PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with liberations/settlements

bladeoner
23rd Feb 2007, 17:23
Is there someone who can explain how the settlements work?

I read on gamefaqs dot com that you have to play some single player missions and then the part of the map that is colored red in the political map you can liberate/settle.

I got many red colored parts of the map, but when i go to the liberate/settlement icons there is nobody/nothing i see that i can use/do/active or something (i'm talking about "the house" icons on the normal map black, green/blue colored).

I hope someone can explain to me how it works.

Kind regards,

Bladoner

cazzer
23rd Feb 2007, 17:58
i'm not sure about the house icon bit.:scratch:
but when you liberate a place that is in a certain area that area turns green.
green=guerilla controlled, red=government controlled or politically unstable.
also when you liberate a place near a locked safehouse you get that safehouse.
this is how as far as i can see the settlement liberation works.:D

bladeoner
23rd Feb 2007, 18:02
That was not my question, i wanted to know how to liberate or do a settlement, through story mission, do i have to speak to someone, do i have to shoot someone?

SagaciousElder
23rd Feb 2007, 21:49
You have to go for the green/yellow ! marks, not the square house icon (I don't know why they put that in). If you are in a politically unstable area, you can activate liberations by pushing default 'E' to talk to them. Otherwise (which most people don't realize), it won't allow you to do a liberation but a side quest. You then have to complete more main story missions. Lastly, you might not see the guerilla/cartel leader instantly, which happened to me, you have to wait a minute or two or walk away and come back. I think this is the avalanche system catching up, also why cars appear out of no where.:mad2:

Hope this helps

~God

rtm1137
24th Feb 2007, 04:57
Look on your map. You will see Green exlamation points (or yellow) those are where guerrilla leaders (or rioja leaders) are and their army's to start a liberation of that town or villiage. (or montano settlement for rioja)
go there, talk to the guerillla, and the liberation will start.

bladeoner
24th Feb 2007, 12:03
So what i have to go to the exclamation and start a liberating by pushing down a other button then (i play it on the xbox 360) so that will be the A button i don't have to push (the a button is for side missions). So i have to try another button next to the guy, i will try that and will let you guys know if that worked.

SagaciousElder
24th Feb 2007, 20:27
For the 360, you need to push the A button; if it's for side missions, then you aren't in a politically unstable area.

bladeoner
26th Feb 2007, 16:34
I tested it the weekend and it worked thank you all for the quick response.
As SagaciousElder said i had to push 'a' in a politically unstable area i don't own yet and then i can start a liberation.