PDA

View Full Version : This really upsets me...

Lara Croft Wanna Be
18th Feb 2007, 02:26
I know this is probably gonna sound stupid, but from every screenshot i have seen (and the game trailer) her pistols are not properly aligned with the holsters... now i know this is stupid but if its not fixed its would probaly ruin the game for me and im not kidding :(

I just pray that eventually they do fix that problem, but one small thank you to CD, I LOVE THE NEW HOLSTERS!!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE :)

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/screenshots_02.html

Alexlovesguns
18th Feb 2007, 05:17
her pistols are not properly aligned with the holsters

Oh noes!!1:eek: 11!!!

You seem very serious about it too...

Captain Mazda
18th Feb 2007, 06:04
Man, if Lara is going to look like a red "x", I refuse to play it.

Martin C
18th Feb 2007, 11:52
What next, people are upset that the colour of her eyes are one shade less than the colour should be? :rolleyes:

Threads like this make me lose faith in humanity :rasp:

Martin C x

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 12:18
It really agrovates me too, I like the AOD holsters, they had a nice brown to them and the guns fitted perfectly in them.

About the clipping issues, this really annoys me aswell:mad:.

Seriously, if this is not fixed then I will really think about not buying the game because it's the little things that agrovate me, in legend, if you wore something like the biker outfit or basically one that is unlocked, her guns go thru her holsters, they go right thru the edge of them:confused:, they should fit in perfectly with the pistolo neatly in the holsters.

Also, when the magnums are in the holsters they fit perfectly (nearly), look at this pic with the magnums on the right and the pistols on the left:

http://i5.tinypic.com/312a5xj.jpg

CD really need to fix this, look at how perfectly the AOD pistols fit in lara's holsters:

http://i5.tinypic.com/44b64jo.jpg

I agree, this really needs to be fixed, and I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this;)

Y'know, it also ----s me off extreemly badly that lara's hair just hangs down and dosn't rect at all with the water, how bloody well stupid is that, it dosn't blow in the wind either:mad:.

In tomb raider bloody 2, it:
Blows in the wind
Behaves properly in water
Lays on the floor when lara's dead.

And in legend, her hair does bloody nothing of that! That is what http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-055.gifs me off:mad:

*sigh* sorry about making such a big deal about this but it really annoys me knowing that game designers can be so ignorent!

EvilNessCroft
18th Feb 2007, 14:42
...You gotta be kidding...:rolleyes:

The game is not even out yet, we've seen very little of the game and people are complaining about those MINOR things...Anyway...When you're playing, I don't think it's her holsters that you're looking at, is it?

I'm sure this thing will be fixed, so no worries! TRA is gonna be awesome! :D

GO CD!:p

BlueSkiesXXV
18th Feb 2007, 14:48
LOL.....I think some people need to take a little break and go outside for a while ;)

Wouldn't life be just peachy if these were the worst problems in the world.

Treeble
18th Feb 2007, 15:04
I for one think the "mad" smilie is not only overused but also overrated and should be completely removed from the boards.

RuumTaedor
18th Feb 2007, 15:15
..._______
../~==== :mad:
./~/-'
/~/

Captain Mazda
18th Feb 2007, 15:48
Alright, so you're saying once you begin playing the game, you'll stop the camera and inspect her from head to toe for hours on end? Crying out loud, Legend had this ultimate "holster bug" as well? Well that's great, because I noticed no such thing and I pay quite the attention to detail. There are some people here worrying about things that are unimportant. At least wait for the game to be released, it's not like Beyonce is going to voice Lara in Anniversary.

mrcube
18th Feb 2007, 19:26
What next, people are upset that the colour of her eyes are one shade less than the colour should be?

What? :confused: Well I'm not buying the game then! ;)

LOL, seriously people, who cares? As long as the gameplay is good fun, why does the fact that her pistols don't fit EXACTLY matter, it's not going to be something you see all the time, or at least, not something that's going to be a problem while playing.

ditom
18th Feb 2007, 19:45
The game didn't come out and you already have problem.
Is it so important?
A lot of players made billion of threads about Lara's hairs.Now we are going to have another billion about her guns.:mad2:

ladylinnycroft
18th Feb 2007, 20:40
oh for heavens sake! the game is not even on the shelves yet and people are getting hot under the collar....I cosplay and it didn't even cross my mind....this game is going to be the mutts nutts,because it's based on the first game....how could it fail not to be great gameplay.....holsters smolshters:rolleyes:

now is the red cross X marks the spot because that's far too easy...or perhaps lara is going to be a humanatarian worker....

