PDA

View Full Version : The Reason Why I Have to Start all over Again!

Lacsap001
19th Feb 2007, 21:40
I bought this game last week and put some real time in it, a bit too much actually :)

So I completed the Acadamy, Plane, Ship and Submarine challenges and was 4 mission away from the end of the campaign.

After completing the 5th mission before the end, I turned off my xbox normally.

A few hours later I realise that I wanna do it again, so I turned on my xbox, I place the game in the drive and start the game. Then I load my savegame. And went to the campaign screen. Only to find out that everything is locked again except the first mission of course. So I check the challenges same story all locked except the first one. No more award. Everything was gone. All I got left are the achievements:(

I dont know what happend but the savegame wont load anymore.

Any thoughts on how it could have happened or how to prevent it from happening again?

Molkien
19th Feb 2007, 22:05
Did you by chance use a different sign-in name?

Lacsap001
19th Feb 2007, 22:08

No, I still use the same username that I've been using all along.
Only thing I've done between the sessions was playing another game.

FireFrost
20th Feb 2007, 20:39

If this were the case it would not have shown his achievements.

Lacsap001, you may have discovered a bug here. I haven't heard of this hapenning to anyone though. If you find more people with this problem, it may be a confirmed bug and should be reported on the bug reporting thread. You may also find that it has already been reported there.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=64670

SoreLoser
20th Feb 2007, 22:45
No I saw someone had this exact same problem and it was because they turned their console off when in says "saving do not turn off xbox 360 console". So i doubt that it is a bug. Unless the OP could tell us on what screen he turned the console off. They also said that they kept all of their achievements but lost all of their in-game progress.

Sam0096
22nd Feb 2007, 19:52
I've had this problem too.

SoreLoser
22nd Feb 2007, 21:36
The only thing that you can do if this happens is start over. Atleast you get to keep your achievements.

Lacsap001
23rd Feb 2007, 16:47
Already started over and finished the game. I also made the post in the thread which Firefrost suggested.

princecaspian4
24th Feb 2007, 22:02
same thing happened to me, everything except the academy and my awards were reset, i don't think i turned it off while it was saving, i had finished everything except the last plane challenge, i am still working through the campaign (i could have finished it a while ago, but i am not putting as much time int it as i did the first time), and i am back up to where i was in the challenge missions (still can't beet the last plane mission :mad2: )
so it wasn't that bad, but it was a bit annoying

Archie
26th Feb 2007, 21:21
same thing happened to me. I still have my achievements, but I have to start everything over from scratch... my medals are all gone too.

SoreLoser
26th Feb 2007, 21:57
If you have your achievements but nothing else, then your save is corrupted.