PDA

View Full Version : Voice actors...what you do you think about this idea?

Rusty_DK
14th Feb 2007, 18:37
You know what I was thinking which would be a little nifty idea...if they could get the original voice actors from TR to redo TRA!!! What do you think?

Phlip
14th Feb 2007, 18:51
thatr would be good, but keely haws is definatly doing the voice:(, I prefered Judith gibbons, especially in TR3, it was softer than TR2:)

Taylour
25th Feb 2007, 03:46
I was really pleased with Lara's voice in TRL, however it almost seemed like she slipped out of her accent a few times. But that's just me.

Mertz523
25th Feb 2007, 07:00
The voice acting in Legend was superb. Best I have ever heard in a story-based action game. At first I didn't care for the actress providing the voice of Lara, but as I finished Bolivia, it grew on me.

It would probably be next to impossible to convince those involved in the original to return to reprise their respective voice roles. I think whatever voice casting decision CD makes for Anniversary will be as top-notch as the voicework for Legend.

ditom
25th Feb 2007, 21:15
Voice from Legend is the best.I want it in TRA.

Martin C
25th Feb 2007, 21:16
The voice acting in TR:L was one of it's strongest points, as much as the headset was annoying in parts the voice acting was very well done.

Martin C x

ggctuk
26th Feb 2007, 16:01
Jennifer Hale is providing Natla's voice. She doesn't play it right. It's not Natla at all. I would have brought back Natla's original voice.

Trinity88
26th Feb 2007, 17:56
I was really pleased with Lara's voice in TRL, however it almost seemed like she slipped out of her accent a few times. But that's just me.

Keeley Haws is actually british and the voice she provides for Lara in legend is actually her own, i've seen her in many British drama's. Keeley is a very nice lady, a great actress, and has a very lovely voice.

I'm glad shes returned to take up Lara's voice again, After all not everyone's voice changes 4 or 5 times in 10 years!! If it had changed, Even back to the originals, everyone would be complaining of inconsistencies!:D

StarChampagne
26th Feb 2007, 18:31
Hmm... Keeley has grown on me too, but I still preferred the TR2 lady, or TR4-6. Natla sounds fine to me. :D

But, I remember that the recording of Keeley from that magazine that 'forgot' to switch off its tape recorder prior to the game's release sounded way OTT, but in the rest of the game she was fine. So maybe the actors and actresses will sound slightly different in the game - it may not have been a 'representative sample', so to speak.

On the other hand, I thought 'I only play for sport' was delivered too softly. Just my opinion - the original Lara was quite 'hard'. :)

Rusty_DK
1st Mar 2007, 09:41
yeah i wasnt complaining about the voice acting in legend at all, i agree it was great...

i was more thinking along the lines of this being an aniversary game and i think it would be a neat little feature to have the original voice actors come in, just for a bit of fun...

Salazar
1st Mar 2007, 20:28
Natla was horrible in the original game with that stupid Texan accent. Since when does an Atlantean talk like a redneck? I like the new voice way better because it doesn't really have any accent. It has a nuetral sound to it which is fitting considering Natla is not from any nation in our world today.