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 20:41
The game didn't come out and you already have problem.
Is it so important?
A lot of players made billion of threads about Lara's hairs.Now we are going to have another billion about her guns.:mad2:

actually her gun holsters:D.

I'd just like it if lara's guns fitted properly into her holsters like AOD!

Is that too much to ask?

Captain Mazda
18th Feb 2007, 21:55
Yes.

rabid metro
19th Feb 2007, 04:08
...Y'know, it also ----s me off extreemly badly that lara's hair just hangs down ...

i'm just asking, ...
for no particular reason really ...

have you ever killed a squirrel, or a cat, you know ...
or punched out a window, stuff like that?

just kidding ... ;) ;) ;)
we've all been there, right! .... <,nudge>> <<nudge>>

here's what gets me:

:whistle: Clues made too obvious.
:whistle: Rare opportunities to explore.
:whistle: Alternate routes excluded.
:whistle: Zero side quests.
:whistle: You can finish in 6 to 8 hours.

of course, there was a reason for that in legend ...

anyway, its a public forum, let's relax and have fun, agree?

Rascalius
19th Feb 2007, 14:21
LOL.....I think some people need to take a little break and go outside for a while ;)

Wouldn't life be just peachy if these were the worst problems in the world.

Well said, dude!! :thumbsup: :D

StarChampagne
19th Feb 2007, 20:37
..._______
./~/-'
/~/

Make sure it lines up ;)

I have to confess, I hadn't even noticed the pistol issue. Besides, if Anniversary has the enemies of TR1 I'll be shooting things too much to notice. Also, the dual pistols may have lined up perfectly in Aod, but they weren't actually playable. I'd rather have the unaligned, usable versions, myself.

Personally, I think such a small detail should not spoil the enjoyment of what looks to be a pretty good game (fingers crossed). :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th Feb 2007, 20:42
*sigh* sorry about making such a big deal about this but it really annoys me knowing that game designers can be so ignorent!

Game players can also be. I suggest you read a good book and come back when you have had some rest. And watch your language. ****

Phlip
19th Feb 2007, 20:45

Game players can also be. I suggest you read a good book and come back when you have had some rest. And watch your language. ****

OK OK I'll watch my language!

I just wanted people to know how strongly I felt about this and if I didn't uae bad language, mabe it wouldn't make such a big impact, but your right, even though there's a censorship, I still shouldn't;)

aussie500
19th Feb 2007, 21:09
Well there were holster problems in Legend as well, so probably they will not be perfect in Anniversary either. The game is using the same engine, a slightly modified model, but it seems the modifications are only in the looks department not how the holsters behave. Thats fine by me, l played Legend through many times before l even noticed the strange behavior of the holsters. l do not consider the problem that important, now if it was the braid that behaved strangely it would be different. :rasp:

Psychopompador
19th Feb 2007, 23:53
:whistle: i left my heart... :whistle: in spam francisco :whistle:

RuumTaedor
20th Feb 2007, 00:42
Make sure it lines up ;)

I have to confess, I hadn't even noticed the pistol issue.

Actually I was referring to the following post.

I for one think the "mad" smilie is not only overused but also overrated and should be completely removed from the boards.

To which I jokingly responded...

..._______
./~/-'
/~/

I guess it wasn't that obvious.

Treeble
20th Feb 2007, 00:47
Then you and I agree. We should erraticate it. :mad:

RuumTaedor
20th Feb 2007, 01:49
:thumbsup:

Raider0011
20th Feb 2007, 14:04
This is ridiculous.

And here all I want is the game to be released on the XBox 360...

Treeble
20th Feb 2007, 14:44
... and a Wii version wouldn't go amiss either.

Mangar The Dark
20th Feb 2007, 14:47
You know what's even worse than this? Pac Man has no stomach!!!!! He's just a yellow ball with a mouth! Where do all the dots go??!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!! I've been lying awake pondering this VERY UPSETTING MATTER since the early 1980s, and I'm exhausted now, but I just can't let it go.

