PDA

View Full Version : Dumahim and Greater Thralls

Gryregaest
17th Oct 2013, 01:39
So I'm replaying the LoK series (or as best as I can when verifying my cache on steam deleted my saves for SR1, but that's another story), and while going through the light forge, I noticed a similarity between the masks (I think they're masks) of the Greater Thralls and the design of the tattoos or warpaint that the Dumahim have in Nosgoth. It's not exactly the same, but it was close enough to get my attention. It could just be nothing, but I'm wondering if there's a connection.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120512030804/legacyofkain/images/thumb/1/14/SR2-GreaterThrall-Close.png/513px-SR2-GreaterThrall-Close.png

LordNekronom
18th Oct 2013, 11:56
So I'm replaying the LoK series (or as best as I can when verifying my cache on steam deleted my saves for SR1, but that's another story), and while going through the light forge, I noticed a similarity between the masks (I think they're masks) of the Greater Thralls and the design of the tattoos or warpaint that the Dumahim have in Nosgoth. It's not exactly the same, but it was close enough to get my attention. It could just be nothing, but I'm wondering if there's a connection.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120512030804/legacyofkain/images/thumb/1/14/SR2-GreaterThrall-Close.png/513px-SR2-GreaterThrall-Close.png

there is a similarity between the two but it could just be coincidental given the time span between the games.

Anansios
27th Oct 2013, 20:07
Well that is one interesting find! I'm glad you posted this :)

lordbane2110
29th Oct 2013, 14:01
Hmmmm so they already had warpaint?, I might have to replay SR1 to have a look myself, and as for steam, yeah it's a pain when it deletes your saves, you could always turn off cloud saving and autoupdating that might help

The_Hylden
29th Oct 2013, 23:53
No, those are pics of one class of thralls that guarded the forges in Soul Reaver 2.

lordbane2110
31st Oct 2013, 09:44
Ahh my bad, still they look quite cool, plus which forge did they guard, because off the picture it looks like the light forge, but it's been a while since i played SR2

Sluagh
4th Nov 2013, 23:10
Haven't played for a while, but weren't the greater ones the annoying shield ones?

lordbane2110
7th Nov 2013, 09:48
Hmmm I think so, they were also the ones that ideally were better to waste glyph energy on, cause they were such a pain

Sluagh
8th Nov 2013, 20:14
Yeah they were really irritating. I think that's the fate of becoming an undead creature other than a vampire in Nosgoth - take up a career in irritating.

The_Hylden
8th Nov 2013, 21:31
There is no glyph energy in SR2. These ones did have shields, sometimes accompanied by two sword wielding others thralls. They were in I believe all of the forges (since you need either shields to open doors, or used as light collecting dishes), except the Fire Forge (which has no enemies), and they also inhabit Janos' Retreat.

shayan08
28th Nov 2013, 04:52
I actually like tho role of Greater Thralls that it were the strongest of the Thrall variant enemies seen in Soul Reaver 2. As with other thrall variants.

lordbane2110
28th Nov 2013, 11:15
I didn't actually mean glyph forges, I mean't reaver forges