PDA

View Full Version : Online gaming with Gamespy

Bontemps
15th Feb 2007, 13:01
Do u have to play online with Gamespy

BlackLotus
15th Feb 2007, 21:50

Gamespy is only the game browser engine in the game. You don't need to use the Gamespy Arcade client, but you DO need to create a Gamespyid account to login so that your stats can be tracked and all...

Gamespyid's are free unless you take the premium packages that include more like fileplanet access and such...

wrecklass
17th Feb 2007, 21:31
I downloaded the demo with full expectations of buying the retail game as soon as I saw the game running. However, every time I tried to start a game, it paused at the Gamespy login and I finally had to kill the game. I know I have a Gamespy account, I am a Founder's Club member. I even tried creating a new account within the game, but it still locked up.

Everything else I have on my computer plays over my Cable connection P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y. WoW, Rainbow Six: Vegas, UT2004. The list is actually large, but these are examples.

Bottom line I uninstalled the Demo and decided to purchase Supreme Commander. If you are going to use a Demo to get customers, you might want to test your Demo first, and make sure it's online features are working if you expect people to test it with Multiplayer gaming first.

Of course, it may be that Eidos simply doesn't need any customers. :lol:

vnb warden
19th Feb 2007, 11:56
but you DO need to create a Gamespyid account to login so that your stats can be tracked and all...

how do i see stats

BlackLotus
19th Feb 2007, 16:23
how do i see stats

There's 2 ways:

1 - From the main menu, click Awards... When you view scores a webpage will open and you can see global rankings

2 - At the end of a round, press the white arrow on the News page to see your score and other stats for that game.