PDA

View Full Version : Huge Levels, Secret Paths!! **SPOILER** sort of!

Trinity88
20th Feb 2007, 17:05
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3083/screen004av3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

According to PSW magazine there is a whole new area to explore in this level.
All the player has to do is shoot the above rope bridge, as seen, and Lara can use it too climb down to a whole new level of exploration, with an alternative path route to go down.

Raider0011
20th Feb 2007, 17:42
So exciting...

Now just for the game to be announced for the XBox 360...

Taylour
25th Feb 2007, 03:37
it's so beautiful. ugh. I want it. *closes eyes and wishes* crap! it's not here yet! :mad2:

ditom
25th Feb 2007, 21:13
This will be the best TR ! ! !

ggctuk
26th Feb 2007, 16:10
Yep. There will be more than one path for Lara.

Nope. No XBox360, XBox, Wii or any other versions - did they get the original? no.

Maybe - Eidos should really consider adding Unfinished Business as well.

RuumTaedor
26th Feb 2007, 16:53
No XBox360, XBox, Wii or any other versions - did they get the original? no.

One exception...I've got every version of Tomb Raider until Legend for the Macintosh, including the original. As I've mentioned on other Eidos Tomb Raider forums, I was very disappointed that Legend was released for every other platform on the planet except the Mac. Maybe a Mac version will come out in the future, I still have a tiny bit of hope left.

mezmacko
26th Feb 2007, 18:09
I agree.;)

rabid metro
27th Feb 2007, 04:20
...I've got every version of Tomb Raider until Legend for the Macintosh...

yep! Aspyr provided the port.

i thought there were two factors (amongst others) that contributed to the lack of a mac Legend port:

mac developer reluctance.
-- after AoD, no mac developer would consider tomb raider.
-- the vast success of Legend should argue for a reconsideration ...

which mac to aim for?
-- OS 9, OS X (pre-Intel) or OS X (post-Intel), etc.

so, there are reasons for hope.
-- everybody (and their mother) has some Legend product.
-- the mac itself is now increasingly financially attractive!

iTomb Raider... the time is now! :)

Taylour
27th Feb 2007, 22:40
April, it needs to be April.... NOW!

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 22:56
Nope. No XBox360, XBox, Wii or any other versions - did they get the original? no.

Maybe - Eidos should really consider adding Unfinished Business as well.

Well, in the same line...

Did the Playstation get Unfinished Business? No.

pinkangel07
27th Feb 2007, 23:01

Yeah, that really upset me, but I got over it, hahaha.

The only platforms I have are Gamecube and PS2. I know, I know... haha, I am "behind" now.

I guess I COULD play the PC versions, but keyboard controls bug me. I tried when a friend brought AOD over for the computer, and I was not a happy camper. (press forward+q+r+space to jump and grab, hold a+s+d+f to walk...) I'm exaggerating a tad, but I'm just not good with keyboard controls.

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 23:17
I'm also behind, by only having a GameCube (and a rather outdated PC, where I play the first five games and custom levels), but I intend to get a Wii as soon as importing taxes and currency conversion stop being as ridiculous as they're today. :rolleyes:

Jontif
28th Feb 2007, 23:03
One exception...I've got every version of Tomb Raider until Legend for the Macintosh, including the original. As I've mentioned on other Eidos Tomb Raider forums, I was very disappointed that Legend was released for every other platform on the planet except the Mac. Maybe a Mac version will come out in the future, I still have a tiny bit of hope left.

Me too... I own every TR game on the Mac and tend to play it on my powerbook. Was absolutely gutted that Legend wasnt released on the Mac and dont have high hopes of anniversary being released on Mac either. Why do Mac users always suffer when their machines are generally higher specced and less problematic than PC's?

RuumTaedor
1st Mar 2007, 03:16
which mac to aim for?
-- OS 9, OS X (pre-Intel) or OS X (post-Intel), etc.

Actually, new apps being developed are compiled as "universal binaries" and run natively on both PPC and Intel chips, and there is no new application development for OS 9, so really the only choice is "Mac OS X".

so, there are reasons for hope.
-- everybody (and their mother) has some Legend product.
-- the mac itself is now increasingly financially attractive!

iTomb Raider... the time is now! :)

Thanks Mr. Metro, I feel better. :)

Me too... I own every TR game on the Mac and tend to play it on my powerbook. Was absolutely gutted that Legend wasnt released on the Mac and dont have high hopes of anniversary being released on Mac either. Why do Mac users always suffer when their machines are generally higher specced and less problematic than PC's?

Ah, a member after my own heart. Nice to hear from you, Jontif. :)

rabid metro
1st Mar 2007, 04:09
Actually, new apps being developed are compiled as "universal binaries" ...
... sure, new apps now, but two years ago ..., anyway ...

hey ruumy ...

there's an article in the recent hardcopy version of Mac|Life (april 2007):
"GAMING ALERT: Why the Mac is poised for gaming greatness"
which explains nicely what i was trying to say, clumsily ...

here's a link to the cover picture:
http://www.maclife.com/the_magazine
notice the article just above the title.
i think you have to buy the magazine to read the article tho ...

hopefully yours,
iRabidMetro

*an aside for http://www.tombraider.com, all i's are on u ...*
on the homepage, it mentions a podcast that should be for an "iPod", not "Ipod". :)

RuumTaedor
1st Mar 2007, 05:52
That was nice of you to mention the article. As you suspected, I was not able to read the article on-line. :(

As for "Ipod", you don't have to be a computer geek to have seen "iPod" and "iMac" everywhere...some people just don't get it. :rolleyes:

Thanks iRabidMetro. :)

ggctuk
1st Mar 2007, 11:04
Well, in the same line...

Maybe not, but it was just Core doing Unfinished business, one person only. Do you honestly think he would have decompiled PS1 TR just for the sake of adding four levels? No.

My explanation is a bit flaky, but I'm standing by my theory about why only PS2, PC and PSP.

Treeble
1st Mar 2007, 15:35
Core had nothing to do with the development of any of the gold editions; nothing. They were developed in Eidos USA by Phillip Campbell using the tools at his disposition (supplied by Core once they were finished with the original games themselves) and help from Gary LaRochelle and Rebecca Shearing for additional textures/objects etc.

doctor willard
1st Mar 2007, 19:35
the lost artifact and unfinished bussiness was weird. i don't get why doctor willard (me) would let you go round his huge scottish mansion infested will all sorts of stuff, when he dead.

Jontif
1st Mar 2007, 21:07
Ah, a member after my own heart. Nice to hear from you, Jontif. :)

thanks Ruum. I do love my Macs....

dark_angel@134
29th Apr 2007, 13:16

so people said about legends, and wat did it turn out to be? a days worth of gameplay, no items to collect, 4 weopans+the pistols that run out of ammo, lousy jumps, no new moves, hardly any moves at that, and an unfinished unoriginal story-line.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Tomb-Dude
29th Apr 2007, 17:25
so people said about legends, and wat did it turn out to be? a days worth of gameplay, no items to collect, 4 weopans+the pistols that run out of ammo, lousy jumps, no new moves, hardly any moves at that, and an unfinished unoriginal story-line.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

legends was a bad game im still playing takin ma time trying out different more skilled ways of killin the enermys jump off one enermy whilst aiming at another and then she does a dive whilst shooting doing more dives whilst aiming at enermys!!!! also not rushing though the game!!!!!!!!!!

I loved legends one of the best i have played!!!! LOADS of NEW MOVES!!! i thought instead of just jumping around!!!!!!!! and this one look 10X better new moves like the one shot kill whilst doging a wolf or something!!!!
more advanced levels better quality better gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!

Undiscovered_Tomb
29th Apr 2007, 17:30
YAY their gonna be more than 1 way to go :D

in legend it was always str8 on just go foward

the old tomb raiders u had to look around and climb and most of the time get into a trap lol

and thats what i liked about the old tr's :D

voltz
29th Apr 2007, 17:33
I guess I COULD play the PC versions, but keyboard controls bug me. I tried when a friend brought AOD over for the computer, and I was not a happy camper. (press forward+q+r+space to jump and grab, hold a+s+d+f to walk...) I'm exaggerating a tad, but I'm just not good with keyboard controls.

You could just try it with a gamepad like the rest of us. Most places sell good quality brands (PS type) so I don't see how you'd have a problem.

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
29th Apr 2007, 18:10
do you have a power PC or Intel processor in you MAC? Maybe u can play it with Intel!