PDA

View Full Version : The Original Music!

Thomas.no
24th Feb 2007, 07:46
The music in TR1 makes my head spin, and my world is a better place:whistle: I really hope they dont change it! Of course they need to redo it, to get the high quality, but dont change it alot!
I hope the feeling of the game will be captured in TRA, cant see how thats possible. The music plays a very big part in the feeling of the game!. :rolleyes:

Now its back to play TR1 on PS1, just for old times sake, and in prepertion of being amased by the upgraded graphics in TR.

And I wnt to say a BIG THX for TRA!!!!

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 09:41
Judging from the trailer, I think we're in for a great treat. Well, I know I ain't gonna be disappointed because Troels did a fantastic job with Legend (say what you might, but I don't think a Tomb Raider soundtrack has ever had as much popularity and awards as Legend did) and they certainly know the feel they want for Anniversary. :)

FallenxFromxLight
24th Feb 2007, 12:36
Judging from the trailer, I think we're in for a great treat. Well, I know I ain't gonna be disappointed because Troels did a fantastic job with Legend (say what you might, but I don't think a Tomb Raider soundtrack has ever had as much popularity and awards as Legend did) and they certainly know the feel they want for Anniversary. :)

The first song in the new Trailer is actually a remade version of one of the tracks from the City of Vilcabamba(sp?) level. I believe it is called "Longing For Home".

So yes, the TR1 feeling will be captured in this because they are using redone versions of the original songs.

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 12:50
It did sound oddly familiar, now you mention it. :)

The original theme also was rearranged and is available for download from some of the fansites.

FallenxFromxLight
24th Feb 2007, 13:04
It did sound oddly familiar, now you mention it. :)

The original theme also was rearranged and is available for download from some of the fansites.

They're doing the right thing by rearranging. Notice how Crystal, rather than do a direct remake, is doing a 're-imagining'. By doing that, they are creating their own version of TR1 without stepping on the original game..which people hold so highly.

Mertz523
25th Feb 2007, 02:42
I love the new Anniversary theme music. It's my profile song on my MySpace with the cover art as my background and some random screenshots from the game at the top of my page. My other friends think I'm crazy :nut:

I'm so pumped for this. Troels is a genius. The Legend soundtrack is a joy on my computer and I am looking forward to listening to his musical vision for Crystal Dynamic's fresh take on the original game.

ggctuk
26th Feb 2007, 16:06
What? The trailer with the guide?

That track was Where the Depths Unfold. You can find the original almost anywhere now, but Nathan McCree's site has the three tracks compiled into one, and my fan reimagining of the trailer has that track and The T-Rex, as I call it (If anybody can give me the real name, that's good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAlJJRlkjg (No Natla/Lara conversation, just music and SFX