PDA

View Full Version : Level 1 route into the caves **SPOILER**

Phlip
17th Feb 2007, 17:43
I've drawn a route with the two pictures that link and a part out of the trailer and I can show you the way to get inside of the caves through the front door, although it is quite hard to follow the many arrows I drew:

LINK (http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i228600_level1route.JPG)

I'm quite disgusted about how easy it is to get inside, the game is only going to have about >12< levels so it should be quite hard. http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/nonono2.gif

StarChampagne
17th Feb 2007, 21:10
My, seems like we're going to have a walkthrough before the game's out yet ;) You're very observant, but I'm going to wait until the game comes out. That way, I can spend more time figuring out the puzzles then, and not ruin the surprise. :cool:

As for it being hard... I'd like to to be hard too, but then again, I'd like to get in the front door without too much hassle. As I recall, the Caves level was a tidy little introduction, and nothing mind-blowingly difficult (assuming this is from the Caves level - looks quite like it, but could well be wrong). I think it would be unfair to judge the diffculty of the game on the basis of one door. ;)

aussie500
18th Feb 2007, 00:56
Why would getting in that particular door be hard? In the original game it was an FMV that you could only watch, at least now we get to open the door ourselves

Phlip
18th Feb 2007, 12:22
exactly, it wouldn't be hard, but it should make you think a bit more instead of bieng very hard.

StarChampagne
19th Feb 2007, 20:41
I'm going to have to think about it, even if it is jump, jump, swing, swing.

But I'm saving the thinking 'til the release of the game.

If this is the standard of ALL the puzzles in the game, maybe I would be annoyed. But I won't bother. I think I'll just wait and see.

Phlip
20th Feb 2007, 15:35
so will I, but I was just looking at the images and thought that was the path, level 1's are always easy so it may or may not be correct.

jason
20th Feb 2007, 23:59
Look philip i would like it to be a bit more challanging aswell but then again i know a few young TR fans and they love watching me play it and theyhave a go aswell and i know if a game is to hard then it will not apply to thwe younger audiences and i think it is a good thing if we can get younger people into the TR games.

Phlip
21st Feb 2007, 15:36
but Jason, what about the true TR fans who have been with tomb raider from the very beginning, don'y you want a TR game that's hard and has a bit of violence?

Rivendell
21st Feb 2007, 16:18
I don't know why some people are complaining about how 'hard' it is to get through a door.
About 95% of the people who've seen that screenshot remembered that first FMV 10 years ago and the solution clicks with them.

How hard should it be to open a door with a switch near it?

Run run run switch *door opens* run inside

OR

Run run climb run climb jump grapple swing land run jump vault shimmy vault run switch *door opens* jump run inside.

I know which one I prefer.

Psychopompador
21st Feb 2007, 21:57
too hard.. must find level skip.

stands in front of door. makes sure compass faces due north. goes to inventory. selects small medipack. presses L1, L2, R1, R2 and up at the same time, presses triangle. goes back to main screen. steps left, steps right, steps left, steps forward, steps back, steps forward, turns around 3 times, jumps and turns

hopefully she wont explode.

Taylour
25th Feb 2007, 03:30
hopefully she wont explode.

:lol: :lol:

Anyway, this looks way fun.

jason
25th Feb 2007, 07:40
but Jason, what about the true TR fans who have been with tomb raider from the very beginning, don'y you want a TR game that's hard and has a bit of violence?

yes i would philip but you are still saying the game is going to be easy judged on the first level. it could turn out like legend the levels got slightly harder as the game went on.

Phlip
25th Feb 2007, 10:21
I do want the first few levels to be easy but then I want it to get harder! Legend IMO didn't get harder.