then a formation in the middle. Could Atlantis and Avalon be connected? Some mythology does state they are the same place....

Your thoughts please :)

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 12:11
Ok: First time posting so bare with me if this HAS been posted, But:

In Legends we all remarked at how similar Amanda was to Natla from the original game, and then In the last level there were crates marked 'Natla industries' - now we have the remake which, I've noticed that the representation of the scion looks remarkably like the stone pedestal shaping in Legends...

A curved line at the top and to the sides and then a formation in the middle. Could Atlantis and Avalon be connected? Some mythology does state they are the same place....

Your thoughts please :)

Welcome aboard Tanais!

A very interesting first post. :thumbsup: I suppose it's possible that they are linked - never looked much into mythology though -, but we haven't seen any of Atlantis or Avalon; so it is possible they might adapt a few things here and there to get a more coehesive (sp?) storyline going on. In either scenario, I think we can safely assume that the storylines that Crystal Dynamics provides in their games, wheter one-offs like TR:A or ongoing series, will be canon.

I've read elsewhere that TopCow will start publishing TR comics again later on this year - am anxious to see whether they'll follow the previous unrelated storylines they kept in the past or if they'll link the comics to the Crystal D games, which would be the wisest choice, IMO.

rabid metro
24th Feb 2007, 22:40
...Could Atlantis and Avalon be connected?...

i would be tickled pink if the (assumed) legendary trilogy, could somehow resolve the contrasting and somewhat divergent story lines between it (legend) and the classic games (TR1-TR6).

however, part of what you noticed in legend was the "easter egg effect", whereby references to previous tomb raiders are literally (and liberally, IMO) sprinkled throught the game. a nice touch! ... :thumbsup:

traiderspy
25th Feb 2007, 03:52
Tanais, a very interesting point you bring up (that I have been somewhat pondering myself)

I'm not thinking that Natla and Amanda are the same person, but rather they work for the same company or perhaps Amanda works for Natla (who mysteriously DIDN'T die... hmm just like Lara!... and Amanda :lol: )

That would be a pretty awesome turn of they were indeed linked and perhaps gave us more of a clue of what the possible(?) TR8 has in store for us! :thumbsup:

I've read elsewhere that TopCow will start publishing TR comics again later on this year - am anxious to see whether they'll follow the previous unrelated storylines they kept in the past or if they'll link the comics to the Crystal D games, which would be the wisest choice, IMO.
Ahh, the first of those comics were absolutely AMAZING ! The drawings, the stories! And then AOD came out, and they "followed" it to a point, which really crappified them:(
Hopefully, they'll go with Legend/Anniversary in that they'll follow her outfits, story, other characters and so on and so forth (perhaps more of a background on Amanda... who is similarly like Ajay, who is in the Tomb Raider Books .. who shares a similiarlity with Angelina (the initials AJ)...who played Lara in the movies :eek:

Wait I confused myself:scratch: