PDA

View Full Version : Torpedos keep missing in sub missions

LiBiTiNa
12th Feb 2007, 12:16
Hi there, any one give me some idea as to why the torpedos nearly always miss their targets. Second mission, firing just in range but always miss, tried firing just in front of target and directly at but always just pass targets stern. Have even misses at .2 miles - just dont understand. ?

my tag is LiBiTiNA

Asterothe
12th Feb 2007, 12:43
Hi there, any one give me some idea as to why the torpedos nearly always miss their targets. Second mission, firing just in range but always miss, tried firing just in front of target and directly at but always just pass targets stern. Have even misses at .2 miles - just dont understand. ?

my tag is LiBiTiNA

They might go under the ship if you are very close. Also you should fire where the ship will
be at the point of impact. It requires practice. The best is
firing when the target comes head on to you or from behind. If you are
at its broadside and very close you can go to the highest level fire them all and dive again.

princecaspian4
13th Feb 2007, 05:13

my tag is LiBiTiNA

when far away, you need to fire way in front of the target, torps are slow, remember that, you should fire a full spread, firing torps ahead, directly at, and behind your target, that way they can't just back out and doge your torps, also don't fire from max range, you probably wont' get a hit, they have too much time to maneuver out of the way
also if you are about .1 away from the target, they there is a risk of your torps going under the target

M0n3y
24th Mar 2007, 10:30
when far away, you need to fire way in front of the target, torps are slow, remember that, you should fire a full spread, firing torps ahead, directly at

and if you come from broadside fire in a spread in front and a bit at the rear so if he wants to avoide he has to get back bhut that's why you should fire 1 or 2 at the back
bhut then you have to get about 0,3 - 0,5 miles

hope you've got something whith it

princecaspian4
1st Apr 2007, 18:31
i forgot to say this, when you are about 0.3-0.2 away (the best distance to fire form, i never fire from anything beyond 0.3 unless i know i am about to die and want to get my torps off in the general direction of the enemy in hopes that i will get a hit) don't bother with a spread when you are that close, fire all your torps at one place, that will cause serious leaks, and do more damage then all 4 hitting in different places, when you are that close fire just behind the bow, (unless it is a DD) the enemy won't have enough time to notice the torps and reverse to get away,