PDA

View Full Version : We Need Iowa Class Battleships!

Zaaaguy1
20th Feb 2007, 21:41
One of my biggest dissapointments in this game was the absence of the Iowa class battleship. Other than that, I am totally addicted!!!

SoreLoser
20th Feb 2007, 22:37
Yeah, Iowas would be nice, but i usually find myself flying planes more than piloting ships.

FreeloaderUK
21st Feb 2007, 14:46
yeah the Iowas would be kool but the devs would obviously limit the speed to 25knots

RedRansom
22nd Feb 2007, 00:45
And Corsairs too :(

m t freestyler
22nd Feb 2007, 05:14
i think corsairs were later in the war and same with p51 mustangs

xxkevboxxx
22nd Feb 2007, 20:57
Amen to that. Bring on the Iowas.

RedRansom
22nd Feb 2007, 23:41
i think corsairs were later in the war and same with p51 mustangs

Entry date was Dec 1942, but I understand Eidos only needing 1 type of fighter since its a generic red vs blue game when it comes to airplanes anyways.

Dauntless same as Kate
Avenger/Devastator same as Val
Hellcat same as Zero

HighSpecter 17
23rd Feb 2007, 20:08
One of my biggest dissapointments in this game was the absence of the Iowa class battleship. Other than that, I am totally addicted!!!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/766/766532p1.html
Looks like Devs heard you so we are all getting a Iowa class battleship for a small price.:D

Cpt.sharp
24th Feb 2007, 10:44
here it is

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/766/766542/battlestations-midway-dlc-images-20070221044624404.jpg

FreeloaderUK
26th Feb 2007, 15:31
Iowa class w00t

M0n3y
27th Mar 2007, 18:57
she's a beauty!:nut:

Nautical N00b
28th Mar 2007, 08:49

It's even more of a shame when it was seen advertised as being part of the game before release!

xgamerms999
29th Mar 2007, 00:26
And Corsairs too :(

HERE HERE!!

FreeloaderUK
29th Mar 2007, 08:32
ive been lucky enough (it seems) to on the new maps have a good couple of duels with the Iowas vs the Yamatos- here's my conclusion.

the Iowa & New Jersey is manouverable, looks very kool & has very good guns- but unfortunately the Yamato & Musashi seem to have a bit more firepower & a bit more armour. so unfortunately they seem to win- despite having our aircraft distract them & hit them with torpedos (it would appear that the Yamato & Musashi are more resistant to torpedos than the Iowa & New Jersey).

the only theory i can come up with is - in order to beat the YAmato & Musashi i believe zig-zaging is probably a good tactic- havent tried it out yet but- i thought of it because i managed to cross the T of the Yamato with my Iowa & get a lot of good hits in- meanwhile the Yamato was being distracted by torpedo planes & recieved multiple hits- anyway while she was swerving to dodge more hits i noticed that all my shells which were aimed right on2 her missed. so if the Yamato can do that- surely the Iowa which is more manouverable should be able to do that. if the Iowa could swerve left & right & largely avoid the Yamatos shells then that would be the way of winning.

xgamerms999
29th Mar 2007, 15:50
ive been lucky enough (it seems) to on the new maps have a good couple of duels with the Iowas vs the Yamatos- here's my conclusion.

the Iowa & New Jersey is manouverable, looks very kool & has very good guns- but unfortunately the Yamato & Musashi seem to have a bit more firepower & a bit more armour. so unfortunately they seem to win- despite having our aircraft distract them & hit them with torpedos (it would appear that the Yamato & Musashi are more resistant to torpedos than the Iowa & New Jersey).

the only theory i can come up with is - in order to beat the YAmato & Musashi i believe zig-zaging is probably a good tactic- havent tried it out yet but- i thought of it because i managed to cross the T of the Yamato with my Iowa & get a lot of good hits in- meanwhile the Yamato was being distracted by torpedo planes & recieved multiple hits- anyway while she was swerving to dodge more hits i noticed that all my shells which were aimed right on2 her missed. so if the Yamato can do that- surely the Iowa which is more manouverable should be able to do that. if the Iowa could swerve left & right & largely avoid the Yamatos shells then that would be the way of winning.

My experience is kind of differnt. I put 80 shells (Heavy Art.) (Unkown Medium and light) and 15 sea torps., not air torps. and she wouldn't go down! Well anyways, a new game will bring new experiences!! See you all online!!

General
18th Jun 2007, 01:40
For me anyway my main tactic is to roll rite up to the enemy and blast the crap outa em. If that doesn't work full throttle at em from a disstance lobbing shells the whole way up to em.....Im not sure if that will actually work or not but let me no if it does..or doesn't.

General
18th Jun 2007, 01:46
I personally love battleships. i've had dreams of em, but wat i really want is the real USS Iowa all I have to do is find some some way to make billions of dollars in a very short time (which is likely never to happen).

xgamerms999
26th Jul 2007, 22:53
Or you could join the Navy and hope that when it is reactivated, you have been promoted enogh to be its captian! lol

M0n3y
27th Jul 2007, 15:42
hehe:D

xgamerms999
28th Jul 2007, 04:05
I know, right?!

M0n3y
28th Jul 2007, 08:22
why won't you try?:D