PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO/MUSIC Voice chat

octania
15th Oct 2013, 18:28
So i Started playing today and before the opening of today's servers i checked out the options and played around in the menu's trying to look how well made it was. One thing i noticed after also playing my first game is the game doesn't seem to have an option to turn off your voice chat. I would strongly suggest adding a option to turn it off not only your voice but also their voice. Maybe a push to talk button. It gets really tedious when you need to mute all the new players coming in also knowing that people will hear me if i do not shut my mic off.

Psyonix_Corey
15th Oct 2013, 18:34
So i Started playing today and before the opening of today's servers i checked out the options and played around in the menu's trying to look how well made it was. One thing i noticed after also playing my first game is the game doesn't seem to have an option to turn off your voice chat. I would strongly suggest adding a option to turn it off not only your voice but also their voice. Maybe a push to talk button. It gets really tedious when you need to mute all the new players coming in also knowing that people will hear me if i do not shut my mic off.

You can configure all these settings in Steam's voice chat settings (Settings->Voice tab), but we'll look into what we can expose in the client.

Cirtaboy
15th Oct 2013, 18:48
The issue with that is that steam changes the universal sound settings. For example, when I lower the microphone volume in steam, it lowers it in Skype too.

That makes it impossible to talk on skype/ventrilo/mumble while playing the game. Unless you want to broadcast everything you say to your team.

Psyonix_Corey
15th Oct 2013, 18:50
The issue with that is that steam changes the universal sound settings. For example, when I lower the microphone volume in steam, it lowers it in Skype too.

That makes it impossible to talk on skype/ventrilo/mumble while playing the game. Unless you want to broadcast everything you say to your team.

That makes sense. I'll pass this along.

Commander_cloud
17th Oct 2013, 02:11
Hi. Fix a button to turn off your microphone in-game. :))

Caiwyn
17th Oct 2013, 17:08
Also a button to mute the rest or maybe specific players. :p I have to be tabbed out from the game while I wait for the queue, or i'll get a headache from all the weird/laggy background noise!

Psyonix_Corey
17th Oct 2013, 17:14
Next update will disable open mic by default and have a push-to-talk hotkey.

We'll look into making muting more intuitive. Right now I think you can do it, but you have to hit ESC, click "Score", and then you can mute people on the scoreboard.

AboutMrQ
17th Oct 2013, 18:06
Next update will disable open mic by default and have a push-to-talk hotkey.

We'll look into making muting more intuitive. Right now I think you can do it, but you have to hit ESC, click "Score", and then you can mute people on the scoreboard.
Thank god! Having it on from start and having it being bad as hell makes me crazy. Hearing crackling voices of people talking about something in foreign languages is incredibly annoying.

Usernamexists
16th Feb 2014, 04:53
didn't see this in particular posted anywhere, but there is something wrong with the voice volume in game. output is way to low. i didn't know if this was something just put aside due to the fact we r in alpha or if it was being buggy. i made sure i wasn't the only person with the problem before i spoke up. i've only tried push to talk. i'm not fond of leaving my mic on. using the vent channel for now. it is very possible for this to be on the users end and us not know. i have the push to talk key matching in steam, mic volume up in windows and steam and no one i've talked to about it so far has trouble in other steam games. hope this doesn't wind up being a waste of your time get back to us when u can, we know you're busy as all he**! :poke:

hirukaru
16th Feb 2014, 11:46
Voice chat has not been fully activated.

We set up a ventrilo and a raidcall channel
Check here:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8603

(I always recommend 3rd party voice software, because ingame voice can reduce game quality in my opinion)

lucinvampire
16th Feb 2014, 12:53
Voice chat has not been fully activated. )

Quick question, with the ventrilo thing do you have to download it or does it just work if you are with someone who's using it? Cause last night someone was clearly talking in a game though very skippy... Don't know if they were using something else... I just never had it happen before even with the peeps i know have it

Usernamexists
16th Feb 2014, 13:07
ive been setup to use that vent server, been telling people about it in game to get people on it. its like even though its an alpha, people arent reading the forums. not just about the vent subject.

hirukaru
16th Feb 2014, 14:09
Quick question, with the ventrilo thing do you have to download it or does it just work if you are with someone who's using it? Cause last night someone was clearly talking in a game though very skippy... Don't know if they were using something else... I just never had it happen before even with the peeps i know have it

maby those people found a way to turn on voice chat in game.
Vent only works when downloaded the program (or if someone is hosting the ventrilo online through a server).

Remember that 200g team and some others are mostly using Raidcall because (Iam more active there and I am a mod there so I can create channels)

Usernamexists
17th Feb 2014, 04:30
raidcall? ill check that out. thanx i try to have all in game chat programs :scratch:

lucinvampire
17th Feb 2014, 09:13
maby those people found a way to turn on voice chat in game.
Vent only works when downloaded the program (or if someone is hosting the ventrilo online through a server).

Remember that 200g team and some others are mostly using Raidcall because (Iam more active there and I am a mod there so I can create channels)

Thanks for the information :D - yeah it was buggy and kind of made the guy sound like he'd swallowed a Dalek on occasion :lol: which of course was highly amusing.

RainaAudron
17th Feb 2014, 14:40
I have teamspeak installed, however Id be willing to use it only with friends, which requires being able to form teams.

cmstache
17th Feb 2014, 15:46
We were using a teamspeak originally, but we've enjoyed some freedom with the raidcall. It's really extremely good quality, on par with the others, and free. With fun things like badges and credits you earn for usage.

RainaAudron
17th Feb 2014, 16:18
I see. Ive been using TS with my friends for CS GO and was pretty satisfied. Im not interested in badges or additional stuff, as long as it works fine.

cmstache
17th Feb 2014, 16:42
Yeah, I've used them all: Skype, TS, Vent, RC. With the exception of Skype, which sucks nuts for gaming, they are pretty much all the same. The differences start becoming more apparent from an admin point of view, but the actuallt "day-to-day" use is pretty similar.

Hardcase61
26th Jun 2014, 01:59
when someone speaks in game their volume is very low you can barely hear them over music or game sounds.

I have tried the various volume controls in game without success.

when I check voice in ventrilo I can hear fine.

lucinvampire
26th Jun 2014, 12:11
Hmmm if you've tried your computer volume and the moved the in game volume for voice to full (maybe lowering the other ones to a lower level)...I'm not sure if there is anything else that can be done - I'm not sure if you can make adjustments to the volume in the INI files or not.

lucinvampire
15th Jul 2014, 18:12
It was mentioned to me the other day that my mic was randomly broadcasting in a Lobby…I never use a mic though my laptop has one – well I thought I didn’t. As of this I made sure I changed the key to something completely random I’d never press whilst typing in the Lobby. I’ve kept an eye since then on my little broadcasting symbol and sometimes it randomly comes on.

A different friend of mine was in a lobby the other night and hers kept doing the same thing…

…so yeah be careful what you’re saying – it’s bad because you know well it’s just bad :lol:

ForwardMomentum
5th Aug 2014, 14:52
This is a fairly minor issue, and someone probably has reported this already, but the push-to-talk button activates even when you are typing in in-game chat. So, for the default push to talk key, if you tell you teammates "Hooray! The game is starting!", when you press the "g" in "starting" it will briefly turn on push-to-talk. This surely can't be intended behavior.