PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Double Reaver

OneViolence
17th Oct 2013, 16:36
I know Vampires arent exactly the strongest right now, but a really big issue for me has been the double reaver, if two reavers go on you, youre finished, thats it youre dead, it is impossible to survive, and i feel its a bit to strong even though humans are WAAYYY stronger than vamps right now this should be changed (EG. short grace perido where youre immune to the pounce or something)

AboutMrQ
17th Oct 2013, 18:13
I agree there should be a grace period between pounces. But the thing about humans is that they should be played as a team. If the reaver get hurt while being on top of a human it stops. So you have to make sure you have a friend who can stop them.

OneViolence
17th Oct 2013, 18:15
I know.

Psyonix_Corey
17th Oct 2013, 18:45
The problem with "pounce immune" is it is a really crappy experience for the second reaver.

Imagine you've lined up the perfect Pounce, but the guy's suddenly immune. What happens when you hit him, do you bounce off? Won't you feel cheated if your Pounce is negated and then he kills you?

SushiViking
17th Oct 2013, 18:55
However that should leave one human able to get free shots at the reavers pouncing. You're not really supposed to go alone as a human anyway so I don't really think it's a big problem. It has happened to me and yes, it might not be very fun but that's what you get when you don't stick together.

Finepixa
17th Oct 2013, 19:13
Yes, in my opinion if you get caught out by two full pounces you deserve to die considering the whole point of humans is team play.

Norrman
17th Oct 2013, 19:28
I actually win more as vampire then human... And I think the vampires are more op then human's even tough they have good teamwork. If you have a good Sentinal on your team that can engage at the right time with Tyrant that runs throw all the humans and the Reaver's come's in and finishes them. So that I want to say it's that the Vampires has really good CC they can keep all the human's on the ground for a really long time. It's just important that you don't get greedy with the kills and after you have done your CC just run away and engage again after a short time. like drive-byes :p

SushiViking
17th Oct 2013, 19:32
I actually win more as vampire then human... And I think the vampires are more op then human's even tough they have good teamwork. If you have a good Sentinal on your team that can engage at the right time with Tyrant that runs throw all the humans and the Reaver's come's in and finishes them. So that I want to say it's that the Vampires has really good CC they can keep all the human's on the ground for a really long time. It's just important that you don't get greedy with the kills and after you have done your CC just run away and engage again after a short time. like drive-byes :p

I think it's way too early to say which side is more powerful. In order to test this with good results will require two experienced teams that can play well together. Personally I've had very many even games where matches end in a draw of differ by a few points. I assume there are still more abilities to come so all we can do is wait and see.

Baldorog
19th Oct 2013, 13:48
Well reaver seems to be strongest vampire because on thursday there was several fights like 4 reaver and 1 sentinel or tyrant. So i think some adjust is needed on reaver that it won't become only vampire that peoples uses.

bfke33
22nd Oct 2013, 15:30
I would say that is a good thing. In most other games, lets take Battlesfield, a 2v1 situation wouls make a clearly win for the 2.
Here i think that the award of being two reavers against one human should be a secured kill.
If you stay with your friends 2 reavers is not gonna take take you down as they are gonna be thrown off you quite fast.