GoranAgar
20th Feb 2007, 15:00
You know what's even worse than this? Pac Man has no stomach!!!!! He's just a yellow ball with a mouth! Where do all the dots go??!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!! I've been lying awake pondering this VERY UPSETTING MATTER since the early 1980s, and I'm exhausted now, but I just can't let it go.
:lmao:

Raider0011
20th Feb 2007, 15:53
Pac Man is a conundrum... So many dots for such a tiny guy...

I agree with TREEBLE about a Wii version. A high profile game like Tomb Raider should never be exclusive to any console. Making a game like Tomb Raider exclusive only limits it's potential sales. Exclusives just don't make sense for major titles.

Martin C
20th Feb 2007, 15:57

I nearly choked after reading that damn you :eek: :nut: :lol:

Martin C x

ladylinnycroft
20th Feb 2007, 19:31
damn near choked on me crisps! i'm upset my plumber doesn't look like Mario

StarChampagne
20th Feb 2007, 19:37
Actually I was referring to the following post...

I guess it wasn't that obvious.

You misunderstand me :) I realised you were eradicating the smiley, but because you used a gun, I made a joke about it being aligned correctly (the topic of this thread), then moved onto a different subject. I think that I was the unobvious one here :rolleyes:

Since 1980, Mangar? Gosh, that's a lot of worrying. But it is a pretty big issue that I had not even considered before. To think that all this time I've allowed my enjoyment for the game to hide the fact that it is so irrealistic.

:lmao:

RuumTaedor
20th Feb 2007, 19:46
You misunderstand me :) I realised you were eradicating the smiley, but because you used a gun, I made a joke about it being aligned correctly (the topic of this thread), then moved onto a different subject. I think that I was the unobvious one here :rolleyes:

LOL I get it now, I should have picked up on that!

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 15:50
in the second trailer, when Lara is wall running, the guns fit into Lara's holsters nicley, so they've listened:

http://i12.tinypic.com/2gwf42r.jpg

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 15:58
I just hope they haven't cut a level or two for the sake of having their team realigning Lara's pistols properly in her holsters... :rolleyes:

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 15:59
http://arktofile.net/images/arrow-up.gif

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 16:13
And I was saying that if they take the time to fix whatever little cries a lot of folk keep LOOKING FOR they probably end up with a shorter game...

mrcube
24th Feb 2007, 16:24
All these arrows are making me confused :confused:

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 16:33
And I was saying that if they take the time to fix whatever little cries a lot of folk keep LOOKING FOR they probably end up with a shorter game...

So, right back at ya.

eeer no, I noticed a fault with the guns in the position and then I replyed to a thread about it and now I've stated that it's now fixed, it won't make the game shorter, all it probably takes to fix it is 10 mins.

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 16:38
Yes, but is that the single complain you see or make around? Don't think so. If they take time to listen to the moaners they'll go crazy within those very 10 minutes.

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 16:52
whatever! mabe they have specific people who are hired to read our forums and listen to what needs to be changed:D

Just a thought;)

FallenxFromxLight
24th Feb 2007, 17:06
I'm sure the development team gets tired of seeing such incessant and minor whining over the littlest things. Maybe we should just let Crystal D. do their jobs aye? Anything is better than having the same game 5 years in a row basically, which is what Core Design did. They offered little to no improvements over the previous version. With this, even though it uses the engine..Crystal is making VAST changes to please the fans. So stop your whining and enjoy.

Oh yeah...btw:

http://arktofile.net/images/arrow-up.gif

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 17:10
I'm sure the development team gets tired of seeing such incessant and minor whining over the littlest things. Anything is better than having the same game 5 years in a row basically, which is what Core Design did. They offered little to no improvements over the previous version. With this, even though it uses the engine..Crystal is making VAST changes to please the fans. So stop your whining and enjoy.

Better said than anything I could put together. :thumbsup: Please, mods, feel free to close this topic as it's been discussed long enough and the issue's not only been addressed, but has also been fixed. Thanks.

FallenxFromxLight
24th Feb 2007, 18:26
Better said than anything I could put together. :thumbsup: Please, mods, feel free to close this topic as it's been discussed long enough and the issue's not only been addressed, but has also been fixed. Thanks.

