PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Competition From Tombraiderboard.com

Diva
14th Feb 2007, 21:48
Your name in the credits of TR: Anniversary?!

TombRaiderBoard.com and TombRaiderInc.com, in association with TombRaider.Be, are happy to introduce a contest! The prize for winning is your name in the credits of Tomb Raider: Anniversary, scheduled for release in April 2007.

The contest will run from 14 February 2007 through 23 February 2007 at 23:59 GMT.

Your Assignment
Explain in 50 words or less why YOU deserve a spot in the Tomb Raider Anniversary credits.

EXTRA PRIZE FOR OUR WINNER
We add a special prize for our winner in the contest being an exclusive Tomb Raider watch and a Tomb Raider Anniversary Certificate for being in the credits!

Rules
1) You need to sign up for the message board, as you need to post it on the board. Team members can participate in the contest because they are not involved at all in the judging process.
2) The submission must be NO MORE than 50 words.
3) You NEED to include your Name and Age in your post.
4) The submission must be your own.
5) You may only give one submission. Multiple submissions will result in them all being deleted.

How to Submit your Entry
We have created a special forum for submitting your entries. Just head on over to http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showforum=129 and post your entry as a new topic. Please be advised: Once you submit your post, you will not be able to edit it, so use the preview button or prepare your post in Word and copy and paste it over.

Please be advised, you can only post new topics in this forum - you CANNOT READ them. So, when you post your topic, you will receive an error, even though the topic has gone through. You can double check that it went through by looking for your topic. If you experience any problems you can email an administrator for help.

Judging
After the 23rd of February, the administrators are going to narrow down the submissions and then we will have an Eidos representative judge the final 10 entries to determine the winner.

Good luck to all the participants!

Many thanks to Eidos for hosting details

MissLara2U
14th Feb 2007, 21:54
Good luck with that Steve.

All the best, M.

kurtie
14th Feb 2007, 22:08
The name is diva darling ;) but steve is in our team as well :)

thanks

imported_Mark_
15th Feb 2007, 00:12
That sounds great! Good luck to the participants. :thumbsup:

enoch
16th Feb 2007, 17:23
I get an error message no matter what I do. Even if I try to enter the topic about "contest forum" which I cannot find anywhere. Or if try to post a new topic within the anniversary area. And I have signed up???

DKSM
17th Feb 2007, 05:06
Your account has yet to be validated.

We require accounts to be validated via email (much like many other message boards). Once your account is validated, you'll be able to post and you'll see the contest forum.

I've sent you a PM with further information.

dhama
17th Feb 2007, 08:48
I get an error message no matter what I do. Even if I try to enter the topic about "contest forum" which I cannot find anywhere. Or if try to post a new topic within the anniversary area. And I have signed up???

The idea is that you don't get to see other peoples entries. You just write your piece then post it. It will give an error but it will still be posted. Unless of course i've misunterstood you.

enoch
17th Feb 2007, 17:15
Your account has yet to be validated.

We require accounts to be validated via email (much like many other message boards). Once your account is validated, you'll be able to post and you'll see the contest forum.

I've sent you a PM with further information.

Thanks, DKSM. It seems to work now.

enoch
17th Feb 2007, 17:19
Oh, I forgot the :)

Diva
17th Feb 2007, 19:20
The idea is that you don't get to see other peoples entries. You just write your piece then post it. It will give an error but it will still be posted. Unless of course i've misunterstood you.

Quite correct in your assumptions dhama.
Also anyone registering for the first time ... please remember that your email has to be validated before you can post. Most of the time the automated email the board sends you will end up in your junk mail so please remember to check there also ;) then just click on the link to validate and your ready to post and access the forums :D

Once again Good Luck Everyone !!!

Joshorty
21st Feb 2007, 02:41
So what is the Tomb Raider Watch exactly:D?

Diva
21st Feb 2007, 10:13
LOL enter and win it ;)

I'll see if I can't find a piccy of it to post, going away fro a few days so will have to do it after the weekend, unless Steve can post one ?

Steve?

kurtie
21st Feb 2007, 16:44
I'll add one later on in our contest topic on trb.com

Joshorty
22nd Feb 2007, 03:57
Um I'm having a problem..I registered at TombRaiderBoard.com already and I'm already a confirmed and validated member though when I try posting a new topic in that link (http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showforum=129) yet they give me an error message saying:

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

though I never started my topic post yet...and I'm logged in as well (same username as this one).

EDIT: Nevermind - it was my internet:D

Treeble
22nd Feb 2007, 13:19
This was a tough one. 50 words just don't seem to be enough to describe what Tomb Raider means. Looking forward to the result, though, and thanks for the opportunity. :thumbsup:

kurtie
23rd Feb 2007, 20:00
Picture of the watch has been added.

Only 4 hours left now, so if you want to be in Anniversary's credits then try to enter in as much contests as you can cause this might be a one-time offer.

I which all the contestants good luck and of course all fan websites a great time with Legend updates.

Once again I'd like to thank the Eidos Community for supporting us in the contest and having our topic pinned for the last 2 weeks.

Thanks.

dhama
23rd Feb 2007, 20:59
Once again I'd like to thank the Eidos Community for supporting us in the contest and having our topic pinned for the last 2 weeks.

Thanks.

It was our pleasure. :)

Treeble
23rd Feb 2007, 20:59
Oooh! Lara(C) Merchandise!! :thumbsup:

Good luck to all entrants.

*fingers crossed*

Joshorty
25th Feb 2007, 04:24
Good luck indeed:D And yes, our pleasure:)

Diva
26th Feb 2007, 00:59
The 10 finalists have been chosen and entries will now be forwarded to an Eidos representative for judging

All entries can be seen here http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showforum=130

Joshorty
26th Feb 2007, 01:06
It's not showing me anything:( just says:
Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken
I'm logged in as well..

DKSM
26th Feb 2007, 22:52
And we have a winner!

and the winner is...............

*drumroll*

Lucas Metz, "Treeble", with this answer:

"Lara's been with me since 1997 and will remain forever as a tattoo on my leg. Instead of complaining upon little things, I keep praising because TR remains a blessing for me. I'm also a collector of anything-TR stuff, and living in Brazil, it's not as easy as it sounds…

Thanks for your attention."

Congratulations to him! His answer personifies devoted support of Tomb Raider fans everywhere and he shows a real sense of community spirit! Well done Lucas!

quoted from: http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=6955&view=findpost&p=124089

-
Congrats to Treeble! :)

Thanks to everyone for participating in the contest as well as Keir for taking the time to judge!

dhama
26th Feb 2007, 22:56
Could not have been won by a nicer chap. Good on yer Treeble. :thumbsup:

Joshorty
26th Feb 2007, 23:18
CONGRATULATIONS:D !! That was REEEEALLY nice:D!!

Well since the contest is over, might as well post mine:
.....SNAP I LOST IT:mad2: :lol: Well congrats anyways:D!!!

RuumTaedor
27th Feb 2007, 00:02
Way to go Treeble! :thumbsup:

kiss-bite
27th Feb 2007, 00:54
;) Congratulations!:thumbsup:

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 01:30
OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!! Thanks everyone guys, I'm really touched and boy, is this special for me! :)

rabid metro
27th Feb 2007, 03:10
... just wanted to add my CONGRATS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dude! you're immortal ...

imported_Mark_
27th Feb 2007, 18:18
YAAAY!! Congratulations Lucas, you deserve it!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

Diva
27th Feb 2007, 21:37
Many Congratz Treeble :D Thrilled for ya ;)

Joshorty
27th Feb 2007, 22:00
This is soo cool:D I can't wait to look for it during the credits:DI'm gonna go WAAAAH!!:D

Treeble
27th Feb 2007, 23:01
LOL :o

Thanks guys. :D

Diva
1st Mar 2007, 23:44
LOL ... I'll have to go WAAAAH now too :P