PDA

View Full Version : Was live beta tested at all?

helo911
17th Feb 2007, 15:40
Ok, I do like this game, but serisously, the amount of random crashes on xbox live is totally unacceptable. For it to get to the loading screen and just crash, or to join a game and it crash or to leave a game and it crash, and the only solution is to restart your xbox is shocking. The game seems like it has not been beta tested for online play at all as I can't see how these issues could have been missed. A patch is needed asap.

FireFrost
17th Feb 2007, 17:35
There was a MP demo released on the Marketplace about 3-4 weeks before the game's release that served as an open beta test. Funny thing is that the game had already gone gold at that point, so the final store bought version was not patched in any shape or form, from the bugs/glitches/suggestions etc. that were brought up from the demo. AFAIK, there has been no patch released to update the final retail version yet.

I've probably invested close to 100 hours online with this game so far. Maybe I'm lucky, but the game has only actually froze up once on me, and it occured when the host left an in-game battle, which has happened often without crashes. Lots of disconnects and lag etc occur but only one actual game freeze-up. Maybe your copy is a defect or perhaps some underlying problems with your console?

Most of the bugs I've discovered so far are quite annoying, but fairly minor and should be easy for the developers to fix.

helo911
17th Feb 2007, 19:27
It happens 2 outta 5 games with me I'd say. Mostly if the host quits or there is a lot of lag.

chip5541
17th Feb 2007, 19:33
Funny thing is the chat killed my games on teh 360 but running a test on COD3 resulted in teh same thing happening so my final thought is that it may have something to do with live... or my router.:nut:

m t freestyler
18th Feb 2007, 00:13
wat i found with the demo befor my xbox crashed a day befor the release is if there is lag cange to the map screen and switch to a building and dont talk to let the game recover it worked good for me