PDA

View Full Version : If Hosting, Please Stay Till End

Tex Vindictive
12th Feb 2007, 18:19
If people are going to host games, at least have the courtesy to host the game to the end.
I can understand people lose connection and you have 3 players left. But after a long game of 6 people and your down to your last ship, DON'T BAG OUT. **** I dealt with this a few times this weekend. :mad2:

Bartieman
12th Feb 2007, 19:11
Yup i agree, it really really really is annoying -.-

OperationPhoenix
12th Feb 2007, 19:27
Feel free to play when I host games Tex....I usually host 8 player games every night... just look for anything with old farts in it.

actually that goes for anyone that wants a good,fun clean game....hell more often than not,I get blown out of the water and just spectate most of the time

chip5541
12th Feb 2007, 20:43
I may be up for a game Thursday night. My work doesnt really allow me to play games at night. Graveyard shift. Just don't laugh if I fall asleep ;)

OperationPhoenix
12th Feb 2007, 21:44
your on chip....I was starting to wonder if you were a real human or just a bot for edios :rasp:

chip5541
12th Feb 2007, 21:48
depends how awake I am;)

11pm to 7am plus 4 kids leaves me .002375 seconds to play :nut:

MixedupJim
12th Feb 2007, 21:55
count me in too...i hate it when hosts close the server early...very very annoying.
Other things that annoy me is...

1. Hosts that go AFK for extended periods and leave the server running
2. Demo users in the same lobby
3. The number of "server unavailable" errors or similar messages that takes ages to appear when joining, but that you know are going to appear because its taking ages to join!
4. When team members quit or get disconnected and you don't realise that you now control their ship yard/carrier/airstrip
5. Japanese audio warnings are in japanese so mean nothing to me, i'd like to know aircraft are incoming or a unit has been placed under my command or a sub has been detected. I'm all for authenticity, but c'mon how about some subtitles.
6. I can chat in the game but not control the unit....why? if the chat is in sync and can send and receive why can't my unit move?

hmmm....think thats about it :D

Tex Vindictive
13th Feb 2007, 00:38
1. Hosts that go AFK for extended periods and leave the server running :D

I think the rule should be if the host is not checked off ready or at least typing on the chat, just leave the server.

EuT.be
13th Feb 2007, 06:14
Well, all I can say is that if you're in the EU and wish a good game. Join my host as the name is listed in my signature. Before a game starts (loading screen), I can already tell if there's a high latency newb or not and that there's someone who's going to disconnect. So I dont know what they're missing when joining a server (cant they read the mapname or ping?!? Never join a host with a ping HIGHER then 150 or if joining a host takes time!)

I know for once, players are playing for a score or to seek a match vs them self. If a host quits halfgame that's just pure ***** and you'll never if you're ranked or even found an equal or stronger person then yourself.

Last time, I had a game on a german host, if I clicked to fire it took 3 minutes before the shots got fired, even chat came up 3 minutes later, speedboats all the time, controllers not responding for a while! Then the host dares to claim that the few of us are newbs or have bad connections as I clearly readed a ping 50~70 after a few times!

I think the rule should be if the host is not checked off ready or at least typing on the chat, just leave the server.
That's a goodie and is what I'm doing. If they're not responding to a simple "Hello" then you know enough!

5. Japanese audio warnings are in japanese so mean nothing to me, i'd like to know aircraft are incoming or a unit has been placed under my command or a sub has been detected. I'm all for authenticity, but c'mon how about some subtitles.
In "Options -> Game" there's a possibillity to enable subtitles. Downside is that also the US forces are subtitled!

Samsonov
13th Feb 2007, 10:53
I agree with everything said here. I NEVER leave. I host my own 1vs1 games usually under name like "No quitters", "EU full NO quit" or somesuch so people know most important things - that I have full version, that I am in Europe, and that I will NOT quit (and would appreciate the same from my opponent) :rolleyes:

Too bad one must put the description of his server in the name (as there is no other place to put it). Shame about limited MP options as well, this game has HUGE MP potential, that will just be wasted away I am afraid :(

Tex Vindictive
13th Feb 2007, 15:21
Shame about limited MP options as well, this game has HUGE MP potential, that will just be wasted away I am afraid :(

Agreed.

whoopy91
13th Feb 2007, 17:23
yeah, its very anoiging, It whas once 1v4, and i whas obviously owning on my own, and then, they all 4 DROPT, what a noobs:mad2:

Remo
2nd Mar 2007, 12:17
count me in too...i hate it when hosts close the server early...very very annoying.
Other things that annoy me is...

1. Hosts that go AFK for extended periods and leave the server running
2. Demo users in the same lobby
3. The number of "server unavailable" errors or similar messages that takes ages to appear when joining, but that you know are going to appear because its taking ages to join!
4. When team members quit or get disconnected and you don't realise that you now control their ship yard/carrier/airstrip
6. I can chat in the game but not control the unit....why? if the chat is in sync and can send and receive why can't my unit move?

hmmm....think thats about it :D

5- there is a subtitle option.... :scratch:

As for this topic dedicated servers would solve this, and would allow 24/7 hosting, better connectivity, less lag ect.....

chip5541
2nd Mar 2007, 14:18
Dedicated server would be awsome.