PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Anniversary - First Contact

GoranAgar
22nd Feb 2007, 15:59
The fine folks of Eidos Germany invited my wife CatSuit&Ponytail and me to have a first glance at the newest first adventure of Lara Croft. So last Monday we went to Hamburg to have the first look at what CD has been cooking for us.

And what an adventure it was. You could feel the excitement all around and see the people in the Eidos office glowing. And for good reason. What we got to see was stunning. It was the best I have ever seen on a PS2. It is amazing what CD was able to squeeze out of that little thing. :D

After salutations and an Eidos-mug full of good tea we were shown IT. The game. Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Geez, I wish you could have been there. It was magical. Lara was magical.

Remember when I kept saying: "Yes, Crystal Dynamics is reading all of your comments and suggestions."? Well, they were not only reading, they were listening.

Here are a few things I, as a Tomb Raider gamer, found worth mentioning to you, my fellow gamers.

As Lara appeared on the screen and the "Start Game" Option got selected, it asked if you would like to play as a real Tomb Raider. This means nothing less than that you can turn off the hints and the auto grab. ... Woah! HFCIT? :D (I insist that this makes it into the final version. ... anyone still listening? :D )

Then the gameplay started. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. It was as if Scotty himself gave that little PS2 an extra boost of Anti-Matter to even exceed Warp 10.

Let's get to the juice (remember, we saw a pre-something-version. Nothing is written in stone yet):

As in Legend, there will be unlockable outfits. And quite a few cool ones. ;) We won't spoil the surprise though.

Secrets. Remember that lovely secret chime from old times? ... It's back. ...and it gave me shivers.

Slide Jumps. Those nasty wonderful buggers are back too. I missed them, now they are back too.

No one was talking constantly into your ear, just the birds. ... and kitties (boy, they are fast) and alligators and mummies.

She dies beautifully in several wonderful ways. :)

There was no constant music. Just TR1-like ambient sound with the occasional orchestral insertion to give you a little more tension and thrill. :D

Movement, fighting and camera is basically an improved version of what we saw in Legend. The camera is not fixed behind Lara and she is not holding her guns in her classic way. However we are still hopeful that in the final release the camera will be able to be swung to show her face when she shoots if the player so desires, and we hope Lara's hands will hold the guns while she walks and crouches in her classic position.

The version we saw looked solid and I could not detect any serious flaws. We have something excellent to look forward to.

One last word to the folks from Eidos Germany: Sorry for drooling all over your carpet. ;)

http://www.catagar.com/treasure/TR-A-Eidos_2007-02-19-CatandGor.jpg

If you feel like borrowing this little essay, I expect you to add a link to this forum.

yesrushdt
22nd Feb 2007, 16:13
Very cool you two were able to try it out! Having that no hints/no autograb option would be great if it made the final version. The harder the better!

Acceber
22nd Feb 2007, 16:22
An excellent report, with an excellent picture. I can't wait for April or whenever. :D Thanks very much for sharing. :) :thumbsup:

Raider0011
22nd Feb 2007, 16:57
Very exciting and a great write up. Now we just need the XBox 360 version to be announced.

:)

burt_ie
22nd Feb 2007, 17:04
"As Lara appeared on the screen and the "Start Game" Option got selected, it asked if you would like to play as a real Tomb Raider. This means nothing less than that you can turn off the hints and the auto grab. ... Woah! HFCIT? (I insist that this makes it into the final version. ... anyone still listening?"

WOW!! I am sooo glad they have made it an option to turn them off! :D :thumbsup:

Well done....I hope it stays in the final version :D

Treeble
22nd Feb 2007, 20:35
Remember when I kept saying: "Yes, Crystal Dynamics is reading all of your comments and suggestions."? Well, they were not only reading, they were listening.

In that case, why are Wii being ignored? :(

(thanks for the otherwise fantastic news, though)

Mertz523
22nd Feb 2007, 23:42
One word...

One syllable...

Three letters...

WOW

rabid metro
23rd Feb 2007, 01:00
The fine folks of Eidos Germany invited my wife CatSuit&Ponytail and me to have a first glance at the newest first adventure of Lara Croft. ...

And what an adventure it was...

As Lara appeared on the screen and the "Start Game" Option got selected, it asked if you would like to play as a real Tomb Raider. This means nothing less than that you can turn off the hints and the auto grab. ... Woah! HFCIT? :D ...

... way cool! how do we make it so?

Then the gameplay started. Beautiful. Simply beautiful...

Movement, fighting and camera is basically an improved version of what we saw in Legend...

crystal dynamics- hip, hip, hooray!!!

goran and cat, thanx guys.
i was already anxious about the release ...
and now i'm just about ready to explode!!!

http://www.catagar.com/treasure/TR-A-Eidos_2007-02-19b-CatandGor.jpg

...ummm, guys, from the picture, is it correct that cat has powers in her fingers not normally associated with mere mortals? :)

btw, you guys make a lovely couple ...

raid on!

GoranAgar
23rd Feb 2007, 09:25
Now we just need the XBox 360 version to be announced.

In that case, why are Wii being ignored?
Maybe the next generation staff is working on something else? :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
23rd Feb 2007, 09:57
... way cool! how do we make it so?
I don't entirely understand your question, it's a choice that one could click before playing, "hints and autograb or classic"...or some words to that effect. You clicked one and Bob's-your-Uncle. :)

crystal dynamics- hip, hip, hooray!!! Hooray! :D

Goran and Cat, thanx guys.
i was already anxious about the release ...
and now i'm just about ready to explode!!! You are all welcome, it was entirely our pleasure ;)

http://www.catagar.com/treasure/TR-A-Eidos_2007-02-19b-CatandGor.jpg

...ummm, guys, from the picture, is it correct that Cat has powers in her fingers not normally associated with mere mortals? :) Ummmm :o It's either my Magic Tingly Finger Power or My Freeze Touch you see there.... ;)

btw, you guys make a lovely couple ...

raid on!Thank you very much, :) We will, hehehehe

kiss-bite
23rd Feb 2007, 11:11
Great image!:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing, my excitement for TRA has just increased more!:D The features you highlighted sound great!:)

Alexlovesguns
23rd Feb 2007, 11:35
Thats quite cool, there is nothing better than reading positive impressions from real TR fans.

Thanks alot to you both, nice pic btw :) .

munchkin
23rd Feb 2007, 13:49
wow ... now i'm even more excited (if that is possible ;)

beccaxx

CatSuit&Ponytail
23rd Feb 2007, 15:23
Addendum:

The wall run move in the part we saw was used as a seamless addition to Lara's usual repertoire of acrobatic stunts. I noticed that the early games often had handy vines and ropes to cling to swing on and climb up.....now Lara carries her own with her grapple hook. It's a retelling of the classic game strategy. As with the handy vines, the placement of the outcroppings she can use her grapple hook on are of course based on where it's needed for the motion puzzle. I really see no difference, but a more believable update to the usual way over obstacles. She sees a room, sees how she can maneuver around the room to get to the spot she needs to, same as she always did. :thumbsup:

Treeble
23rd Feb 2007, 15:30
Maybe the next generation staff is working on something else? :)

In that case, what of the GameCube and the Xbox? :(

Trinity88
23rd Feb 2007, 15:51
WOW, this all sounds really exciting i hope the 'real' tomb raider option makes it to the final version!!!

Also Just out of curiousity did any of you notice if the pistols had been properly aligned with the holsters yet?

Thanks for sharing this great news guys!!!:D

CatSuit&Ponytail
23rd Feb 2007, 16:10
I noticed that they were most of the time I looked. :D But she was tumbling and running and shooting and such. ;) I'll pay closer attention next time ;)

I wanted to say here though, the water in a pool we saw was amazing. The bubble streams coming off Lara as she swam, the murkiness and distortions in the water, the wet effect of her body and clothes, it's all stunningly well crafted and believable. And that was on the PS2 :D It's so amazing how pretty it all is going to be. :)

Advent-Lara
23rd Feb 2007, 17:53
Wow! was it klike hard or easy and fast as legend?

StarChampagne
23rd Feb 2007, 20:48
Wow! :cool:

Thank you very much for the info - it's sounding fantastic! I can barely wait. If I was looking forward to it before, now I'm very excited :)

As for CD listening to us... I wonder if they laugh or despair over the more minor complaints? :rolleyes:

Captain Mazda
23rd Feb 2007, 21:16
Lol, excellent. Looks like you two had quite a blast.

austinwolfclaw
24th Feb 2007, 00:22
That guy looks like Shane McMahon

rabid metro
24th Feb 2007, 02:28
This means nothing less than that you can turn off the hints and the autograb ... (I insist that this makes it into the final version ... anyone still listening???)
... way cool. how do we make it so?
I don't entirely understand your question...
i'm guessing that "picard-speak" doesn't work too well here ... :cool: hopefully, the quote sequence helps.
Goran mentioned that this feature was in the current demo but ...
i was merely asking how we could make SURE that this feature really would make it into the actual game. :)
is there really a chance that it wouldn't?

*which is more lethal?*
*finger freeze touch or cold toe of no-spooning*

DanO-mulder
25th Feb 2007, 05:34
Man, am I jealous ;)

Hiya Goran and Cat :) miss ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello's from Ma, and Maggie and I :)

Love ya :)

ahimsa
25th Feb 2007, 11:22
I wasn't going to buy the game, but they have done so much to make it nice for everyone and the graphics are so amazing that despite the things about the new moves she has, I will be getting the game when it comes out.

Thanks for posting this. You two are beyond lucky to have gotten to do this.

Martin C
25th Feb 2007, 19:47
Thanks for the hard work you guys put in for us, I'm getting so excited about TR:A I could explode now. :D

I'm praying for the option to play the game with classic Tomb Raider controls plus I hope they keep the option for future games as well so we have the option to play the games as we want to play them. :)

Btw fantastic photo and keep up the great work *huggles*

Martin C x

Dad
25th Feb 2007, 20:58
This is good to hear. Thanks for the update GA and Catsuit. :)

Wo, Look it's Mulder where have you been? Lost in WOW? If you see my son in there bring him back will ya. :lmao:

Martin C
25th Feb 2007, 20:59
lol funny you mentioning WoW, I just recently gave up my addiction to that, lost 2 years to it grr :p

Martin C x

Johnny
26th Feb 2007, 15:42
AMAZING!!! :D Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Tigerman68
26th Feb 2007, 17:38
Wow...now, I'm even more psyched...and I didn't think that was possible!! :D Thanks for sharing all the info!!

One question...did you have a chance to look at the PC version on your trip, or did anyone discuss with you whether the PC version varied in quality of graphics or playability to the PS version?

Thanks again, guys! Awesome work!

Raider0011
26th Feb 2007, 20:31
Stupid question, but you didn't happen to see TR: Anniversary running on an XBox 360 or Wii Dev. Kit did you? lol I really wish Eidos would announce versions of Anniversary for the XBox 360 and Wii... :(

CatSuit&Ponytail
27th Feb 2007, 09:30
Thanks for your kind comments everyone, this game is looking so smooth. :)

* ...cold paw of no-spooning*
How did you know about my secret super power. :p

Man, am I jealous ;)

Hiya Goran and Cat :) miss ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello's from Ma, and Maggie and I :)

Love ya :)

MULDER! *Lays a big wet one on Mulder and AmO, and chases Maggie for hers...* :lol:

One question...did you have a chance to look at the PC version on your trip, or did anyone discuss with you whether the PC version varied in quality of graphics or playability to the PS version?

We did not see the PC version, but were told they would probably be the same-ish. And the PS2 version looked so sweeeet. :D

imported_Mark_
27th Feb 2007, 18:19
Thanks for the info, Goran & Cat! :thumbsup:

WSallai
2nd Mar 2007, 00:46
I'm looking forward to the release of another adventure for Lara, but would love to see it come out on the new PlayStation3 platform. Is this in the works?

Thanks & Best Regards!

Cherry Hardy
2nd Mar 2007, 22:52
I think if you put the Lenged (cont.) game on ps3 you should also put it on ps2 for those who don't have the system yet. that whay if you make another tombraider game ofter the lenged (cont.) game people are shour to have a ps3 by that time. don't live the people that don't have a ps3 out yet.

Cherry Hardy
2nd Mar 2007, 23:15
Stupid question, but you didn't happen to see TR: Anniversary running on an XBox 360 or Wii Dev. Kit did you? lol I really wish Eidos would announce versions of Anniversary for the XBox 360 and Wii... :(
No I did not

WSallai
3rd Mar 2007, 01:12
I think if you put the Lenged (cont.) game on ps3 you should also put it on ps2 for those who don't have the system yet. that whay if you make another tombraider game ofter the lenged (cont.) game people are shour to have a ps3 by that time. don't live the people that don't have a ps3 out yet.

What I am hoping for is Lara to "run" on the PlayStation3, utilizing its new capabilities as a seperate game release from PS2. The PS2 games are supposed to be able to run on PS3, a backward compatability feature. This is great, but there are so many nicer things about the PS3 that would make the gaming better. :thumbsup:

Mad Axeman
7th Mar 2007, 12:45
As Lara appeared on the screen and the "Start Game" Option got selected, it asked if you would like to play as a real Tomb Raider. This means nothing less than that you can turn off the hints and the auto grab. ... Woah! HFCIT? :D (I insist that this makes it into the final version. ... anyone still listening? :D )

EXCELLENT :D
TRL should have been named 'TR4idiots' :nut:

rabid metro
7th Mar 2007, 13:22
^ :rolleyes: ^ :rolleyes: ^ :rolleyes: ^ :rolleyes: ^ :whistle:

Martin C
7th Mar 2007, 16:28
People seem to slate the autograb feature alot but I always look at it with a positive mentality. Could you pull off most of the moves you are able to with the same fluid motions that Lara can with the autograb feature? I'll leave that one for you to decide. ;)

Martin C x

BlueSkiesXXV
7th Mar 2007, 17:01
Thanks for the info you two...much appreciated :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
7th Mar 2007, 17:32
People seem to slate the autograb feature alot but I always look at it with a positive mentality. Could you pull off most of the moves you are able to with the same fluid motions that Lara can with the autograb feature? I'll leave that one for you to decide. ;)

Martin C x
Ctrl (action) while stepping backwards off a ledge was "autograb" enough for me. I felt like I was in control. She'd do it when and if I decided she do it, and that's what I want in a game like this. Ctrl +^ and she climbs, Ctrl +v and she drops off a ledge. Perfection. ;)

You are all welcome, it's been our pleasure. :D :cool:

Treeble
7th Mar 2007, 22:16
But doesn't that mean holding action (ctrl) down all the time? I mean, climbing up ledges and hopping them up and down is a lot easier (and provide a lot more entertainment) when you don't have to worry whether you are keeping it pressed or not. I don't think even Legend would be playable at all if they kept the old control style. :scratch:

RuumTaedor
8th Mar 2007, 06:09
Not quite, Treeble. With the classic controls, you're not holding down ctrl all the time, but whenever you want to hold on to something like a ledge. If you're just running around, ctrl is not required. With Legend, you aim for a ledge and go and Lara auto-grabs the ledge. I agree that it is easy, but what if you want to run off the ledge? One problem I had while getting used to the controls was Lara would auto-grab if I tried to jump right at a ledge, then I had to get back up, turn around, and jump further from the ledge. With the classic controls, you had to go out of your way to hang from a ledge. If you ran off a ledge, there was nothing to stop you. So, I agree that auto-grab is easier, but not necessarily more entertaining for everyone. I would rather climb up and down ledges without auto-assist. It's just one's preference.

I must add, though, that in Legend, the idea of pressing a key to match Lara's rhythm to climb faster was a brilliant idea. It made climbing more interactive, not so different from holding ctrl when climbing.

Taylour
9th Mar 2007, 00:38
But doesn't that mean holding action (ctrl) down all the time? I mean, climbing up ledges and hopping them up and down is a lot easier (and provide a lot more entertainment) when you don't have to worry whether you are keeping it pressed or not. I don't think even Legend would be playable at all if they kept the old control style.

The one part of the grab feature I didn't like in the classics was that you had to hold the action button whenever you were trying to climb up something long. By fingers started to hurt haha :)

Treeble
9th Mar 2007, 01:07
See what you mean, Ruum, but in the old games Lara wasn't as quick as she is in Legend and definitely, if Legend had the old school control style it would end up being like AOD controlwise I'm afraid. Can you imagine how clumsy the leparkour maneuvres on the ledges would be? We'd inevitably keep holding ctrl all the time and then the arrows plus the alt to jump to the next platforms, immediately holding ctrl to prevent her from falling off. I think the tank control (including "action" for grabbing) scheme works perfectly for the older games, but that's where they should remain, IMO. I'll still play Anniversary with the autograb off option anyway, I'm dead sure I'll replay that game to death, just as I did with Legend. And if it comes out on a Nintendo platform eventually, that's what's good becomes even better. :D

RuumTaedor
9th Mar 2007, 15:34
I hadn't thought of that, Treeble. Maybe the classic controls are just better suited to the classic games, and the new controls are better suited to the new games. However, the interesting question is: if, as you mentioned, there is an option to turn off auto-grab in Anniversary, I wonder how grabbing will be implemented, by pressing...a key?!? And yes, I'll probably play Anniversary to death too.

Sofi
11th Mar 2007, 15:00
:cool: que grosso!!

i didnt know that this kind of things could happen
it must be a very interesting experience :D

im very happy with those news.. idint know what else they could do for making a better TR :D
thanks for sharing, means a lot

im really new at posting, at forums in general
also im from argentina, thats why im sorry if i didn eplain myself clearly n_nU

you both look like mulder and scully from the x files ^-^

Ostercy
12th Mar 2007, 19:00
I'm jealous. If only they loved us fan fiction writers as much ...

Tomb-Dude
15th Mar 2007, 19:58
(just signed up as u can tell from all of other post ive done so far!)

But WOW.... speechless like hell!!! Can't wait for it, i think it is going to be fantastic!!! If the turn on/off auto grab i will play once though with auto grab and then again without auto grab and unlike legend it wont be lenear (how ever you spell it) so i can go a complete different way or maybe not completly but yer!!!! Cant wait!!!!! :D :D :D

aussie500
16th Mar 2007, 04:16
Welcome to the forum Tomb-Dude-92
l see the picture that was originally on the TV has finally made a full appearance. Very nice looking beetle that, so perhaps we will see some new enemies after all :whistle:

Undiscovered_Tomb
18th Mar 2007, 02:15
yall are soooo lucky to be able to play tomb raider anniversary 2 months before it comes out!!

was it the full game yall played or just a short demo like part? :D

vinica
18th Mar 2007, 11:40
Cool. The report is great!:)

shaq
19th Mar 2007, 14:13
Goran please send me the demo of Egypt level when it will be available :rolleyes:

[Angelus
22nd Mar 2007, 21:36
You're so lucky! Just you wait until 25th May... we'll all be lucky! :rasp:

Miss. Croft
25th Mar 2007, 02:10
from what you guys wrote (and from what ive read and heard) that anniversary sounds really good!;)

k-finn
25th Mar 2007, 18:55
NEVER MIND MAY!!! JUST BRING THE GAME OUT NOW!!! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER LOL:nut:

tombraider 23
26th Mar 2007, 16:37
wow man thank you for sharing this thing with us. can :thumbsup:
can you tell my when it is comming out?
tnx
see ya

JunoJIm
26th Mar 2007, 17:45
That's great that you got to preview Anniversary !!!

It sounds like it'll be really good - I DO like that old 'found secret" sound... now if they'd add the "umph!" when she runs into a wall... LOL

I see a lot of the old timers here - it's hard to believe it's been sooooo many years...

Jewel
28th Mar 2007, 06:05
Nice info, Goran...wish I could have been there, too...

Looks like I may finish Legend just in time to get this installment! I need to be careful though...I feel like I'm falling into the TR trap... You know the one...you don't want to do anything else!

:)

RussianBerry
29th Mar 2007, 09:35
I hope the game will remind TR1, because I didn't play it and I'm still thinking that I missed something. I believe that it won't look like another one Legend's level.
In Russia every fan is in very critical mood - they still remember classic Croft. My friend ashka (you may know him, hi is a moderator of two russian and two international forums) says, that the game must have Tomb Raider's Spirit, or it will be nothing.

GoranAgar
29th Mar 2007, 09:37
Nice info, Goran...wish I could have been there, too...
That would have been fun. ;)

We might be going again to look at the PC version. :D

sugarcoatedcandyman
1st Apr 2007, 21:55
The fine folks of Eidos Germany invited my wife CatSuit&Ponytail and me to have a first glance at the newest first adventure of Lara Croft. So last Monday we went to Hamburg to have the first look at what CD has been cooking for us.

And what an adventure it was. You could feel the excitement all around and see the people in the Eidos office glowing. And for good reason. What we got to see was stunning. It was the best I have ever seen on a PS2. It is amazing what CD was able to squeeze out of that little thing. :D

After salutations and an Eidos-mug full of good tea we were shown IT. The game. Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Geez, I wish you could have been there. It was magical. Lara was magical.

Here are a few things I, as a Tomb Raider gamer, found worth mentioning to you, my fellow gamers.

Then the gameplay started. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. It was as if Scotty himself gave that little PS2 an extra boost of Anti-Matter to even exceed Warp 10.

Let's get to the juice (remember, we saw a pre-something-version. Nothing is written in stone yet):

As in Legend, there will be unlockable outfits. And quite a few cool ones. ;) We won't spoil the surprise though.

Secrets. Remember that lovely secret chime from old times? ... It's back. ...and it gave me shivers.

Slide Jumps. Those nasty wonderful buggers are back too. I missed them, now they are back too.

No one was talking constantly into your ear, just the birds. ... and kitties (boy, they are fast) and alligators and mummies.

She dies beautifully in several wonderful ways. :)

There was no constant music. Just TR1-like ambient sound with the occasional orchestral insertion to give you a little more tension and thrill. :D

Movement, fighting and camera is basically an improved version of what we saw in Legend. The camera is not fixed behind Lara and she is not holding her guns in her classic way. However we are still hopeful that in the final release the camera will be able to be swung to show her face when she shoots if the player so desires, and we hope Lara's hands will hold the guns while she walks and crouches in her classic position.

The version we saw looked solid and I could not detect any serious flaws. We have something excellent to look forward to.

One last word to the folks from Eidos Germany: Sorry for drooling all over your carpet. ;)

http://www.catagar.com/treasure/TR-A-Eidos_2007-02-19-CatandGor.jpg

If you feel like borrowing this little essay, I expect you to add a link to this forum.

I'm sorry to seem like the negative person here, but it seems highly unlikely that only you 2 got to go to eidos and play it if you aren't eidos staff
If you guys are I am sorry for the confusion

RuumTaedor
2nd Apr 2007, 01:19
I'm sorry to seem like the negative person here, but it seems highly unlikely that only you 2 got to go to eidos and play it if you aren't eidos staff

Huh? You haven't been here too long, have you CandyMan. Just a sec, let me check...ah yes, not long indeed. That's quite an entrance you've made. Aren't you happy to see what Goran and Cat have shown us? Just a suggestion, but instead of stating something that seems "highly unlikely" to you (and a bit unkind) about someone I assume you know nothing about, perhaps you could have asked a question of Goran and Cat, whom I'm certain would have been happy to answer. I think you need a bit more of that sugar coating. :) Don't worry, your fate isn't sealed (yet). We're a forgiving bunch. ;)

rabid metro
2nd Apr 2007, 04:38
Huh? You haven't been here too long, have you CandyMan...

candy, real quick ... take a look at the badges in the name and title fields for the posts of Goran (i.e. #1 and #9) and Catsuit (i.e. #10) in this thread. you're probably starting to wonder how they could hack into the titles like that and why Eidos doesn't do something about it ...

if you can't see those badges then let be more clear: the badges say Eidos Admin. yep!
lucky you, these are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet! and i'm certain they'll accept your apology (offered in advance).
ohh, and embrace the name Ruum Taedor also. outside of the admins, he's probably the only other sane soul around here.

when you see my name,"fly, you fool!", 'cause i eat m&m's for breakfast ... slowly, one piece at a time, after i sort them by colors (hee hee), and don't even pretend that you might be a skittle or a jelly bean, same story!

BTW, welcome aboard! everybody is entitled to a mistake now and then... :cool:

RuumTaedor
2nd Apr 2007, 05:02
lucky you, these are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet!

That's true, plus they're fortunate to have you and me as "sidekicks".

and i'm certain they'll accept your apology (offered in advance).

Good point, I should have thought of that.

We make a great team, Mr. Metro. Gimmie 5 bro *slaps rabid's hands*.

GoranAgar
2nd Apr 2007, 07:06
I am glad you are enjoying yourselves. Now give the guy some room to breath. ;)

munchkin
2nd Apr 2007, 12:11
Every so often i come and re-read what you guys did and how the game was then :rolleyes: i'm sooo looking forward to playing this, and playing it some more.

It is a very good job that this year we finish lectures at the beggining of May :) so i have the whole summer to imerse in TR :)

Sugarcoatedcandyman :) welcome to the boards ;) Goran and Cat are Eidos Admin :) and are lovely (from what i have seen of them on the forums here)

Ruum and Rabid are lovely nutters ... a bit of a double act ;)

have fun

beccaxx

marilara
2nd Apr 2007, 16:20
Oh god I don't think I can waiiiiiiit till May!! :mad2:

grant white
2nd Apr 2007, 21:06
wow cant wait to get this, looks fantastic, i have followed tombraider from the start, love her

Tigerman68
3rd Apr 2007, 17:21
We might be going again to look at the PC version. :D

Man, I hope so! TRA will be bought for my laptop and I'm eager to see what it will look like. TRL, from what I hear, was pretty much the same (graphics wise) on the PS2 as it was on the computer (unless you were one of the fortunate souls that got the Next Gen. to work). Of course, my top choice would be getting it on my Xbox 360, but we know that's out of the question and why continue to beat a dead horse, right? :D Anyways, I hope you guys get to go. You came back with awesome news the first time, so I'm sure you will the second time if you get to go. Thanks for being our eyes and ears! :thumbsup:

StarChampagne
5th Apr 2007, 19:56
Ahhh, candyman, Goran and Cat are much more important than us mere mortals :) So much so that they get to see the Tomb Raider game before us lot in all its commerative glory :D Lucky things! But it's great to see the picture. I can see what's on the screen now :)

Ruum and Rabid are lovely nutters ... a bit of a double act ;)

Hehe :lol:

Phlip
5th Apr 2007, 20:01
That was an interesting read :thumbsup:

So sinse that image isn't censored is it official?

tombraiderquan
8th Apr 2007, 01:34

this is nice i cant wait in untill may 25 im counting down!!!!!!!!! :)

tomb raider for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ziad
8th Apr 2007, 17:25
i can't wait untill this game comes out... and yay a normal grapple... no autograb (hopefully if that choice is still there in the final version) i think i'm actually starting to like CD, *smily face*

sugarcoatedcandyman
8th Apr 2007, 18:19
Just a suggestion, but instead of stating something that seems "highly unlikely" to you (and a bit unkind) about someone I assume you know nothing about, perhaps you could have asked a question of Goran and Cat, whom I'm certain would have been happy to answer.

Oh, ok then, sorry about the mix-up! btw, about the tomb raider anniversary, it seems that all the areas are the same scale 10 years ago, except the lost valley. Is that true, or am I mistaken? Also, are the dual magnums back, or is that a stupid question?

with all due respect,

Sugarcoatedcandyman

P.S. Sorry that I came off like I was mean, it just seemed like Goran and Cat are normal people and not eidos admin's. :confused:

[Angelus
8th Apr 2007, 19:31
The scale has been made a lot larger for Anniversary. :D

And the magnums will apparently be in the game, but they haven't been officially confirmed.

:thumbsup:

RuumTaedor
9th Apr 2007, 00:28
P.S. Sorry that I came off like I was mean

No problem, as far as I'm concerned. Glad to hear it, Friend. :)

it just seemed like Goran and Cat are normal people and not eidos admin's. :confused:

LOL so it's either normal or admin. I think I understand your intent, but to me it seems like you're trying but digging yourself deeper! LOL. Good to have you aboard, CandyMan. :D

Lo
9th Apr 2007, 11:28
Thank you to Goran and Cat for the excellent post, information and pictures.

You do make a lovely couple incidentally - I can imagine you both battling to get access to the computer (unless you have more than one), seeing who can progress the farthest in a session ;)

I used to have a friend over for weekends and we would do little else but Raid inbetween snacks and a few beers :D TR2 was usually the game we'd play and we would each start from The Great Wall and save in seperate slots, taking it in turns as and when we died. Of course it is quite hard to die in TR2 if you are a seasoned and experienced Raider but it becomes rather easy actually when you are being watched - once the pressure is on you make the most ludicrous mistakes. I even managed to side-flip off a high ledge instead of jumping straight over and on to get the dragon :lol:

NightRain'06
9th Apr 2007, 15:34
...... She dies beautifully in several wonderful ways. :) ...............

I just skipped to this part and I have to know.

Do you know if there will be a bones shattering/crunching sound when she falls off something and dies instead of a ridiculous rag doll drop sound I heard in TRL ?
'Cause I miss that bone crunch sound badly. :lmao:

~~
Thanks for providing us the scoop !!

Lo
9th Apr 2007, 15:50
Talking of the bone-crunching sound effect, I often wondered if this was her legs that broke or her neck. She clearly dies either way but I always assumed it was her legs that made the cracking sound as they sometimes end up twisted :D

Legend_of_Lara
9th Apr 2007, 16:07
That guy looks like Shane McMahon

son of the RAW's chairman??:lol: :lol: :nut: :nut: :nut:

NightRain'06
12th Apr 2007, 01:14
Talking of the bone-crunching sound effect, I often wondered if this was her legs that broke or her neck. She clearly dies either way but I always assumed it was her legs that made the cracking sound as they sometimes end up twisted :D

In TR3 when she missed the long jumps, (remember them ? lol) and fell to her death, to me it sounded like her body (specifically her torso) seemed to collide on concrete first and that's where the sound always resonated from I thought. :D :scratch: Oh, and I liked her screaming and wailing arms on the way down..

>Thinks people in this site will think I'm some weirdo. And that after getting TRA, the only thing I'll be doing is constantly take Lara's life instead of playing the game... :lol: <

I'd like to see the T-Rex and other dinosaurs eat her. Oh, did I type that out ? :mad2:

Don't worry, I will treat her well !!!! :)

SethKoopa
17th Apr 2007, 19:27
I don't know if this has been posted but I can't find it. Is Anniversary only for Playstation2 and other consoles? The game indeed looks amazing, and why should us PC-owners miss out on the fun?:cool:

Tigerman68
18th Apr 2007, 17:11
I don't know if this has been posted but I can't find it. Is Anniversary only for Playstation2 and other consoles? The game indeed looks amazing, and why should us PC-owners miss out on the fun?:cool:

Unless there's been a huge turn of events, Anniversary will be out for the PC as well. I checked with a popular video game store here in the states and they said it was for sure coming out on PC and their computer read it was coming out on June 6th (or thereabouts). They also said it would only be $30. I own a PS2, but prefer to play it on my laptop. It's an awesome experience. I played TRL on my laptop and loved it. I was just bummed I could not get the Next Gen feature to work even though my laptop was new and was built for gaming. :confused: I love the xperience of playing it with headphones. The sound of the game is the only thing you can hear and it really sucks you into it. :)

gsusfrk
18th Apr 2007, 17:28
i wonder if the PS2 one and PC game are going to be similar... in previous game (other than TR) I have found that a Pc game and a PS2 game can sometimes differ... thus with my deep intalectual theology I will thus buy both :D :cool:
edit: 70th Post
I really have to get off these forums... if I stay on any longer I could read what's in the entire game before it even comes out!

SethKoopa
18th Apr 2007, 20:50
Thanks, Tigerman68, but I've done some research since posting this and discovered that yes, indeed it is coming to the PC. Joy!

gsusfrk, the people here are generally nice enough to tag their threads "spoiler" if there is something you might not want to discover. However, I have researched just enough to make me interested.

Tigerman68
20th Apr 2007, 16:52
Thanks, Tigerman68, but I've done some research since posting this and discovered that yes, indeed it is coming to the PC. Joy!

gsusfrk, the people here are generally nice enough to tag their threads "spoiler" if there is something you might not want to discover. However, I have researched just enough to make me interested.

No problem, Seth Koopa. Glad to help. I'm glad there is hope for us computer folks.

gsusfrk, I agree with SK...I've read a lot of stuff on this forum and have only received intriguing information and not anything that gives the game away. Have fun and enjoy the community! They are a great bunch of folks. By the way, your username is a ok! :thumbsup:

gsusfrk
20th Apr 2007, 17:29
Have fun and enjoy the community! They are a great bunch of folks. By the way, your username is a ok! :thumbsup:

Oh, trust me I know, they really are, I feel like I'm being attacked!! lol joking. I just said because I thought it'd be a lil tad of info that might ahppen thats all :) Yo tigerman, pm me, i wanna ask u sometin!:thumbsup:

Deekman
25th Apr 2007, 23:50
I am so completely looing forward to this game.
I never played AOD and I haven't played Legend.
The fans of Tomb Raider have been clamoring for an update of TRI for ages.
This is actually inducing me to pick up my first Playstation!

GoranAgar
26th Apr 2007, 02:18
We are off to Eidos London for a second contact. :D

rabid metro
26th Apr 2007, 04:06
dude, you OWE us pictures! take plenty,
(i.e. Cat playing Atlantis, Cat beating Atlantis boss, Goran going old-school on the T-Rex, Goran unlocks TR1 Lara skin),
you know, juicy stuff! :)
urmmmmm, you could share the pics here and it would just be our little secret, okay??? :cool:

safe passage!
Raid On!

They say that without Goran and CatSuit these threads would be moderated by John Carter! :eek: :D

[Angelus
26th Apr 2007, 16:32

When? Are you doing another report?

Have a great time! :D

blue_box
26th Apr 2007, 17:01
You aren't joking? :)

Come back then with a few screens of Atlantis :whistle: