PDA

View Full Version : Joystick suggestions anyone?

Crimson_Goblin
19th Feb 2007, 19:26
I have just ordered BSM from play.com and eagerly await its arrival in the post ... In the meantime, my old Saitek joystick finally died last time I played a certain MS simulator flight game several months ago. So I need to buy a new one like yesterday to play this great looking game with. I have seen the threads (in the general forum) showing that a number of people have been having problems with the Saitek X45 and X52 and the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. And I want my gaming experience to be the best. So ...

My question is, what would be the best new joystick to get to go with BSM and that works with it?

jwhal
19th Feb 2007, 22:53
Here are two that have preset configs in the game from the read me. The Saitek p880 is a game pad and in the control options in game it also lists the p990 p2600 and p2900. I have the x52 and I'm holding out hope for a patch to support higher end joysticks in the mean time I have a old Microsoft presicion pro joystick I was able to get to work with battlestation midway the trick is to have your slider in the neutral position/middle position or it screws things up.

Using a standard Logitech Extreme 3D PRO joystick on PC.

1. You must connect the joystick.

2. Windows automatically detects the device as Extreme 3D joystick - you can use both this and Logitech's own driver.

3. Configuring the game
- Go to Main Menu/Options/Controls/Load Preset Configuration
- Select and load the "Logitech Extreme 3D PRO" preset
- The game automatically saves the new settings when you go back to the Main Menu
[Note that you MUST use the mouse and the keyboard along with the joystick.]

Using a Saitek P880 controller on PC

1. You must connect the Saitek P880 controller to the PC. Windows XP automatically detects the hardware as P880.
DO NOT install the Saitek P880 Drivers, or else Button 10 will be unusable in the game.

2. Configuring the game
- Go to Main Menu/Options/Controls/Load Preset Configuration
- Select and load the "Saitek P880" preset
- The game automatically saves the new settings when you go back to the Main Menu
[Note that you can use/change the Keyboard/Mouse settigs along with the controller]

Crimson_Goblin
20th Feb 2007, 15:37
Thanks a million jwhal, that's really useful!! ;)