PDA

View Full Version : More questions about the content in Nosgoth.

BahamutKaiser
17th Oct 2013, 07:31
So I did a quick search and scan for subjects on my mind, and didn't see them, in the interest of not forgetting what crossed my mind I'm just gonna rattle off right away than elaborate later.

First, I've played most of the series games, but I super don't remember jack, a few little bits here and there, still, I liked the series, I like vampires, I like this series unique approach.

Now straight to the nitty gritty,

-Friendly Fire?, yes, no, alternate modes?

-will there be any meleeish combat humans or ranged combat vampires?

To elaborate, I was hoping there would be some blade wielding vampire hunters or something, that have some mobility and great intercept attacks which can impale an oncoming vampire with quick wit and timing, or a magic wielding vampire who can set groups of foes alight from a short distance or slowly pressure an area from long range, most specifically, thru objects so they could slowly cook a group of humans camping in an enclosed location.

-is there a possibility for destructable terrain or buildings?

It seems like a shame to have a huge brawler class and not be able to break down walls and make new entrances to a fortification, maybe even pick up large objects and throw them. I noticed that they looked pretty fast in the trailer, and I was hoping for less speed and more utility.

-will there be zerg modes?

I noticed in the stream you mentioned trying to come up with battle modes that worked, I was thinking that a certain theme of overly powerful vampires in a smaller group vs a larger number of humans could be a unique experience, with these more durable, faster, stronger, and more abundant resourced vampires, they could fight a larger human force for an super powered feeling.

Alternately, there could be the starved vampire mode, where an elite team of humans are sent in to take on a larger number of vampires who have become weak due to circumstances, and move slower, deal less damage, so forth.

-will there be unique aesthetics?

I've only been on here for a hot second and already seen a few ppl complain about new aesthetics, meanwhile newcomers may want more pleasant aesthetics, or foreign aesthetics. As a FTP game which is considering cosmetics, why don't you just do all of them... if some players wanna unlock 3 digit vampires, or others want human looking draculas... just offer the spectrum... maybe they wan't their human bow dude to look like Robin Hood, or an Elf... or a Samurai bowman... how diverse are yal willing to get with the aesthetics?

-will there be Vampire vs Vampire modes?, and human vs human modes?, mixed character modes?

-... so yeah, I'm forgetting stuff already.

Anyway, I hope I haven't burdened yal with a bunch of stuff that has already been asked. I'm really looking forward to this game mostly because I like the concept of unlike opponents, melee attackers, climbing walls, flying, bounding, vs weapon wielders, projectiles, traps, bombs...

Dang, something else returned and departed that fast, it's late yal, have a good night, oh, and yeah, plz favor me with some answers or discussion.

BahamutKaiser
17th Oct 2013, 20:21
OK I remembered one or two other features I'd like to ask, and I'm awake now.

-Is there a possibility for a stealth vampire, that either turns invisible or fills the area with fog for cover, like vampire smoke grenades.

-will tools like horses and mounted combat be an option for humans? Perhaps a rider class with melee power and the ability to bring an allied shooter horseback with him?

-Is it possible for vampires to acquire human weapons even temporarily for use when they take them down?

-Is the a possibility for a vampire class to use any melee weapons? Sword, spear, daggers...

Guess that's enough questions for now. Don't know if there's any plausible answers anyway, traffic seems quite slow... Just curious.

lucinvampire
17th Oct 2013, 21:45
You may get a better response posting these questions in the Q&A sticky thread. :D just a thought.

I can try to answer a few but only through what I’ve seen…this doesn’t mean it’s not in the game though because we only saw a fraction of it…

There is no friendly fire.

Vampires only use melee and humans only use range attacks.

There was no terrain destruction.

There is only vampire vs human – no vampire vs vampire or human vs human.

In the second batch…

The vampires are all quite stealthy in using buildings to leap from, as for abilities I can’t remember but either the Dumahim or Turelim can deploy black smoke which completely blinds any humans in a given area – if you’re on the receiving end all you see is a black screen for a time. Both the vampires and the humans had some good abilities/attacks.

There sadly weren’t any horses, that’s a cool idea though!

There didn’t appear to be a way to acquire weapons from other factions, they were just picked from your characters selection.

I’d like to see vampires being able to use weapons but they only seem to use claws and abilities.

I hope this is some help :D

Psyonix_Eric
17th Oct 2013, 21:47
-Friendly Fire?, yes, no, alternate modes?
No friendly fire right now.

-will there be any meleeish combat humans or ranged combat vampires?
It's always a possibility.

-is there a possibility for destructable terrain or buildings?
Probably not.

-will there be unique aesthetics?
Non-pay-to-win items like cosmetics are the primary goal of the store.

-will there be Vampire vs Vampire modes?, and human vs human modes?, mixed character modes?
I don't know of any plans for that yet but I could be wrong. It kind of defeats the purpose of two races battling each other.

-Is there a possibility for a stealth vampire, that either turns invisible or fills the area with fog for cover, like vampire smoke grenades.
Smoke grenades already exist for the Reaver's. I can't comment on the other idea. ;)

-will tools like horses and mounted combat be an option for humans? Perhaps a rider class with melee power and the ability to bring an allied shooter horseback with him?
No

-Is it possible for vampires to acquire human weapons even temporarily for use when they take them down?
No

-Is the a possibility for a vampire class to use any melee weapons? Sword, spear, daggers...
It's possible but it's not a thing that you can currently do.

BahamutKaiser
17th Oct 2013, 22:31
Thanks a bunch for the info, I'm hoping they get the most out of this genre since it's introducing some interesting gameplay.

I've already seen them deny certain content like a single player story mode. I'm hoping if the product is successful that they will embellish the game with more ways to experience the content. Much like the original WC3 our Halflife, being able to adapt the content and utilize it for a maximum number of experiences multiplies the value of the product.

One of my biggest disappointments about LoL is that the characters can't be used in a story mode or alternate CoOp challenges for more value with the content available. WC3 is a great example of how a single player story can be used to add immersion and teach players at a slow pace the mechanics that operate the game.

It is free to play, so it's different, but mods as such would be enjoyable and could be a meaningful product attachment to sell.

Anyway phones dieing, I'll return later and maybe pass some of these interested and questions to the QA section for discussion.

BahamutKaiser
18th Oct 2013, 00:51
Excuse my earlier comment, didn't realize a developer was explaining content. Thanks for the info, I hope you'll consider some of these options perhaps even in circumstantial capacity.

As for vampires and humans fighting themselves. It's just a common place occurrence, just because they have an enemy does not make either side loyal allies. It's already stated that the vampires stranglehold falters due to infighting. A new threat doesn't unite everyone, some could be zealots, some could be defectors who attempt to form a coalition. Humans have all sorts of reasons to betray eachother, they may desire vampirism, be framed, or just be wicked, as nobodies really righteous in Nosgoth.

I just feel it opens up variety in gameplay so the content can be used diversely.

I know the project has it's mechanical and lore limitations, but I don't feel like it's such a stretch to generate certain experiences.

I do hope that some alternate modes are supported to, as friendly fire and such can offer some very unique experiences.

TenebraeAeterna
18th Oct 2013, 13:57
No friendly fire right now.

It's always a possibility.

Probably not.

Non-pay-to-win items like cosmetics are the primary goal of the store.

I don't know of any plans for that yet but I could be wrong. It kind of defeats the purpose of two races battling each other.

Smoke grenades already exist for the Reaver's. I can't comment on the other idea. ;)

No

No

It's possible but it's not a thing that you can currently do.

You guys might have a much easier time coming up with classes for each side if you were to break away, even if only by a little bit, from the melee vs ranged concept. Not saying that you should...I honestly don't know which will ultimately be better, but it would be a bit easier to flesh out those harder to do clans. :P

That aside, a horse mounted class for the humans would be a great addition to the game. Make the vampires have to knock the rider off before they can kill them.

4nkkah
18th Oct 2013, 14:30
That aside, a horse mounted class for the humans would be a great addition to the game. Make the vampires have to knock the rider off before they can kill them.

I'm not an expert on developing games, but coding horses and all those mechanics combined with balanced gameplay, balanced asymmetrical maps, big enough asymmetrical maps, working gameplay.. No. Just. No.

TenebraeAeterna
18th Oct 2013, 16:28
I'm not an expert on developing games, but coding horses and all those mechanics combined with balanced gameplay, balanced asymmetrical maps, big enough asymmetrical maps, working gameplay.. No. Just. No.

Difficult but not impossible.

It would also provide a new human class that could be quite interesting. You don't cast something aside because it's difficult, you try it out and hope that it can be accomplished. Interesting things never happen if you play it safe and don't actually strive for the difficult things...such is the reason we have a billion MMORPG clones out there and so few trying to raise the bar.

BahamutKaiser
18th Oct 2013, 22:11
Horses or other forms of transportation could be part of a class only if the maps were all compatable, otherwise they could be a feature of a map with a lot of open ground so the humans have some sort of method to traverse the map and chase the much faster vampires.

It doesn't appear to be in there vision though so no biggy, I'm just wondering how deep and complex the combat will be.