PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Some more feedback

SushiViking
17th Oct 2013, 19:27
Today was another successful run with some good stuff, bugs and my opinions thrown in for good measure.

I decided to try out the other four characters I didn't play on tuesday. While I haven't been able to try out all the abilities, I feel the human side is really fun to play. The alchemist was pretty difficult since the grenade launcher takes some time to get used to, but is really good once you've figured it out. Sentinel's camera during flight is excellent. Being able to observe what's going on below while still maintaining altitude is crucial. The kidnap ability seems really hard to land, although I did not have much practice with it. Perhaps it would be a good idea to give a small indicator where your target has to be for it to be successful? However this probably won't be an issue once you actually get the hang of it. I'd also like to say I'm impressed with how well the vampires climbing works, it's extremely fluid and fun to use.

I discovered one very annoying bug with the Reaver. When using pounce on a human near a doorway, I always got stuck mid-air while traveling through it which left both of us unable to move. After a few seconds the pounce would cancel, leaving the human unharmed and me vulnerable. Another bug was when I tried to delete my expired Warbow. I got some kind of error message which made me unable to get rid of it. I could still buy a new one, but after some period of time this would clog up the inventory with loads of duplicate expired items.

One thing that bugged me a bit today was that there is no longer a 1-day purchase option for the items. I feel this is a very good way to try out different weapons, abilities etc. for a relatively low price. While it is expensive compared to the 7-day option, you still save money if you don't like what you bought. This also makes it easier for us to try out things since we don't have enough time to earn gold. I feel it would be pretty neat if humans were able to jump short gaps by sprinting of the edge like vampires. Maybe even climb short obstacles, though this might interfere with the balance.

I also have a few questions which I hope may be answered. Could you possibly give any information about the microtransaction? I'd like to know how much the runes will cost, what bundles will be available for purchase etc. This lets us testers give some input about the gold/rune balance, and how reasonable the price of costumes are. I also noticed a key was available for purchase for 500 runes. How common will the treasure chests be, and what can we expect to find inside them?

This is all I'm able to recall at this moment. I had even more enjoyment today since I got the hang of the basics last time. I hope my feedback is of some use and you can answer atleast a few of my questions. I'm looking forward to the next phase!

Psyonix_Corey
17th Oct 2013, 21:52
I also have a few questions which I hope may be answered. Could you possibly give any information about the microtransaction? I'd like to know how much the runes will cost, what bundles will be available for purchase etc. This lets us testers give some input about the gold/rune balance, and how reasonable the price of costumes are. I also noticed a key was available for purchase for 500 runes. How common will the treasure chests be, and what can we expect to find inside them?

Right now Runestones are 200 for $1 US.

Alternate skins are 1000 runes ($5).

Keys are 500 runes ($2.50 - same as TF2/DOTA2).

SushiViking
18th Oct 2013, 11:25
Thanks. The prices seem very reasonable and close to other free to play games.