PDA

View Full Version : Ship Challenge

Maybach
14th Feb 2007, 19:44
Could anyone that has completed the second ship challenge let me know how you did it because I can never seem to get to the last wave of ships and destroy the Houston. I've tried various different strategies but my cruiser still keeps getting destroyed. I've completed both the aircraft and submarine challenges but the 2nd ship challenge is a real pain. :mad2:

Asterothe
14th Feb 2007, 22:56
Could anyone that has completed the second ship challenge let me know how you did it because I can never seem to get to the last wave of ships and destroy the Houston. I've tried various different strategies but my cruiser still keeps getting destroyed. I've completed both the aircraft and submarine challenges but the 2nd ship challenge is a real pain. :mad2:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65607

HMS Valiant
15th Feb 2007, 10:22

Keep your ships in the original formation, make sure damage is set to 2 water, 1 fire for each ship, make sure free fire and torpedo is ON for each ship. Then try and keep your formation boradsides to the enemy at all times. Take out the destroyers first if you can, then zap each cruiser. Above all, try not to let them get too close. Use lots of torpedos.

I played this through about 8 times before I got it right - also tried circling the little island at top right, but that didn't work for me as the american ships kept splitting up and heading me off.

I found that you are best NOT to tell the destroyers to target anything specific as that way they break formation, rush in for a kill and get shot to pieces. Let them just follow you around and shoot at whatever they choose - but make sure they have "torpedos" ON. Keeping the formation tight, I managed to keep all three of my ships alive, and the Nanchi had about 50% health by the end.

This was a fun challenge. I awarded myself a cold beer when I finished it. So far, I have the found the hardest challenge is the "Coup de Grace" sub challenge.

generyx
15th Feb 2007, 12:28
This was a fun challenge. I awarded myself a cold beer when I finished it. So far, I have the found the hardest challenge is the "Coup de Grace" sub challenge.

Hehe, I finished all challenges and finished the campaign on veteran and the hardest battle for me was the one, where you have to meet the British ships (Exeter) and sink the Japanese heavy cruiser. At the beginning there were waves and waves of planes with torpedos and bombs.....damn, that was hard....
"Coup de Grace"? Very easy: Let them both surface and head to the CV, dive to level 4 when you get attacked by ships and planes. Get up to Level two 0.8 Mile in front of the CV and torp the biatch. It will move forward when the first torp is fired but 8 torps later: CV gone! Dive to level 4 after the torp run: Mission Over :D

http://my.livecard.net/19847/generyx.png

Maybach
16th Feb 2007, 01:41
Thanks alot for the help guys, I just beat the ship mission and finished up the rest of the ship challenges. Now all I need are the Medal of Honor and Hardened Veteran awards and I've got em all.