PDA

View Full Version : pc shuts down

M.Ouwehand
11th Feb 2007, 16:40
A good day,

I have got a problem with the game battlestation midway.

After I installed the game I tried to play ''single player''. The game starts to load and suddenly my PC shuts down everytime.

I haven't got a clue what causes this problem:

pc:
intel pentium 4 cpu 2.8 GHZ
1028 ram

I hope someone has suggestions what could cause this problem

Martin

soundclash
11th Feb 2007, 20:13
hey man, iv got exactly the same problem...:mad2:

ChrisUK27
11th Feb 2007, 23:22
at least you get to a start screen, mine wont even get that far!

rickcen
12th Feb 2007, 13:24
My comp does run a little further. I can play the plane challenge (still 1st mission) for like an hour and then suddenly the pc reboots. Just before the black screen of cutting off the power, I hear the sound go looping a fragment of say .01 seconds for about 2 seconds time. Then the reboot kicks in.

I didn't see it yet in the sub challenge, or boat challenge.

Missions I did not try yet, too frustrated with my sub launching torpedo's from it's tail to random directions :-) (I know it's me who's making the fault, but the ship should listen to what I want, i'm the captain)

OperationPhoenix
12th Feb 2007, 19:42
hmmmm just a shot in the dark here without knowing more specifics,sounds like it could be an overheating problem and or a psu problem.

Joker1974
12th Feb 2007, 22:00
Yeah, this game is an tough one on your cpu and gpu, when running all stuff on/high. I hear my fans going mad in the pc case. So, first, try to put all setting to low and low resolution.

whoopy91
13th Feb 2007, 17:04
its has nothing too do with specs:
I have
7950GX2
AMD 4000+
2gigs of ram
and I got the crashing too, but its in your software
just reinstall windows like I did, and you will be fine :rasp:

ChrisUK27
13th Feb 2007, 17:53
its has nothing too do with specs:
I have
7950GX2
AMD 4000+
2gigs of ram

Having to reinstall windows to run a game is excessive at best and should be totally unecessary, if the Devs had done their jobs properly that is!

Anyway Ive found a good thread that may help you out with ctd overheating etc...

http://forums.amd.com/lofiversion/index.php/t35679.html

rickcen
19th Feb 2007, 13:24
My comp does run a little further. I can play the plane challenge (still 1st mission) for like an hour and then suddenly the pc reboots. Just before the black screen of cutting off the power, I hear the sound go looping a fragment of say .01 seconds for about 2 seconds time. Then the reboot kicks in.

I didn't see it yet in the sub challenge, or boat challenge.

Missions I did not try yet, too frustrated with my sub launching torpedo's from it's tail to random directions :-) (I know it's me who's making the fault, but the ship should listen to what I want, i'm the captain)

------------
It also happened during Ship and Sub missions. I changed the resolution from high to 1024x768 and set the sound on 'software' (I don't know what it means, software on/off ?) but since then it never crashed again.

joesmaname
19th Feb 2007, 13:43
I found that BS:M is sensitive to Windows resource sharing conflicts where most games are not, particularly interrupts. If you've got the latest drivers for your network adapter, video and sound and have tried putting all the BS:M settings to low or disabled and you're still having odd audio and/or lock up issues, check for resource conflicts. See this thread for more info: Cure for progressive lag problem (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65885)

trongey
19th Feb 2007, 18:30
its has nothing too do with specs:I have
7950GX2
AMD 4000+
2gigs of ram
Agreed.
I have:
Sempron 2800+
GeForce 6200 256mb AGP
1gb cheapest ram I could find
(yes, I'm a serious cheapskate)

I've had very few problems with the game. The only time I've run into problems is if I've been trying to play online and lost several connections. That seems to cause CTDs for some reason.:scratch:

Artius
21st Feb 2007, 01:56
I have a similar problem.

Running:
Windows XP
P4 3.2Ghz
Mobility Radeon 9700 128Mb
1028Mb DDR RAM

It finish loading the mission, and it freezes when it tries to go in game.

antiSniper07
21st Feb 2007, 06:57
I too had trouble with CTD's, but found it to be Router Firmware issue's. That and I took the BlackLotus Crash Course at Home Networking :lol:

Of course some of those vid cards are on the old side. I have two old Pc's that now run this game like a champ.

FX-57
2x 8800GTX in SLi
2x Raptor 74g 10,000 in Raid 0
2g OCZ Plat

FX-62
2x 7900 GTO in SLi
2x Raptor X 150 10,000 in Raid 0
2GB CORSAIR Dominator

Go Figure :rolleyes: