PDA

View Full Version : CD-ROM disc messign w/XP?

Lord_Zath
23rd Feb 2007, 17:32
I have noticed two problems with the CD-ROM disc in while starting up my computer.

1. The computer would hang on "booting from CD-ROM" check to see if the disc is a boot disc. I fixed this problem by having the computer boot from hard drive first.

2. If the BSM CD-ROM is in my drive while Windows is starting, the system hangs just after the Windows XP loading screen and before it shows my dekstop. I can fix it by ejecting the drive.

Anyone else having these issues? I also noticed that it sometimes takes a while for the disc to be recognized by Windows so that I can play.

chip5541
23rd Feb 2007, 19:52
Not on my end. In fact I have had mine in my drive from weeks. What virus checker do you use? Do you use Norton System Works? Have you checked your system for spyware/viruses lately?

Lord_Zath
27th Feb 2007, 19:17
Not on my end. In fact I have had mine in my drive from weeks. What virus checker do you use? Do you use Norton System Works? Have you checked your system for spyware/viruses lately?

I use Avast Antivirus. I check for spyware/viruses every day using Adaware.

It's weird; my laptop doesn't give me this problem, yet the pc does. Just figured I'd ask to see if anyone else had this problem.