PDA

View Full Version : Match size?

FireFrost
17th Feb 2007, 22:54
What is your preference for match size and why?

For me it is 1vs1 hands down. It comes down to whoever can control all of their ships/planes/subs the best. You don't have to worry about an idiot teammate running his ships onto the beach and ruining your game, and you have control of Everything. Oh and also because my crappy connection only allows me to host a 1vs1 smoothly :)

colonelklink
18th Feb 2007, 19:15
i think 4 v 4 is the best and worst
its the best when you get a team that works together perfectly and its the worst when you get a team that has no teamwork and frustrates the hell out of you

FireFrost
18th Feb 2007, 20:04
And the laaaaaag. Maybe it's just my crap connection, but I hear a lot of other people complain about the lag in many 8 player matches. I don't think many broadband connections can host 4 vs 4 matches with upstream bandwidth less than 1Mbit (which would be most broadband connections, especially DSL).

BUT, so far 4 vs 4 is winning the poll, AND 8/10 matches that I see online are 4 vs 4, so the lag can't be as bad as people make it out to be...

It was so bad in one 4 vs 4 match for me, that I was steering my carrier hard left, then couldn't straighten it out, and ended up ramming another carrier and sank us both. Then I got booted.

Muddled Muppet
19th Feb 2007, 11:52
It was so bad in one 4 vs 4 match for me, that I was steering my carrier hard left, then couldn't straighten it out, and ended up ramming another carrier and sank us both. Then I got booted.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Can just picture that happening! funny as fook to read about but no tthat funny to happen to u i suppose!

FreeloaderUK
19th Feb 2007, 12:21
Lag is more common in 8player matches but on the plus side 8 players is good for teamwork & also u dont have to control so many units on your own- so u have more of a satisfaction by taking out enemy units. in 2 v 2 matches a lot of the kills are by sinking A.I. controlled vessels while the player is concentrating on something else & where's the fun in that?

Muddled Muppet
19th Feb 2007, 16:42
Ventured into public lobbies for first time last night, had a few 8 player games, amazing how quick guys drop out/leave!

All games i was in i ended up with loads more assets than i started with.......

Kudos btw to any host who stays for the bitter end despite losing......... meant to name names but didn.t remember them, Doh!

xgamerms999
28th Mar 2007, 02:49
I like 4v4 and 3v3!

M0n3y
28th Mar 2007, 10:09

well.. thats funny yes:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i had this once : i left the airfield with my zero's and i just left the runway and the lag begins...

i flewed trough hell and high water:P
and also trough the mountains and even the ground :O

xgamerms999
5th Jul 2007, 00:35
That must have sucked.

crazyhorse128
6th Jul 2007, 22:38
lag and planes doesnt mix

xgamerms999
9th Jul 2007, 00:58
lag and planes doesnt mix

Your telling me!:lol: