PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Empire?

Fearosius
11th Feb 2007, 09:20
Hey, new guy here, got IG for christmas back in 2005. Great game, graphics are cool, gameplay is cool, almost everything! Anyway, what is your favourite Empire in IG, mine is Russia, as it has a good starting positioning in the beginning, its on the side of the map so it can't be easily attacked, so whats yours?:D

FlyByU
11th Feb 2007, 10:48
Mine is Prussia they are small and you get a good challenge.

Hukamastokea
11th Feb 2007, 13:57
I like Austria and France:D. They both have a great starting position and a great military.

theenglishdude
13th Feb 2007, 15:46
Had you asked me a while ago I would have to have said Prussia or Russia due to Prussia's central (and awkward) geographical/political positioning, and with Russia awkward position it's often hard to break into a decent alliance system or have any kind of security for empire-building.

However, having picked up Britain as a advanced player now I must say I love the "colonial" method of conquering which is so very British. Pop into a country and take the best region(s), establish a port and a small garrison and just leech out the material to support your empire, without ever having actually conquered the country!

Now however I have Hanover, Batavia, Saxony and Sweden under my belt via military conquest plus Kursk and Moscow, Provence, Bordeaux, Brittany and Champagne with Portugal and Denmark having flocked to my banner through peaceful means.

So long as you shy away from peaceful annexations and liberate countries where possible you can achieve very entertaining, contrasting campaigns with a good life-span.