PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with the inventory

Phlip
19th Feb 2007, 15:31
http://i18.tinypic.com/49hd2mx.jpg

1, There's no compass, Lara had a compass in tomb raider 1 so why not here?:confused:

2, The medipacks should be on the other side and the small medipack should come first, if the pistols aren't on the left and the medipacks aren't on the right, I'm going to get confused.

3, and also, the background of were you can see lara should be faded black.

Crystal Dynamics really should fix this, seriously, I really will get confused with the medipack positions and I want it to be fixed before release.

munchkin
19th Feb 2007, 16:42
http://i18.tinypic.com/49hd2mx.jpg

1, There's no compass, Lara had a compass in tomb raider 1 so why not here?:confused:

2, The medipacks should be on the other side and the small medipack should come first, if the pistols aren't on the left and the medipacks aren't on the right, I'm going to get confused.

3, and also, the background of were you can see lara should be faded black.

Crystal Dynamics really should fix this, seriously, I really will get confused with the medipack positions and I want it to be fixed before release.

LOL :lol: oh dear me can we say nit picking?

CD are not making a clone, even core design tweaked the inventory system in subsequent sequels. I think CD's inventory looks amazing, nods to the first Tomb raider while moving forwards.

Also in all the times i've played TR1 (don't ask how many i'f long since lost count, never with a walkthrough) i've never needed the compass so can harldy pick at Cd for removing an essentially useless item.

Having no fade to black is brillient it hints at a realness the fade to black doesn't, without loosing the feel of the inventory system.

Everything i've seen so far just makes me want to play the game more and the more nit pickers i see the funnier it all is ;)

becca

Treeble
19th Feb 2007, 16:54
Yeah I agree with all that you said. They should remove it altogether. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(obviously this is just a stupid spam post. Duh. :rolleyes: )

RuumTaedor
19th Feb 2007, 17:15

Lol at least you admit it. I have to confess I am guilty of spam posts sometimes. Of course, your comment could apply to some threads too. :whistle:

Martin C
19th Feb 2007, 17:28

"What do you have on your menu?"

"Spam and ham, spam and eggs, spam and bacon, spam and peas, spam and some more spam. Oh and today's special......spam"

Sorry couldn't resist :rasp:

Martin C x

Psychopompador
19th Feb 2007, 17:47
wow.

I have a great idea for people who complain that things arent exactly like they were 11 years ago... PLAY THE ORIGINAL.

the reason the menu looks different than the original game is because this is not the original game. The screen had to switch off to look at the inventory likely because they didnt have the technology to have so much extra on the screen at the time.

plus- did anyone honestly use the compass for anything except for doing the cheats on TR4?

plus if you want to see the medipacks on the other side of the inventory... then scroll them over to the other side because it rotates

Phlip
19th Feb 2007, 17:54
I know it rotates, but about the useless compass, wich I agree on, hey could change it to that statistics clock thing, I just want it to be like the original with the blackened background.

Trinity88
19th Feb 2007, 18:11
There Are Problems With that picture, but i reckon its just a sample picture to show us what it will look and be like, i dont think this is the official/finished version, its just a teaser to give us an idea :D :D

shirl123
19th Feb 2007, 20:13
I know it rotates, but about the useless compass, wich I agree on, hey could change it to that statistics clock thing, I just want it to be like the original with the blackened background.

"blackend", "faded", "grey-ish"...yeah, I noticed that (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65154) too. not because it looks bad, but it just may be a bit confusing this way, but I'm sure it'll be fixed. ;)
however, like Trinity said, I think it's a sample picture and those tiny errors shouldn't be taken too seriously for now.

StarChampagne
19th Feb 2007, 20:19
There Are Problems With that picture, but i reckon its just a sample picture to show us what it will look and be like, i dont think this is the official/finished version, its just a teaser to give us an idea :D :D

Agreed. Let's not judge 'til we're sure it's final. Remember all the stuff that changed for Legend? Whole 'missing' levels, etc.? And what's the point of a compass unless we need to use it?

Oh and what we need in this thread is some Vikings :cool: :D Perhaps they'll sing us a song about spam.

Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Phlip
19th Feb 2007, 20:38

I agre with you now, I never thought about it like that.

Anyway, can all of you just stop going on about spam, it's upsetting me!

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th Feb 2007, 20:45
Stop posting it, and people will stop recognizing it.

aussie500
19th Feb 2007, 21:17
Fans wanted the original rotating inventory and got it, since Legend did not have an inventory as such it was no problem to include the classic one. We also got a nice updated version of the original music to go with it. Phlip if you cannot tell the difference between a large medi pack and a small one that is your problem, make sure when choosing you have your eyes open! The contents of the inventory do not have to be exactly the same as the original

RuumTaedor
19th Feb 2007, 21:20
Y'know, Phlip, talk is cheap, and it's easy to criticize. You seem like you have a lot of ideas and a lot of time on your hands, why not participate in one of the contests in the sticky threads and show the world a masterpiece that you created? I personally wouldn't mind if you were to create yet another thread but this one would be wallpaper you created. Have you seen the wallpapers Kiss-bite and others have created? Just a suggestion.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65396

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=63504

RuumTaedor
19th Feb 2007, 21:34
I think it's a smaple picture

Oops, a small typo. I think this is what you meant.

(image of Snapple beverage)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p)

shirl123
20th Feb 2007, 04:53
Oops, a small typo. I think this is what you meant.
(Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p)

lol...yeah, I have lots of typo mistakes :o anyway, fixed.

Rusty_DK
20th Feb 2007, 13:11
wow.

I have a great idea for people who complain that things arent exactly like they were 11 years ago... PLAY THE ORIGINAL.

Here Here! Completely agree

I mean come on! To complain about the background colour and where the med packs is situated is....well...brings a new meaning to petty complaining

Raider0011
20th Feb 2007, 13:39
I kind of like the new inventory screen. It allows you access to the inventory, without taking you completely out of the game. Nice idea. As for getting confused, I don't think this will happen, as the items in the inventory are quite large. I can see people having a hard time or getting confused if they were looking at itty bitty items, but they clearly are not. If someone plays on something other than a 13 inch tv, they'll be fine. ;) As for the compass, I won't miss that. I always wondered why it was included in the original...

Phlip
20th Feb 2007, 15:05
Y'know, Phlip, talk is cheap, and it's easy to criticize. You seem like you have a lot of ideas and a lot of time on your hands, why not participate in one of the contests in the sticky threads and show the world a masterpiece that you created? I personally wouldn't mind if you were to create yet another thread but this one would be wallpaper you created. Have you seen the wallpapers Kiss-bite and others have created? Just a suggestion.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65396

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=63504

I've seen all of Kiss' work, it's really well done.

jason
21st Feb 2007, 02:52
I think this game is going to be heaps good if you cnt see the inventory then you'll obviously need glasses and as for the background being black you dont see that in real life do ya i think not and we have to face it the games are getting a lot more real with the graphics and that so little changes like the non shadowy part are to be expected and it aslo lets you know there is no immidate danger lurking in the shadows.

Phlip
21st Feb 2007, 15:35
if you cnt see the inventory...

what makes you think I can't see the inventory image?:confused:, I wouldn't be complaining if I couldn't see the image:nut:

mrcube
21st Feb 2007, 16:51
People just need to stop nitpicking at the pre-release stuff, just be happy they supplied you with something ;) And after all, this isn't TR1, this is TR Aniversary, and if they want to make small changes to things like the inventory, let them, it doesn't matter, it's a remake not a copy :rolleyes:

Mangar The Dark
21st Feb 2007, 18:09
I completely agree with the original poster! I am disgusted that they are changing things from how they were in the original. I also heard the the graphic options on the PC won't let me play at a resoluion of 320 X 200!!! And Lara won't have pixelated cones as breasts! How the hell can they call this a tribute to the original when they keep changing things? I bet it won't even run properly in DOS mode. Crystal Dynamics should be ashamed!

What they SHOULD do is just re-release the original with absolutely no changes at all, and slap a price tag of $49.99 on it. THEN we'd all be really happy.

Phlip
21st Feb 2007, 19:43
ha ha! very funny sarcastic!:mad:

mrcube
21st Feb 2007, 21:45
:lol: Very funny, It does feel that there's no way to please some fans.

Psychopompador
21st Feb 2007, 21:51
I completely agree with the original poster! I am disgusted that they are changing things from how they were in the original. I also heard the the graphic options on the PC won't let me play at a resoluion of 320 X 200!!! And Lara won't have pixelated cones as breasts! How the hell can they call this a tribute to the original when they keep changing things? I bet it won't even run properly in DOS mode. Crystal Dynamics should be ashamed!

What they SHOULD do is just re-release the original with absolutely no changes at all, and slap a price tag of $49.99 on it. THEN we'd all be really happy.

word.

perfectly stated

munchkin
21st Feb 2007, 23:45

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif

Thats funny ;)

becca :p

Raider0011
21st Feb 2007, 23:53
LOL :lol: That was a great post Mangar.

crushter
22nd Feb 2007, 20:15
Stop being so picky phlip.
What difference does it make if the medis are not in the exact same position as they used to be:rolleyes:

*sigh* typical phlip.

Rivendell
22nd Feb 2007, 20:55
Lookie who joined the par-tay, howdy Crushter!

mrcube
22nd Feb 2007, 21:00
Welcome aboard Mr Crushter, get posting! :D

aussie500
23rd Feb 2007, 08:53

:lol: Now that made my day :D
Its starting to feel like home around here with all these familiar names, welcome to the forum xcrushterx :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
23rd Feb 2007, 10:01
That's funny, it's always felt like home here to me. :)

mrcube
23rd Feb 2007, 16:36
That's funny, it's always felt like home here to me. :)

You've been here for 7 years though ;)

It's starting to feel like home to me, although I don't have as many posts as you two, maybe I just get comfortable quicker :scratch:

crushter
23rd Feb 2007, 22:12
Lookie who joined the par-tay, howdy Crushter!

lol, I wasn't expecting people from TRF to actually welcome me. *looks for hug smiley*
*can't find hug smiley*
*settles for :)*

LisaB1962
23rd Feb 2007, 22:52
I peed my pants when I saw the original menu ring. How anyone could complain about the order of items is beyond me. :scratch:

mrcube
24th Feb 2007, 00:01
lol, I wasn't expecting people from TRF to actually welcome me. *looks for hug smiley*
*can't find hug smiley*
*settles for :)*

They should add a hugging smiley :scratch: Or maybe not.

And yes, the menu ring looks awesome, lets not complain about the order, lets just be happy that it's there at all.

But it doesn't matter to me, I'm not buying the game since her top isn't green enough :rolleyes:

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 00:29
But it doesn't matter to me, I'm not buying the game since her top isn't green enough :rolleyes:

And I'm not because there aren't holes in the back of her gloves. :rolleyes:

RuumTaedor
24th Feb 2007, 05:32
Did you know ha?r is a four letter word? :eek:

FallenxFromxLight
24th Feb 2007, 13:27
I kinda agree with the starting poster though in one sense:

The stupid useless compass that served no purpose needs to return! It was so priceless to have a compass that upon being selected..did nothing but stare you in the face. Perfection!

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 14:26
I'm not buying the game since her top isn't green enough :rolleyes:

:lol: I know I made a pathetic thread but I lmao when I read that!
:lmao: