PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with TREP

GokuZ
18th Feb 2007, 22:11
Please make this topic Sticky :)

I've created this post so any users having problems with TREP can ask for help here. It seems that most of the TREP talk is at TRC forum, but I think each TRLE website should have a space to talk about TREP. Personally prefer a forum dedicated solely to TREP to save its creator, authors & users the hassle of searching each forum, but I've learned that the unification of TRLE users seems impossible, Anyway I accept it. :)
The Offical Download & User Manual for TREP is here http://trep.croftmanor.de/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTIONS;
The Health Warning

I’ve set up a Flip Effect so when the player Presses the LOOK button a Map of the Area is displayed (Draw_BMP), It works great.
Because I can’t have a colour changing Health Bar in the inventory screen I realised technically I could merge a health bar display with the Map Screen itself.
Using the Flip Effect Editor technically it should be able to display a different BMP depending on the level of Laras Health.

http://www.geocities.com/seeaworldinagrainofsand/HP.gif
PROBLEM: I cant find a formula that will display different BMPs as Laras health decreases
The formula I need (in words) is;

IF PRESSED LOOK
IF LARAS HP is LESSTHAN or EQUAL to 1000 (and) MORETHAN OR EQUAL to 900 DISPLAY BMP FINE
IF LARAS HP is LESSTHAN or EQUAL to 899 (and) MORETHAN OR EQUAL to 400 DISPLAY BMP CAUTION
IF LARAS HP is LESSTHAN or EQUAL to 399 (and) MORETHAN OR EQUAL to 150 DISPLAY BMP CRITICAL
IF LARAS HP is LESSTHAN or EQUAL to 149 (and) MORETHAN OR EQUAL to 1 DISPLAY BMP DANGER
==============================================

IF_PRESSED LOOK (Mode:Post)
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 1000
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 900
DRAW_BMP 3
IF_PRESSED LOOK
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 899
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 400
DRAW_BMP 4
IF_PRESSED LOOK
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 399
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 150
DRAW_BMP 5
IF_PRESSED LOOK
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 149
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 1
DRAW_BMP 6
-------------------------------
I’ve tried this formula but when Laras HP goes below 900 BMP3 stops displaying and look resumes normal function
If I separate the formula into 4 separate Flip Effects and Laras health is 800 and I activate the Flip Effect for BMP 4 It will display, but even if I’ve activated all of the flip effects and take a health pack back upto 1000_HP BMP3 wont display until I reactivate the Flip effect to trigger BMP3. I need all of the Flip Effect BMPs to function, until I need to change the map screen.

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION: The Compass Item is Hardcoded to display in the inventory (Its screen location can be moved in AnimEdit)
If another Item could also be displayed like a Static object combined with a flip effect command
So the formula could be;

IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 1000
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 900
SET_INV_STATIC1 (This would be the startup command for a Green/Fine HP)
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 899
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 400
REMOVE_STATIC1
SET_INV_STATIC2 (Sets a static with a Green-Yellow/Caution HP)
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 399
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 150
REMOVE_STATIC2
SET_INV_STATIC3 (Sets a static with a Yellow-Red/Critical HP)
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 149
IF_LARA>= LARA_HP 1
REMOVE_STATIC3
SET_INV_STATIC4 (Sets a static with a Red-Dark Red/Danger HP)

Technically as Health packs were used it would replace the corresponding Warning sign
As a bonus if the statics were actually animating or rotating It would look very cool.

The Animation change Problem

In Resident Evil as the character takes damage the walk and run animations also change, again technically with (PLAY_ANIM) this is also possible.
I’ve managed to create a new standing animation from 445 and from that a new chain of animations with a slower limping walk and run.

I have 3 problems;

1: I cant Trigger animation 445 TREP when Laras health reaches 800
IF_LARA<= LARA_HP 800
PLAY_ANIM 445
(I want this animation to be triggered on any square hence the no STOP command, I’ve tried Pre & Post and I don’t want it to be a one-shot trigger, but it doesn’t work even when I check the one-shot box in FE editor)
I can trigger animations by using IF_PRESSED ACTION, but the fact that one-shot has to be included otherwise the animation freezes concerns me, I fear that the PLAY_ANIM command needs more FlipEffect Editing L

2: The Roll and Up+Down Roll are hard coded commands, if pressed ingame when my 445 is activated it returns laras animation back to the original 11/103 walk & run
Harly has created a DRC patch to assign any animation to the Roll and Up+Down keypress. I just need to find the command for ROLL and Up+Down and replace it with NOPs (no operation/function) to disable it.
When I came across this problem I realised because it’s a hardcoded function that’s why Harly was able to create a Roll & Up/Down DRC patch as its not something that can be changed in Wadmerger AnimEdit.

3: When Lara runs into a wall (Anims#53&54) she stops, but this too is HardCoded to running Anim#0 (as well as jumping into walls). In my new 445 chain when she runs and hits a wall it returns to Anim 11 or 103 and back to the original walk run chain
I need the hardcoded information for running into walls and be able to include it in my running chain animations, it shouldn’t be too hard as Phy has been able to add it for running into static objects (Hard Collision)
-----------------------------------------

Request
RE Style Legend Interaction
http://www.geocities.com/seeaworldinagrainofsand/RFaceNorth.gif
As you can see in this picture Lara can Trigger a string/legend when the player presses action on the square infront of the object here its just a 2click box. I've narrowed the field to trigger the string to a small area roughly facing north(according to TREP, its actually east in the editor). I was hoping if another command could be created to only display the string (or indeed any other flip effect) if lara was stood in 1 half or quater of the Tile. Alternatively I could just place the object 1/2 way over the square.

BUGS
TWIN WEAPON OVERRIDES trep in 0.76r2
Disabling Left Gun doesn’t work , right is fine
(Im not sure if the reason the left gun doesnt work is because its been reserved for the PULSE=Enabled option)

Driber
21st Feb 2007, 10:58
It's great to see all these improvements :thumbsup:
I've stuck this thread for the time being.