People forget also that some parts of the footage shown is of the game in its early stages, as certain parts of the footage shows different things (i.e. shadows on, then shadows off). Many of these minor things people complain so much about probably have been fixed.

So stop whining. TR fans are the most notoriously hard to please, I swear :D.

Phlip
24th Feb 2007, 18:40
(i.e. shadows on, then shadows off)

Yere, like in the snow bit's if you'll notice, Lara's hear is stiff and for a breif second when she gets up after the wolve has been shot by her, her hair is stiff, then in egypt, it moves.

But in the first trailer, Lara's hair moves all the time and that's a very old trailer! so there's no excuswe for it to be stiff at the beginning unless it's a cutscnee, then I understand completely, because with the legend engine, CD have to animated her hair for a cutscene.

And obviously they havn't got to that stage yet;)

StarChampagne
24th Feb 2007, 19:29
Yere, like in the snow bit's if you'll notice, Lara's hear is stiff and for a breif second when she gets up after the wolve has been shot by her, her hair is stiff, then in egypt, it moves.

But in the first trailer, Lara's hair moves all the time and that's a very old trailer! so there's no excuswe for it to be stiff at the beginning unless it's a cutscnee, then I understand completely, because with the legend engine, CD have to animated her hair for a cutscene.

And obviously they havn't got to that stage yet;)

Déj* vu, anyone?

Just a thought: there are bound to be faults to be ironed out before the game is released. I might be wrong in thinking that CD has people observant enough to spot these. Hopefully they don't need us to find them. :)

Remember, they are showing us an unfinished masterpiece. I remember the first Legend trailer, when Lara's hair stuck out at a really weird angle. Luckily CD managed to notice and correct it without my intervention. :lol:

Treeble
24th Feb 2007, 19:54
Déj* vu, anyone?

Yes. :rolleyes:

Though it took a while to come up again, didn't it?

StarChampagne
24th Feb 2007, 20:15
Yes. :rolleyes:

Though it took a while to come up again, didn't it?

Only so long before criticising the guns and the inventory gets old. :rolleyes:

Lara Croft Wanna Be
10th Apr 2007, 02:35
didnt wanna start and arguement, and i did say it was gonna sound stupid, im has a small case of OCD lol, it wouldnt ruin the game its self. it would spoil it cause half the time playing i would think those pistols arent in the holsters right and then id get mad for NO REASON.

Myself: DIE RAPTOR DIE, WHAT THE ... oh yeah.... the pistols arent neatly in the holsters...

T-REX: ROAR, CHOMP!!!

Myslef: OH MY GOD, THE HOLSTERS KILLED LARA. I TOLD THE FORUM PEOPLE IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME!!!!:lol:

Tinusss
10th Apr 2007, 03:26
Myself: DIE RAPTOR DIE, WHAT THE ... oh yeah.... the pistols arent neatly in the holsters...

T-REX: ROAR, CHOMP!!!

Myslef: OH MY GOD, THE HOLSTERS KILLED LARA. I TOLD THE FORUM PEOPLE IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME!!!!:lol:

Now that's exactly what I mean:lol:
Everyone is now playing close attention to lara, but who is looking to her so closely while playing? I never payed attention to how those small details looked at when I was playing Legend, so I won't in Anniversary either.

I bet you guys didn't moan if you didn't have to wait for the time it's being released, so you were too busy solving puzzles and so on.

Rusty_DK
10th Apr 2007, 04:18
Maybe thats why AOD wasnt so good...they spent too much time on where the gun holsters were instead of the actual gameplay...

ElevenTR
10th Apr 2007, 09:13
Someone's probably posted this already but..

her backpack straps arent right!!!

But who cares? I mean, i didnt have a clue about the holsters and now its really put me down knowing theres a problem...

And about the hair.... HAIR DOESNT FLIPPING FLOAT ON WATER YOU MORONS!

(sorry if that gets censored, i dont think its bad language)

LisaB1962
10th Apr 2007, 15:34
I never payed attention to how those small details looked at when I was playing Legend, so I won't in Anniversary either.

Me too. I was rather annoyed the camera focused so close in on Lara in Legend, because I really wasn't that interested in seeing her up close while I played.

Isn't that what cut-scenes and FMV are for?

mrcube
10th Apr 2007, 19:54
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

None of this matters to me, I'm not buying the game because her top isn't green enough! :rasp: