PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Glory 2 Petition

Hukamastokea
10th Feb 2007, 21:13
I have decided to start a petition to get as many people possible to say I want there to be an Imperial Glory 2. I'm doing this because Imperial Glory is so great and can be improved to make it even better. All you need to do is sing your first name. First me,

Tyler

888pablo888
10th Feb 2007, 23:05
Pablo
--------
Imperial Glory. Página Web en Español (http://indicewebdepablo.blogspot.com/2007/03/imperial-glory-ndice.html)
--------

Fearosius
11th Feb 2007, 09:23
Heck yeh, few suggestions, make a better Internet/Multiplayer system and make Naval battles easier:)

Lefebvre
14th Feb 2007, 10:34
I'll sign up to that
Lefebvre

ytareh
14th Feb 2007, 20:16
GUARANTEED purchase here,John

Halberdier
19th Feb 2007, 21:33
me too

Improves:

-easy isometric strategic MAP to modding.
-from american revolution to Pre WWI you only need to change the graphics of helmets and add some uniforms. But NOT all the models or combat tactics.
-You do not need to know where exactly is Balaklava to fight this battle.

TokyoBreakfast
22nd Feb 2007, 19:07
I'd buy that for a dollar! (or $49.99 or £28 or ¥5000 or whatever the game is sold for...)

Tim

Tyford
24th Feb 2007, 01:29
I sign.

Rikki
3rd Apr 2007, 20:55
Rikki

Sir Crow
6th Apr 2007, 17:57
I sign up as well. Glenn.

I will gladly sign up but would recommend these changes if Pyro want to compete with the good games in this era. Keep it Napoleonic, code in English, make the game moddable not just cosmetically either (new games are doing it so why not Pyro) Add a morale system (you can't have a decent Napoleonic game without morale), get rid of uber militia, Make the Naval side more enjoyable and not frustrating like it is (dissappearing ships ETC), a decent MP system. More Nations that are playable, and lastly hurry up as Les Grognards and the newly proposed game from Slithering/LGS will have been released, lol.

WallysWorld
28th Apr 2007, 04:44
WallysWorld signing.

bayruun
4th May 2007, 04:07
Bob signing.

I'd suggest going *back* to the Seven Years War and the American Revolution. There are so many great opportunities there, given the diversity of the battlegrounds. From India to Hanover to Monongahela...

Oh, and toss in a morale system. The computer choosing to "retreat" when badly outnumbered or outflanked doesn't quite cut it. I want to see them flee, and send some cavalry after them (or, in the American campaigns, Natives... damn near better than cavalry).

mongoose8
6th May 2007, 19:31
signed and sealed

Texas
16th May 2007, 02:11
I'll sign if you make some of the suggested changes.

Poirut
16th May 2007, 02:20
I'm hooked. Would definitely love a sequel!!

leandrof1980
26th May 2007, 00:45
Please, sequence is need...
Sequence is necessary for the best imperial glory!

mariandan
7th Jun 2007, 18:13
Marian Dan

KyleEffect
18th Jun 2007, 21:10
Kyle :thumbsup:

General Skobby
20th Jun 2007, 16:50
Andrey

Queeg
22nd Jun 2007, 23:05
Sure. I'll be a tree falling in an empty forest.

Zygmunt I
4th Jul 2007, 08:06
The only version of IG is just fine. Nothing wrong with it, nothing needs improving.

IG II might be out. Eventually. But I doubt anytime soon, seeing as it probably isn't even being worked on yet.

officerpuppy
4th Jul 2007, 16:36
The only version of IG is just fine. Nothing wrong with it, nothing needs improving.

IG II might be out. Eventually. But I doubt anytime soon, seeing as it probably isn't even being worked on yet.

It's been a long time since this game was released, a part II seems unlikely at this point, but it would be nice.

ytareh
7th Jul 2007, 13:53
It's been a long time since this game was released, a part II seems unlikely at this point, but it would be nice.

VERY VERY Unlikely...!Crazy considering 2 years later or more theres nothing to compete with it ....The NTW2 mod was quite disappointing and the Histwar -Les Grognards game seems as far away as ever AND LOOKS QUITE INFERIOR ALSO!!!Is there any replacement Napoleonic game in the future?!Lots of people would love a break from the ww2 stuff.How long till the Napoleonic mod of MTW2...if ever...now that would be sweet

Cyber Soldier
13th Jul 2007, 02:41
I'll sign. Being a bit of a buff on the Napoleonic Wars I love the game but there is so much that can be done to make any Imperial Glory 2 game so very much better than the excellent game we already have.

1) Light foot regiments (Voltigeurs, Light Infantry, Grenzers, Tirailleurs, Riflemen & Jaegers) need a Skirmish line ability where they spread out and are harder to hit with artillery and volley fire. It would taking fewer casualties when being shot at but would make them more vulnerable to a charge.

2) a. Artillery is too vulnerable to cavalry charges. In the age of linear warfare, when attacked by cavalry the gunners would retire towards any nearby infantry regiments and take shelter inside their square formations. This should be an option.
b. Another minor gripe it the fact the Artillery do not fire Canister at close range. I think these changes would give the guns more survivability.

3) Another thing that would improve the reality would be the use of Light cavalry for reconnaissance. At the point in history where the game is set Hussars, Lancers and Light Dragoons were the eyes and ears of an army in the field. I think that you should not be able to see what the enemy army consists of unless you have cavalry near enough to it to actually get eyes on. I mean you could see it's infantry artillery or cavalry but not be able to make out what type unless you had a unit of light cavalry in spotting distance reconnoitring their lines.

5) Morale was a real issue at the time as much as it is today and I think it would be better that if regiments taking heavy casualties ran rather than standing there to be slaughtered.

4) My last ideas are on certain aspects of Graphics and Sound. When infantry forms square they mass into one solid clump rather than the hollow square formation they actually would have used, this just bugs me a bit. As for sound it's just a little thing but I'd like there to be drums when the infantry are marching and when orders are issued with the same for cavalry but with bugles instead.

Duty & Honour
CS

Halberdier
19th Jul 2007, 09:00
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6600/littlegi9.jpg

1-great strategia and diplomatics but but Tactical battles at platoon-company level , from 1700 to 1900 with a men ratio 1:1. For example in the picture:
a)Charge of the Light Brigade (October 25, 1854) Lead 673 cavalrymen
b)Battle of the Little Big horn (June 26, 1876) Lead 652 cavalry men

2-Realistic ballistic firearms, realistic cavalry and infantry platoon-company maneouvers and fire tactics. Battle at We-Go turnbased, or at least paused time as TW. Not only RTS.

3-Lead elite troops or decisive units in scenarios of all main campaigns as Silesia, Waterloo, Gettysburg, etc from XVIII to XIX.

4-Operational campaigns with historic maneovers of historic leaders that we must to help: Marlborough,Marshal Ney, Lt-Col Cardigan, Custer, Sitting Bull,etc involved all main countries and empires US, UK, France,Rusia,Prusia,Spain,China,etc.

5-Fort and City assaults: Tolon,La Haye Sainte, etc and famous assault of ships (a l'abordage!).

6-MOD: uniforms and Flags of 3D objects,scenarios,maps,campaigns,etc.

Zygmunt I
5th Aug 2007, 01:44
VERY VERY Unlikely...!Crazy considering 2 years later or more theres nothing to compete with it ....The NTW2 mod was quite disappointing and the Histwar -Les Grognards game seems as far away as ever AND LOOKS QUITE INFERIOR ALSO!!!Is there any replacement Napoleonic game in the future?!Lots of people would love a break from the ww2 stuff.How long till the Napoleonic mod of MTW2...if ever...now that would be sweet

NTW2 is just battle scenarios. Nothing very exciting. A mod for M2 might not even come out so I've heard. Go to the Lordz forums and ask away. http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/index.php?index

This is the only game for the Napoleonic period. That's good at least. Cossacks 2 is also good, but not great. I would advice buying the Battle for Europe expansion. It's so much better and suck an improvement of European Wars.

von_lipwig
22nd Aug 2007, 10:01
If they would make a new installment of the game they'd better hurry because Empire: Total War is on the way. In other words: Total War in Napoleonic style.

I would love to see an Imperial Glory II, though.

So count me in.

hardyea
22nd Aug 2007, 23:17
Imperial Glory 2. Ahh, I would love that. Been playing Imperial Glory for 2 years now, and well, Its time for a new. SO If u guys are saying Who wants Imperial Glory 2, well Count me.

DrBreem
23rd Aug 2007, 15:16
definitly yes,michele.

and if pyro want some suggestion they can send me a mail i'll be glad to cooperate for free(for exemple a vocal command to drive the units,i mean through a microfone).;)

Castile
16th Sep 2007, 22:03
Of course yes. Imperial Glory is an amazing game and i can´t imagine how will be the next if they do it.

Pd. This is my first post, hi all.

FlyByU
19th Sep 2007, 02:38
I'm in for IG2
I loved IG Now want more.

icepickpleasure
22nd Sep 2007, 02:53
i agree we need a second one

shawn

p.s. but can we get the first one to work on VISTA while we wait