PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Did the original braid lok better than the ponytail?

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 13:55
Braid (http://i12.tinypic.com/2m4dah4.jpg) and Ponytail (http://i16.tinypic.com/48r5hua.jpg).

I much prefered the braid! It was much prettier, practicle because individual strands wouldn't get into her mouth and on her face and because the braid is like a trademark for lara, she's always had it (except TR1&L) so every time I see someone with a braid, I think of Lara:o

Say what you chose and why you chose it;)

Treeble
18th Feb 2007, 15:07
Where's the "couldn't care less" option? :scratch:

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 15:09
I didn't make one on pourpos!, could you please look at the pictures on my first post and awnser the question;)

Captain Mazda
18th Feb 2007, 15:43
I missed the braid, but Lara pulls off her Legend hairstyle well.

shirl123
18th Feb 2007, 16:17
another thread about her HAIR? lol
anyway, IMHO, the TRL braid looks buggy, un-natural and very weird in general. it could fit in the classic games because of it's shape, but not in TRL that has more "smooth" graphics.
the ponytail looked just fine, and besides- a lady should change her (hair) style every once in a while, don't you think? ;)
but...it's just her hair. :p

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 16:46
I just like it bieng a braid, and I wanted to make a poll about it.

It does look very unnatrual especially in this video (http://video.google.com/url?docid=6213374427708551364&esrc=sr15&ev=v&q=tomb+raider+legend+gameplay&vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DVjpXH0QQcMQ&usg=AL29H20T1a8VB1YTfwl62bFz36f80MBd_Q), but they should have spent a little more tima making it less flexible and they should have spent more time fixing the kink near the top.

shirl123
18th Feb 2007, 18:23
well, I guess they tried but it didn't work out. ...so Lara finally got a new hairstyle. :p
besides, if I'm not mistaken, they had a very little time to finish this game- so they had to focus a lot more on the game itself then the tiny things, such as her braid, for obvious reasons.
IMO, the ponytail looks real good, and it's more realistic for this kind of adventures. ...but it doesn't really matter which hairstyle/color she has, as long as it looks good and fits everything. ;)

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 18:31
ok, well that's in your opinion, AOD never got finished because £1D0$ pushed Core to release the game on time, and now the same has happened with Legend, I hope AE gets more time to get finished.

shirl123
18th Feb 2007, 18:48
ok, well that's in your opinion, AOD never got finished because £1D0$ pushed Core to release the game on time, and now the same has happened with Legend, I hope AE gets more time to get finished.

there's a big diffrence here. Core worked on AOD for 3 years, the release date was pushed back 5 times (the original date was September 2001, if I'm not mistaken?), and still - we got that buggy game that almost killed the series. I don't think that Eidos is the one to blame in this case, it could've ended like Duke Nuke'em Forever if they didn't push Core.

as for TRL, CD worked on it for...18 monthes? they did a superb job in such a short period, there's no point in complaining, IMO, but just hoping that they'll recieve more time and/or space for the future games.
as for TR:AE - I doubt it... hopefully it'll change 'till TR8 (unless they started working on it already? who knows).

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 20:38
ok, but I just hope Lara will have a braid with two hairbands so there won't be any ugly strech marks on lara's head in future.

Legendary Lara Croft
19th Feb 2007, 00:04
Lara looks great always, I am glad I got to see her with her hair down too

rabid metro
19th Feb 2007, 01:35
ok, but I just hope Lara will have a braid with two hairbands so there won't be any ugly strech marks on lara's head in future.

hello philip ...

the question: "did the original braid look better than the ponytail?" is more biased than it needs to be.
for example, it is a leading yes/no question.

i would have preferred something more like: "which of lara's hairstyles do prefer- braid, ponytail, either, neither, don't care?".
this enables a more reliable response.

am i wrong in assuming that you really want to know to what forum members think? ... :whistle:

i mean, given the quote above, you seem very invested in lara, which i can relate to ...

raid on!

RuumTaedor
19th Feb 2007, 01:53
am i wrong in assuming that you really want to know to what forum members think? ... :whistle:

Hehe I think it's just inexperience.

Phlip
19th Feb 2007, 15:08
Hehe I think it's just inexperience.
I'm not inexperienced, I've been on the other forum for ages and decided to join this one.

i mean, given the quote above, you seem very invested in lara, which i can relate to ...

You are right, I really want to know what people think and want, and when I made the poll, I pourposly just made a yes no option, and I thought that the title was a good one so that people know what braid I was thinking of, Lara wears the braid in the Peru flashback and I wanted people to know I meant the original, that's why the word original is in the title.:)

tombraiderxlegend
19th Feb 2007, 16:41
I liked both. But the braid look was a little better than the pony tail. xD

Phlip
19th Feb 2007, 17:57
I'm glad you agree, none of you think I don't like the ponytail at all, It would suit lara obn the south pacific levels in TR3, and if lara wore a tracksuit at her house.

<Delirium_Trigger>
20th Feb 2007, 15:23
I say braided because, i dunno, just seems better.

Phlip
20th Feb 2007, 15:32
but why does it seem better? there's got to be a reason.:)

StarChampagne
20th Feb 2007, 19:54
Well... I prefer the ponytail.

I find it more aesthetically pleasing than the braid. Although I have always called the braid a 'plait'.

Although, really, Lara's hair has been discussed to death, and the discussion has been discussed to death, and then ridiculed somewhat. Perhaps it would be better to let Lara's hair rest in peace. No, I am not taking my own advice am I...

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 20:52
I think Lara's hair should be lots of small braids in a ponytail.

That'll make everything better... not:D

Miss. Croft
31st Mar 2007, 14:45
I liked it with the braids. It looked much better. The braid suits lara and her personallity.:D

Lo
4th Apr 2007, 06:04
I opted for the ponytail by mistake for I thought you meant 'braid' as in TR1 where her hair was sort of bandaged up badly! :D

Trust me to stuff it up. Discount my vote immediately! I like the plaited hair better and it is much more practical for raiding - not that any lengths of hair should really be dangling down with all those traps around ;)